Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Ayers Rock Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
they close the shop and cafe when the last plane of the day has gone – Mary
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Ayers Rock Airport.
What to Expect
- A tiny single-terminal outpost with one runway. Uluru can be seen from the airport. Food and drink are available, but not much else.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of October 2018, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges in the airport.
If sleeping in Ayers Rock Airport does not appeal to you, there are not a lot of hotel options to choose from. Yulara is a small town, so you might as well stay at your hotel. The closest hotels are:
- Outback Pioneer Hotel – (10 minutes from the airport) Free airport and resort shuttle is available. » Check Rates
- Desert Gardens Hotel – (10 minutes from the airport) Free airport and resort shuttle is available. » Check Rates
- Sails in the Desert – (10 minutes from the airport) Free airport and resort shuttle is available. » Check Rates
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotel deals in Red Centre on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
WiFi is available at Ayers Rock Airport.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – There are no ATMs at this airport.
Baby Care Facilities – Yes, baby changing facilities are available.
Food & Drinks – A small cafe is located airside.
Information Desk – Not available.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Shopping – Newspapers, magazines, and basic travel needs are available for purchase.
Showers – Not available.
The airport is open from 8:00AM until the last flight arrival.
As of October 2018, Ayers Rock airport is served by the following airlines: Qantas • Jetstar • Virgin Australia.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
The following car rental companies have counters in the Baggage Claim: Hertz • Thrifty • Avis.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service to their guests either for a fee or as a courtesy. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Desert Gardens Hotel, Ayers Rock Resort • Longitude 131 • Outback Pioneer Hotel & Lodge, Ayers Rock Resort • Sails in the Desert Hotel, Ayers Rock Resort.
Taxis are not available.
Last updated: 2018-10-23
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected] and we will update this guide.