Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Sharjah Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
Its the most PATHETIC airport I have ever seen in my life. Airports in India are much better. – Ted
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Sharjah International Airport.
What to Expect
- A small, but busy single-terminal international airport.
- The food court offers a mixed bag of choices, with some really wonderful restaurants and some inferior options. Mumbai Spices, Costa Coffee and Krispy Kreme were highly recommended by a reviewer.
- According to one reviewer, the restrooms are smelly and filthy. Bring hand sanitizer!
- Six-plug power strips can be found between groups of seats.
- At the time of this update, the seating in the airport is all hard plastic chairs.
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
- As of May 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there is a transit hotel and other hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- If you need drinking water, the vending machines sell water at about half the price of water sold at the food court.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter this lounge at Sharjah airport through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
If sleeping in Sharjah Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Airport Transit Hotel – Located within the airport, this hotel has 16 rooms, some private and some for sharing. The hotel has 24-hour room service, doctor on-call, and laundry service. Each room has a minibar, safety deposit box, hair dryer, and satellite TV. Rates start at AED 500 for day use (up to 12 hours) and AED 720 for overnight stay, and include breakfast. Day use room without meal is AED 280 (up to 6 hours). Sharing rates start at AED 100 per person.
- Centro Sharjah – Located adjacent to the airport. Shuttle bus available for a fee. » Check Rates
- Sharjah International Airport Hotel – Located opposite the international terminal. No airport shuttle, but the hotel is within walking distance if you choose to walk. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Sharjah Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
WiFi is available in the First and Business Class Lounge. Email and internet services are available in the general area of the airport, but as of this update we were unable to confirm details or fees. If you know, please write a review or email us at [email protected]
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: unknown.
Banking Services – Emirates NBD has a branch on the 1st floor of the Main Dome. Hours: 9:00AM – 9:00PM.
Business Centre – Offers phone, fax and Internet access. Location: Airside
Children’s Play Area – Staffed play areas are available in the Departures area of the airport.
Currency Exchange – UAE Exchange, Al Ghurair, Salim Exchange, and Travelex offer exchange services in the airport, with exchange kiosks located throughout the departures and transit areas. Salim Exchange also offers service in the Arrivals area.
Duty Free & Shopping – Dufry duty-free shop is located airside, available to departing and arriving travellers. Retail shops are available throughout the airport.
Food & Drinks – Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, we were unable to confirm if there are any 24-hour dining options. Food options include: Cafe Med • Chinese House Restaurant • Chocolix • Costa Coffee • Dunkin’ Donuts • Fusion Bites • Grab ‘N Go • Krispy Kreme • London Dairy • McDonald’s • Mumbai Spices • On the Wood • Subway • Urrzza • World News Cafe.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Luggage Trolleys – Carts are available free of charge.
Medical Services – Urgent and emergency medical care is available landside, 24 hours a day, in the Main Dome.
Mobile Charging – At the time of this update, we did not have any information about mobile charging availability. If you know, write a review or email us at [email protected]
Prayer Rooms and Mosque – Prayer rooms are available with separate facilities for both men and women. Locations: Main Passenger Terminal transit area • Departures Area (ground floor). Mosques are also available at the airport. Locations: East and West cargo terminals 1, 2, 3 & 4.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Showers are available in the lounge. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
Smoking Rooms – Designated smoking rooms are clearly-marked and located conveniently throughout the airport terminal.
Telephones – Free local calls (within Sharjah) can be made from most public phones in the airport. Phones also accept cash or credit card for UAE and international calls.
The airport is open 24 hours.
As of February 2018, Sharjah airport is served by the following airlines: Air Arabia • Etihad Airways • Saudi Airlines • IndiGo • Airblue • Air India • Air Egypt • Jet Airway • Shaheen Air • PIA • Syrian Air • Singapore Airlines • Lufthansa • Uzbekistan Airways • Southern Air.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Muwasalat offers coach bus connections to Sharjah. Buses depart approximately every 15 minutes. For fares, routes and schedules, visit the Muwasalat website.
Air Arabia offers its passengers comfortable coach bus service. Check with the airline.
The following companies have an office in Sharjah airport: Avis • Auto Lease • Budget • Dollar • Europcar • Fast UAE • Hertz • Maximum Rent a Car Sayara • Sixt • Thrifty.
Last updated: 2018-10-23
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected] and we will update this guide.