Quebec City Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Quebec City Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of an hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
This airport is brand new and its much better than the old one. Very clean and Free WiFi.
- Pat B
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what travellers have reported to us during their time at Quebec City Airport.
What to Expect
- Jean Lesage International Airport was recently renovated; it has two floors and is serviced by over ten airlines.
- This airport is open 24 hours, and while travelers can’t sleep at the gate overnight they are permitted to sleep landside.
- Vending machines and a 24 hour Tim Horton’s are available for around the clock food, there are also full service restaurants available which close after the last departure.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- It is not possible to sleep airside. You must pass through security and stay in the public area of the terminal until the next morning.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are a few hotels near the airport.See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class travelers can pay to enter the lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Quebec City Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- VIP Lounge - Location: Airside, 2nd Floor, adjacent to Gate 29. Hours: 4:00AM - 9:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (CA$ 37.50)
Free WiFi is available at Quebec City Airport.
If sleeping at the Quebec City Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel Quebec Inn - (8 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle service available ($).
- Howard Johnson Quebec City - (8 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available Monday through Friday from 8:00AM to 5:00PM.
- Econo Lodge Airport - (8 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle service available ($).
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Quebec City Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Scotiabank ATMs are available on the ground floor in both International and Domestic Arrival areas, and both airside and landside (near Tim Horton’s) on the 2nd floor.
- Business Zone - 14 quiet work stations with high-speed Internet access. Location: Airside. Rate: Free.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Child Care Room - A nursing room available next to the Children’s Play Area.
- Children's Play Area - Location: airside
- Comfort Zone - An area away from high traffic areas with comfortable seating. Location: Airside
- Currency Exchange - Location: ICE, International arrivals, landside • Airside, 2nd floor
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. Vending machines are also available. These options are open 24 hours: Tim Horton’s (2nd floor, landside).
- Information Desk - The Information Booth, located near the main entrance, close to the check-in counters, is open 24 hours. They will do everything from store your bags to lend you snow brushes, scrapers and jumper cables to get your car going after a snowfall. Nice!
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - A secured coat check and baggage room is available 24 hours at the airport. Report to the Information Booth near airport check-in for service. Rates: $2.25 per day for coats or boots, $2.25 - $10.75 for baggage room storage, $5 - $12 for secure bag storage. Debit cards, credit cards and CAD accepted.
- Observation Area - Landside: Airside, Second floor, in the Tim Hortons dining room.
- Showers - not available
- Smoking - Prohibited inside the terminal, there are designated smoking booths located outside.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Airport Sleeper Policy
Airport Sleepers are permitted to sleep landside. It is not possible to sleep at the gates overnight.
RTC bus route 78 runs between the airport and Les Saules bus terminal on weekdays only. For further information, contact Réseau du Transport de la Capitale (RTC).
The following car rental agencies are available onsite: Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz and National/Alamo. Location: main floor, Administration Building.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Econo Lodge Airport • Howard Johnson Quebec City • Hotel Quebec Inn • Hotel Must.
Metered taxis are readily available in the ground transportation area of the airport. At the time of this update, the following flat rates are available: $34.25 for rides to/from downtown Quebec City and $15.00 for rides to/from the outskirts of the airport (Sainte-Foy area)
Last Updated: 24 June 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.