St. John's Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our St. John's Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at St Johns International Airport.
What to Expect
- A small, modern single terminal international airport
- After airport restaurants and shops close for the night, vending machines are the only in-airport snack option. Plan ahead and purchase your food and drinks before the concessions close.
- The airport provides free WiFi. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- We have no reviews from travellers who have slept at this airport.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport that provide free airport shuttles. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our St. John's Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
- Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge - Location: Airside.Lounge Access: Maple Leaf Club Membership • Air Canada ticket holders can purchase a pass at the time of booking or online check-in.
Free WiFi is available at St. John's Airport.
If sleeping at the St. John's Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Comfort Inn - (3 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available.
- Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton St. John’s Airport - (6 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available.
- Super 8 St. John's - (4 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near St. John's Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Two CIBC ATM locations: 1st floor, landside, in the Atrium (between the elevator and the Relay store) ▪ Departures lounge, airside, opposite Tim Horton’s.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Children's Play Areas - Two locations: Departures lounge, airside, between Gates 2 and 3 ▪ 1st floor, landside, outside of the food court.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Relay Duty-Free & Heritage Shop located airside in the Departures Lounge. Relay also has a gift shop landside in the Main terminal. Hours: The duty-free shop is open 5:30AM - 6:30PM (Mon-Fri) and 10:00AM - 5:30PM (Sat,Sun).
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. These options are open 24 hours: Tim Horton’s (1st floor, landside, food court).
- Information Desk - There is a Visitor Information Centre (VIC) in the Arrivals area.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Mobile Charging - Free mobile charging stations can be found airside in the Departures lounge by Gates 1-2 and Gates 4-8.
- Quiet Room - A peaceful room for prayer or meditation. Chaplaincy services, such as grief counseling or stress management, are available upon request. Location: Landside, 3rd Floor.
- Showers - not available
The airport is open 24 hours.
The following car rental agencies are available onsite: Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz, National and Thrifty.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Comfort Inn Airport • Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton St. John's Airport.
City Wide Taxi is the official taxi service provider of St. John’s Airport, and has exclusive access to the airport’s taxi stand and pick up/drop off areas. Flat rates are available from the airport to area lodging. Metered rates apply to all other destinations, and to all trips heading to the airport.
Last Updated: 24 June 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.