Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Quebec City Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
This airport is brand new and its much better than the old one. Very clean and Free WiFi. – Pat B
YQB Airport Overview
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down about what to expect during your time at Quebec City Jean Lesage International Airport.
What to expect
Quebec City Airport (code: YQB) consists of a small, recently renovated terminal with 16 gates, and a half dozen eateries and shops, including duty free. WiFi is available to help pass the time and there are plenty of outlets for charging mobile devices. Additional comfort can be found through fee-based access to the airport’s first-class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the guide below.
Where to Sleep
After security checkpoints close for the night, all passengers are restricted to the landside areas, and must re-clear security the next day when the checkpoints open. Travellers report that there are some armrest-free benches in the pre-security departure area, but warn that sleep becomes problematic with the early AM opening of the security checkpoints. The nearby arrivals area is quieter and darker, but all seating here reportedly comes with armrests. For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the guide below or read some traveller airport reviews for more tips.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If sleeping at the Quebec City Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel Quebec Inn (8 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle is available ($). » Check Rates
- Howard Johnson Quebec City (8 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle is available Monday through Friday from 8:30AM to 4:30PM (Mond – Fri) and 8:30AM to 4:30PM (weekends). » Check Rates
- Econo Lodge Airport (8 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Quebec City Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there is a lounge that you can enter by paying at the door or through a lounge membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
VIP Lounge – Location: Airside, 2nd Floor, adjacent to Gate 29. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Lounge membership programs.
Airport WiFi / Internet
Free WiFi is available at Quebec City Airport. Connect to the “YQB Gratuit-Free” network.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
- Work Stations – Set up your own office space at one of the 14 work stations available for passengers. Free to use, the desks come equipped with power outlets. Location: Airside.
- WiFi – see “Airport WiFi/Internet” above.
- Baby Care Facilities – Feed and change your baby in comfort and privacy in the nursing room. Microwave, changing table, sink, and comfortable chair are available. Location: Next to the Children’s play area, near the security checkpoint.
- Children’s Play Area – When you want to ensure your kids burn off all their energy before their flight, take them to the children’s play area. Location: Airside, between Gates 29 and 30.
Food & Drinks
- Food & Drinks – Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. Vending machines are also available. These options are open 24 hours: Tim Horton’s (2nd floor, landside).
- Information Desk – The Information Booth, located near the main entrance, close to the check-in counters, is open 24 hours. They will do everything from store your bags to lend you snow brushes, scrapers and jumper cables to get your car going after a snowfall. Nice!
- Luggage Storage & Lockers – Baggage storage is not available; however, you can store small items such as coats, shoes/boots, keys. Inquire at the Information Booth near the airport check-in for service. Rates: $2.40 per day or $14.60 per week/item. Debit cards, credit cards and CAD$ accepted.
- Luggage Wrapping – Available for a fee of $5.65 – $12.80 per piece of luggage, depending on the size. Bags for unusual shaped items (backpacks, strollers, etc.) are also available for $4.00. Location: Near the check-in counter • International Arrivals.
- Mobile Charging – Several mobile charging points are located throughout the airport.
- ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs, operated by Scotiabank, are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: on the ground floor in Domestic Arrival areas • Landside, 2nd Floor (near Tim Horton’s) • Airside, 2nd floor.
- Currency Exchange – Location: ICE, International arrivals, landside • Airside, 2nd floor, near Gate 33.
Rest & Relaxation
- Hotels – see “Airport Hotels” above.
- Lounges – see “Airport Lounges” above.
- Massage Chairs – Enjoy a chair massage while waiting for your flight to depart. Location: Airside, near Gate 29. Hours: 24 hours: Rates: unknown.
- Rest Zones – The airport offers a “Comfort Zone”, an area away from high traffic areas with comfortable seating. Location: Airside.
Take precaution even when sleeping in the rest zones. In December 2019, a traveller at another airport reported that money and credit cards had been stolen from their bag even though the bag was right beside them. Protect and lock your bags as you would sleeping elsewhere in public.
- Duty Free & Shopping – Duty Free shopping is available at the Loop Duty Free (Airside near Gate 33. Hours: Opens 3 hours before the 1st international flights.
Showers, Salon & Spa
- Showers – Not available.
- Smoking – Prohibited inside the terminal, there are designated smoking booths located outside.
Things to do & see
- Observation Area – Relax and watch planes taking off and landing from the vantage point of the airport’s observation area. Location: Airside, Second floor, in the Tim Hortons dining room.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Quebec City airport is served by the following airlines: Air Canada • Air Inuit • Air Transat • American Airlines • Delta • Pascan • Porter • PAL Airlines • Sunwing • United Airlines • Westjet.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
RTC bus route 76 runs between the airport and Les Saules bus terminal on weekdays only. Additionally, bus route 76 connects the airport to the Sainte-Foy area and bus terminal where travellers can transfer onto bus routes that go to the city center. Route 76 operates from 5:00AM – 11:00PM, and stops at the airport every 30 minutes. At the time of this update, a one-way ticket costs $3.50 CDN (exact change only) or $8.60 CDN for a full day pass. For more information, visit the RTC website.
The following car rental agencies are available onsite: Avis • Budget • Enterprise • Hertz • National/Alamo. Location: main floor, Administration Building.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Econo Lodge Airport • Howard Johnson Quebec City • Hotel Quebec Inn • Hotel Must.
See Airport Hotels above.
Metered taxis are readily available in the ground transportation area. At the time of this update, the following flat rates are available: $35.10 for rides to/from downtown Quebec City and $15.40 for rides to/from the outskirts of the airport (Sainte-Foy area).
Last updated: 2020-01-26
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.