Ayers Rock Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Ayers Rock Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of nearby airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
they close the shop and cafe when the last plane of the day has gone
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Ayers Rock Airport.
What to Expect
- A tiny single-terminal outpost with one runway. Uluru can be seen from the airport. Food and drink are available, but not much else.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Ayers Rock Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges in the airport.
WiFi is available at Ayers Rock Airport.
If sleeping in Ayers Rock Airport does not appeal to you, there are not a lot of hotel options to choose from. Yulara is a small town, so you might as well stay at your hotel. The closest hotels are:
- Outback Pioneer Hotel - (10 minutes from the airport) Free airport and resort shuttle service available.
- Desert Gardens Hotel - (10 minutes from the airport) Free airport and resort shuttle service available.
- Sails in the Desert - (10 minutes from the airport) Free airport and resort shuttle service available.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotel deals in Red Centre on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - There are no ATMs at this airport.
- Baby Care Facilities - Yes, baby changing facilities are available.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Food & Drinks - A small cafe is located airside.
- Shopping - Newspapers, magazines, and basic travel needs are available for purchase.
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to email@example.com and we will update this airport guide.
The following car rental companies have counters in the Baggage Claim: Hertz • Thrifty • Avis.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service to their guests either for a fee or as a courtesy. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Desert Gardens Hotel, Ayers Rock Resort • Longitude 131 • Outback Pioneer Hotel & Lodge, Ayers Rock Resort • Sails in the Desert Hotel, Ayers Rock Resort.
Taxis are not available.
Last Updated: 11 December 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.