Jeddah Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Jeddah Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I have personally had one immigration officer FALL ASLEEP while checking my documents. He actually left his post to go splash water on his face, but then fell back asleep immediately upon return. - a traveller
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Jeddah King Abdulaziz International Airport.
What to Expect
- There are 3 terminals at the Jeddah airport: North, South & Hajj. The North Terminal handles all flights on foreign airlines. The South Terminal handles all Saudia flights. While the Hajj Terminal handles handles the traffic for the annual pilgrimage to Mecca.
- Reviewers report that the South Terminal is in better condition.
- The immigration / passport control area is reportedly disastrous: be ready for long wait times (some reported 4+ hours) and poor customer service.
- Many reviewers warned of filthy bathrooms. One went as far as to describe them as a “war zone.” We recommend bringing hand sanitizer and tissues along.
- As of July 2016, only passengers are able to enter the airport. Non-travellers have been banned from entering the departure and arrival halls. There is reportedly a small, uncomfortable waiting area outside the airport and it does not have a woman's section in it.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- According to reviewers, sleeping options are limited to hard metal benches.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there is a hotel on airport grounds. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to use one of the first class lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
- Several female reviewers reported being placed in separate, longer security lines.
- Complaints about this airport are frequent and varied. Feel to peruse our reviews to get a better idea of what you may be facing.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Jeddah Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
from wikipedia: "the airport can be inconvenient as a transit facility for international passengers. For example, passengers arriving at the North terminal and connecting to a Saudi Arabian Airlines flight have to travel 20 km to the South terminal."
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Jeddah airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- First Class Lounge - Location: North Terminal, Airside. Hours: Open 24 Hours. Lounge Access: Book Online (£32.00 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
- Al-Fursan Golden Lounge - Location: South Terminal, Airside.
- Plaza Premium Lounge - coming soon
Free WiFi is available is available at Jeddah Airport in the North and South Terminals.
If sleeping in Jeddah Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Crom Airport Hotel Jeddah - Reviews are mixed but the hotel is located on airport grounds, so stay here if you must.
- Jeddah Hilton Hotel - (15 min from the airport) Airport transfers available for 125 SAR (pick-up) and 100 SAR (drop-off).
- Sheraton Jeddah Hotel - (20 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Radisson Blu Hotel Jeddah - (20 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Jeddah Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes, available both landside and airside.
- Car Rentals - Yes, Avis, Budget and Hertz as well as local providers are available.
- Currency Exchange - Yes, available both landside and airside.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Yes, Duty Free is available (note, alcohol is not allowed to be sold) as well as a variety of other shops.
- Food & Drinks - There are restaurants and coffee shops available. Hours are not known but options are available both landside and airside.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Yes, available however the hours and location are not known.
- Prayer Room - Yes, a large mosque is available at the airport.
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to email@example.com and we will update this airport guide.
Information not available.
Last Updated: 22 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.