Broome Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Broome Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Broome airport seems to have been designed by someone who only every visited there in the dry season. - python
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Broome Airport.
What to Expect
- The Broome airport is a single terminal. Parts of the terminal are located outside and exposed to the elements.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Since the airport closes down at night, sleeping here is not possible.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Showers can be found airside, in the Departures area.
- Economy class passengers flying on Qantas can find comfort in the lounge which is accessible with an airline membership. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Broome Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Qantas Club - Location: Airside, near Gate 1. Lounge Access: Qantas Club Membership.
If sleeping in Broome Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels within a 5 minute drive from airport:
- Broome’s Last Resort Backpackers - (10 min walk from the airport) Located 200m from the airport. No airport shuttle.
- Broome-Time Accommodation & Art Gallery - (3 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Mangrove Hotel - (3 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Mercure Broome - (3 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Broome Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Broome Airport.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Two locations: Departures, landside, Check-In area • Departures, airside, in Pandanas Gift Shop.
- Baby Care Facilities - Change tables can be found in the unisex toilet located outside the Arrivals Terminal and in the Departures and Arrivals Terminals.
- Baggage Trolleys - Available for use, free of charge.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Food & Drinks - Nakamura's Bar & Cafe is open to according to the day’s flight schedules. Location: Between the Departures and Arrivals terminals.
- Luggage Storage - Self-service luggage lockers are available at the following rates: AU $8 - $10 for up to 6 hours • AU $12 - $14 for 1 day • AU $63 - $83 for 7 days of storage. Rates depend on size of locker (medium or large). Storage for oversized or odd-shaped items not available. Location: In the 2-hour car park at the end of the Administration Building.
- Showers - Location: Airside, Departure Lounge washrooms.
- Shopping - Pandanas Gift Shop & Gallery offers Broome pearls, souvenirs, local artwork, and more.
- Smoking - Smoking is not permitted inside the terminal. You must smoke outside the terminals in designated areas and away from terminal doors.
The airport is open 1 hour before 1st flight of the day, and closes after last flight departure. Overnight stays are not permitted under any circumstance.
The following car rental agencies offer service onsite: Avis, Budget, Europcar, Hertz and Thrifty.
Taxis are available at the airport during airport hours of operation.
Last Updated: 02 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.