Monterrey Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Monterrey Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I didn't have to spend the night, but from what I could tell, it wouldn't be that bad, at least as far as airports go. - Robert
photo credit: Vmzp85 / Wikimedia
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Monterrey International Airport.
What to Expect
- A large, newly renovated international airport with three passenger terminals (Terminals A, B and C)
- Reviewers describe the airport as clean and safe
Where to Sleep
- As of June 2016, we have no reviews from travellers who have slept at this airport
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport that provide free airport shuttles. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to use one of the first class lounges. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Monterrey Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Monterrey airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- OMA Premium Lounge - Location: Terminal A, Airside, near Gate 12. Hours: 5:30AM - 9:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Book Online (US$ 39.00 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
- Aeromexico Salon Premier - Location: Terminal B, Airside, 2nd Floor, in front of Gate B10. Hours: 5:30AM - 9:00PM. Lounge Access: Aeromexico Salon Premier Membership
WiFi is available at Monterrey Airport inside the lounges. [ see Airport Lounges above ] At the time of this update, we did not have any information about WiFi availability elsewhere in the terminal.
If sleeping in Monterrey Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- City Express Monterrey Aeropuerto - (3 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available.
- Crowne Plaza Monterrey Aeropuerto - (3 min from the airport) Free scheduled airport shuttle service runs every 30 minutes (advanced reservation recommended).
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Monterrey Aeropuerto - (4 min from the airport) Free shuttle service to the airport and surrounding area (subject to availability).
- Ibis Monterrey Aeropuerto Hotel - (4 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Monterrey Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - There are several machines located on the Lower Level and one machine located on the Upper Level near the gates. Branches include Banamex • Bancomer • Banorte • HSBC • Santander Serfin
- Car Rentals - Avis • Alamo • Dollar • Europcar (open 24 hours) • Greenmotion • Hertz • Payless • Sixt • Thrifty. Location: Lower Level, Baggage Claim.
- Currency Exchange - Yes
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty-free shopping is available.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate on varying schedules, with most opening as early as 5:00AM. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options.
- Information Desk - not available
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Showers - not available
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will update this airport guide.
Airport Transportation: Inter-terminal transportation
Mini-buses run between Terminals A and C. Service Schedule: 8:00AM - 6:00PM.
Information not available.
Last Updated: 17 June 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.