Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Sharjah Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
Its the most PATHETIC airport I have ever seen in my life. Airports in India are much better. – Ted
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Sharjah International Airport.
What to Expect
- A small, but busy single-terminal international airport.
- The food court offers a mixed bag of choices, with some really wonderful restaurants and some inferior options. Mumbai Spices, Costa Coffee and Krispy Kreme were highly recommended by a reviewer.
- According to one reviewer, the restrooms are smelly and filthy. Bring hand sanitizer!
- Six-plug power strips can be found between groups of seats.
- At the time of this update, the seating in the airport is all hard plastic chairs.
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
- Reviewers have mentioned a lack of good quality sleeping spots and places to sit for that matter. Many airport visitors appear to lay on the floor where they can find a spot.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there is a transit hotel and other hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- If you need drinking water, the vending machines sell water at about half the price of water sold at the food court.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter this lounge at Sharjah airport through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
If sleeping in Sharjah Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Airport Transit Hotel – Located within the airport, this hotel has 16 rooms, some private and some for sharing. The hotel has 24-hour room service, doctor on-call, and laundry service. Each room has a minibar, safety deposit box, hair dryer, and satellite TV. Rates start at AED 500 for day use (up to 12 hours) and AED 720 for overnight stay, and include breakfast. Day use room without meal is AED 280 (up to 6 hours). Sharing rates start at AED 100 per person.
- Centro Sharjah – Located adjacent to the airport. Shuttle bus available for a fee. » Check Rates
- Sharjah International Airport Hotel – Located opposite the international terminal. No airport shuttle, but the hotel is within walking distance if you choose to walk. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Sharjah Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at the Sharjah Airport.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Machines are operated by 8 different banks. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: Landside and Airside.
Baby Care Facilities – Nursing rooms can be found throughout the airport.
Banking Services – Emirates NBD has a branch on the 1st floor of the Main Dome. Hours: 9:00AM – 9:00PM.
Business Centre – Offers phone, fax and Internet access. Location: Airside
Children’s Play Area – When you want to ensure your kids burn off all their energy before their flight, take them to the children’s play area. Located Airside, this a supervised playing area, meaning you could go shop or have a bite to eat while your kids play.
Currency Exchange – UAE Exchange, Al Ghurair, Salim Exchange, and Travelex offer exchange services in the airport, with exchange kiosks located throughout the departures and transit areas. Salim Exchange also offers service in the Arrivals area.
Duty Free & Shopping – Dufry duty-free shop is located airside, available to departing and arriving travellers. Retail shops are available throughout the airport.
Food & Drinks – All restaurants are open 24-hours. Some of the food options include: Cafe Med • Chinese House Restaurant • Chocolix • Costa Coffee • Dunkin’ Donuts • Krispy Kreme • London Dairy • McDonald’s • Mumbai Spices • On the Wood • Subway • Urrzza • World News Cafe.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Luggage Trolleys – Carts are available free of charge.
Medical Services – Urgent and emergency medical care is available landside, 24 hours a day, in the Main Dome.
Mobile Charging – At the time of this update, we did not have any information about mobile charging availability. If you know, click here to update this airport guide.
Pharmacy – Several pharmacies and Pharmashop vending machines can be found throughout the airport.
Prayer Rooms and Mosque – Prayer rooms are available with separate facilities for both men and women. Locations: Main Passenger Terminal transit area • Departures Area (ground floor). Mosques are also available at the airport. Locations: East and West cargo terminals 3 & 4.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Showers are available in the lounge. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
Smoking Rooms – Designated smoking rooms are clearly-marked and located conveniently throughout the airport terminal.
Telephones – Free local calls (within Sharjah) can be made from most public phones in the airport. Phones also accept cash or credit card for UAE and international calls.
Travel Agencies – If you are arriving in Sharjah and need local arrangements or help planning a really last minute trip abroad, there is a SATA Travel Agency (Main Terminal) that can probably be of assistance.
The airport is open 24 hours.
As of February 2019, Sharjah airport is served by the following airlines: Air Arabia • Airblue • Air India • Cham Wings • EgyptAir • IndiGo • PIA • Pegasus Airlines • SCAT Airlines • Syrian Airlines • Turkish Airlines • Uzbekistan Airways.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Muwasalat offers coach bus connections to Sharjah (3 different routes). Buses depart approximately every 15 minutes. At the time of this February 2019 update, a one way adult ticket costs 8 AED. For fares, routes and schedules, visit the Muwasalat website.
Air Arabia offers its passengers comfortable coach bus service. Check with the airline.
The following companies have an office in Sharjah airport: Arizoona Group • Auto Lease • Avis • Budget • Dollar • Europcar • Fast UAE • Hertz • Maximum Rent a Car • Sayara • Sixt • Thrifty.
Last updated: 2019-02-15
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.