Winnipeg Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Winnipeg Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
WE changed into kiddish pajamas in the bathrooms' wheelchair stalls (yes, two!!) then we strutted back to our bunkers for the night, enjoying all the attention our apparel was receiving.
- mackenzie and alex
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Winnipeg James Armstrong Richardson International Airport.
Where to Expect
- The Winnipeg airport has a main terminal, and another, much smaller terminal just for flights from Perimeter aviation, which is located in a separate building.
- Free WiFi is available See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
- There are a couple of 24 hour concession found landside.
Where to Sleep
- After security checkpoints close for the night, passengers are restricted to landside only. Passengers sleeping airside will be required to go back to landside until security reopens, and will need to clear security again to re-enter.
- Reviewers reported that there are comfier benches and sleeping options past security. However, you won’t be able to stay until morning if you’re airside, as staff routinely asks passengers to leave the area late at night.
- Sleeping landside, reviewers recommended the carpeted floor by the luggage carousels.
- Some reviewers warned of loud noises at night, so bring earplugs or noise cancelling headphones if you plan to sleep.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there is a hotel connected to the terminal and other nearby hotels that provide free airport shuttles. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to use one of the first class lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Winnipeg Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Winnipeg airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge - Location: Airside. Domestic/International departures. Lounge Access: Maple Leaf Club Membership.
- Plaza Premium Lounge - Location: Main Terminal, Airside, across from Gate 6. Hours: 4:00AM - 10:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (CA$ 40 - 2 hours / CA$ 50 - 3 hours • CA$ 70 - 6 hours) • Book Online (£22.00 - up to 3 hours or £40 - up to 6 hours - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
Free WiFi is available at Winnipeg Airport.
If sleeping in Winnipeg Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Four Points by Sheraton Winnipeg International Airport - Connected to the airport. Free airport shuttle service available. Day rooms are offered on walk-in basis only.
- Grand Winnipeg Airport Hotel - Located on airport grounds, across from the airport terminal.
- Courtyard Winnipeg Airport - (15 min walk or 3 min ride from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available on request. For airport pick-up, call 1-204-505-8600 or use the courtesy phone in the baggage claim area.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Winnipeg Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes, located throughout the terminal (landside and airside).
- Baby Care Facilities - Baby change tables are available at various locations throughout the airport.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Chapel - An inter-faith chapel is located on Departures Level 2, airside.
- Children's Play Area - Location: Arrivals Level (landside) and Departure Level, between Gates 8 and 9 (airside)
- Currency Exchange - ICE has three offices in the airport: 1 location landside and 2 locations airside (Domestic/International and Transborder). Hours: vary by location but the Landside location is open 9:00AM - 8:30PM Every day.
- Food & Drinks -There is a 24-hour Tim Hortons and Stella's Cafe located before security (landside). Other food options are available landside and airside, but they are not open 24 hours.
- Information Desk - Location: Arrivals Level, Door # 2, landside. Hours: 8:00AM - 9:45PM. You can also seek assistance 24 hours a day from one of the many Information phones located throughout the terminal. Look for the phones with a brown question-mark sign.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - There is a coat check for travellers who are going somewhere warm and don't want to take their coats with them. Location: Valet & Away, Arrivals, landside. Rate: $2 per day or 13.25 per week. Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Observation Lounge - Location: Landside, 3rd Floor
- Showers - not available
- Smoking - Smoking is not permitted in the terminal. There is a designated smoking area located outside near Arrivals (landside).
The airport is open 24 hours.
Winnipeg Transit bus routes 15 and 20 access the airport.
The following car rental agencies are available on the main level of the 4-level Parkade: Avis/Budget/Payless, Enterprise, Hertz and National/Alamo.
Several area hotels offer free airport shuttle service as a convenience for their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Best Western Plus Charter House Hotel Downtown Winnipeg • Best Western Plus Winnipeg Airport Hotel • Canad Inns Polo Park • Clarion Hotel Winnipeg • Comfort Inn Airport • Courtyard Winnipeg Airport • Fairfield Inn & Suites Winnipeg • Four Points by Sheraton Winnipeg International Airport • Hampton Inn by Hilton Winnipeg Airport/Polo Park • Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites • Holiday Inn Winnipeg - Airport West • MainStay Suites Winnipeg • Radisson Hotel Winnipeg Downtown • Sandman Hotel & Suites Winnipeg Airport • Victoria Inn • Viscount Gort Hotel Banquet and Conference Centre.
Metered Unicity taxis are available near Exit 3 of the airport terminal.
Terminal Quick Tips
- the 3rd floor observation deck has leather benches
Last Updated: 24 June 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.