Sharjah Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Sharjah Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Its the most PATHETIC airport I have ever seen in my life. Airports in India are much better.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Sharjah International Airport.
What to Expect
- A small, but busy single-terminal international airport.
- The food court offers a mixed bag of choices, with some really wonderful restaurants and some inferior options. Mumbai Spices, Costa Coffee and Krispy Kreme were highly recommended by a reviewer.
- According to one reviewer, the restrooms are smelly and filthy. Bring hand sanitizer!
- Six-plug power strips can be found between groups of seats.
- At the time of this update, the seating in the airport is all hard plastic chairs.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there is a transit hotel and other hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
- If you need drinking water, the vending machines sell water at about half the price of water sold at the food court.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Sharjah Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- First and Business Class Lounge - Location: Airside, 1st Floor, Transit Area. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours.
WiFi is available in the First and Business Class Lounge. Email and internet services are available in the general area of the airport, but as of this update we were unable to confirm details or fees. If you know, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If sleeping in Sharjah Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Airport Transit Hotel - Located within the airport, this hotel has 16 rooms, some private and some for sharing. The hotel has 24-hr room service, doctor on-call, and laundry service. Each room has a minibar, safety deposit box, hair dryer, and satellite TV. Rates start at AED 500 for day use (up to 12 hours) and AED 720 for overnight stay, and include breakfast. Day use room without meal is AED 280 (up to 6 hours). Sharing rates start at AED 100 per person.
- Centro Sharjah - Located adjacent to the airport. Shuttle bus available for a fee.
- Sharjah International Airport Hotel - Located opposite the international terminal. No airport shuttle, but the hotel is within walking distance if you choose to walk.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Sharjah Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - ATMs are conveniently located throughout the airport.
- Banking - Emirates NBD has a branch on the 1st floor of the Main Dome. Hours: 9:00AM - 9:00PM.
- Business Centre - Offers phone, fax and Internet access. Location: Airside
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Children's Play Area - Staffed play areas are available in the Departures area of the airport.
- Currency Exchange - UAE Exchange, Al Ghurair, Salim Exchange, and Travelex offer exchange services in the airport, with exchange kiosks located throughout the departures and transit areas. Salim Exchange also offers service in the Arrivals area.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Dufry duty-free shop is located airside, available to departing and arriving travellers. Retail shops are available throughout the airport.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, we were unable to confirm if there are any 24-hour dining options. Food options include: Chinese House Restaurant • Chocolix • Costa Coffee • Dunkin’ Donuts • Fusion Bites • Grab ‘N Go • Krispy Kreme • London Dairy • McDonald’s • Mumbai Spices • Subway • World News Cafe.
- Luggage Trolleys - Carts are available free of charge.
- Medical Services - Urgent and emergency medical care is available landside, 24 hours a day, in the Main Dome.
- Mosque - Separate facilities are available for both men and women. Locations: Main Passenger Terminal transit area • Departures Area (ground floor) • East and West cargo terminals 3 & 4.
- Showers - Showers are available in the lounge. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
- Smoking Rooms - Designated smoking rooms are clearly-marked and located conveniently throughout the airport terminal.
- Telephones - Free local calls (within Sharjah) can be made from most public phones in the airport. Phones also accept cash or credit card for UAE and international calls.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Information not available.
Terminal Quick Tips
- be prepared to participate in the airport's "Iris recognition" program
- sleeping in the prayer room is not permitted
Last Updated: 27 November 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.