Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Jeddah Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
I have personally had one immigration officer FALL ASLEEP while checking my documents. He actually left his post to go splash water on his face, but then fell back asleep immediately upon return. – a traveller
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Jeddah King Abdulaziz International Airport.
What to Expect
- There are 3 terminals at the Jeddah airport: North, South & Hajj. The North Terminal handles all flights on foreign airlines. The South Terminal handles all Saudia flights. While the Hajj Terminal handles handles the traffic for the annual pilgrimage to Mecca.
- Reviewers report that the South Terminal is in better condition.
- The immigration / passport control area is reportedly disastrous: be ready for long wait times (some reported 4+ hours) and poor customer service.
- Many reviewers warned of filthy bathrooms. One went as far as to describe them as a “war zone.” We recommend bringing hand sanitizer and tissues along.
- As of July 2016, only passengers are able to enter the airport. Non-travellers have been banned from entering the departure and arrival halls. There is reportedly a small, uncomfortable waiting area outside the airport and it does not have a woman’s section in it.
- Economy class passengers can pay to use one of the first class lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- According to reviewers, sleeping options are limited to hard metal benches.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there is a hotel on airport grounds. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Several female reviewers reported being placed in separate, longer security lines.
- Complaints about this airport are frequent and varied. Feel to read traveller reviews to get a better idea of what you may be facing.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there is a lounge that you can enter by purchasing a lounge pass or through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
If sleeping in Jeddah Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Crom Airport Hotel Jeddah – Reviews are mixed but the hotel is located on airport grounds, so stay here only if you must. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Jeddah Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available is available at Jeddah Airport in the North and South Terminals.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: Landside and Airside.
Currency Exchange – Yes, available both landside and airside.
Duty Free & Shopping – Yes, Duty Free is available (note, alcohol is not allowed to be sold) as well as a variety of other shops.
Food & Drinks – There are restaurants and coffee shops available. Hours are not known but options are available both landside and airside.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Yes. Location: unknown.
Mobile Charging – A traveller (August 2018) has advised us that mobile charging (Huawei Super Charge) is available in the International Terminal South. The charging stations offer USB, Iphone charging and traditional power socket charging.
Prayer Room – Yes, a large mosque is available at the airport.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
The airport is open 24 hours.
As of March 2018, Jeddah airport is served by the following airlines: Saudia • EgyptAir • Etihad Airways • Ethiopian Airlines • Turkish Airlines • Air Canada • Tunisair • British Airways • China Southern • Air Algerie • Lufthansa • Royal Air Maroc • PIA • Air France • Philippines Airlines • Alitalia • Emirates • Royal Jordanian.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport. There are no meters, so negotiate a fare with the driver before starting your journey.
Last updated: 2018-10-23
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected] and we will update this guide.