About This Airport:
- > Airport Guide
- > Airport Hotels
- > Airport Hours
- > Airport Lounges
- > Airport WiFi
- > Services, Facilities & Things to Do At The Airport
- > Read all Reviews
- > Vote in the 2014
Best & Worst Airports Survey
Melbourne Tullamarine Airport
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Melbourne Tullamarine Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
They make almost continuous "This is a very special announcement for guest XXXX ... " calls that come so frequently and with such appalling sound quality that nobody ever seems to heed them - python
photo credit: Bidgee / Wikimedia [ submit a photo ]
"My connecting flight was not till morning. I did not want to pay for a hotel which would cost me 26 round trip on the awful skybus to get to!
Domestic and International are connected and don't close at night. I walked around to scope out the best place to rest. A lot of people sleep on the ground up around the domestic check in. Astonishly some people sleep around the international check in which doesn't shut down and has loud frequent announcements and nothing but awful metal benches.
To get to the best place landside, go down the escalator just past the virgin domestic check-in. On the immediate left is a krispykreme with a long booth couch running down the wall. Easily accomodating 3 people. It is a bit noisy being next to the escalator with the wheels rolling across the metal grid, but announcements are quiet and muffled here. After flights finish it gets quieter at around 12am. Cleaners vacuum that area at 4am."
The last review for this airport was in 2013. Have you been there recently? Tell us about it!
It really warms my heart and makes me happy when I visit an airport's web site and it says on its facilities page "Whether you're planning a night at the Airport before your flight...." In other words, you are welcome to sleep in our airport. Thumb's Up Melbourne!!!
- United Club - Location: International Terminal 2, Airside, Satellite area, Level 1. Hours: 10am - 1215am. Rate: US$ 50 day pass
- Virgin Blue Lounge - Location: Terminal 3, landside
- WiFi is available at Melbourne Tullamarine Airport for a fee. Connect to the "MELBOURNE AIRPORT" network.
- Internet kiosks are also available at 4 locations. Locations: Airside, Terminal 2 (International) - First Floor, Departures. Airside, Terminal 3 (Domestic - Virgin Blue & Rex) - Ground Floor.
If sleeping in the Melbourne Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport....
- Park Royal Melbourne International Airport - connected to the domestic and international terminals via covered walkways. Day rooms are offered based on availability.
- Holiday Inn Melbourne Airport - 400m walk from the domestic and international terminals. Day rooms are offered between 10am-6pm.
- Ibis Budget - 400m from the airport.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Melbourne Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Information not available
- Car Rentals - Avis • Budget • Europcar • Hertz • Thrifty • Redspot. Location: Information Desks are located in the Domestic Terminal, while the offices are located in the Short-Term Car Park on the ground floor.
- Currency Exchange - ANZ and Travelex have locations throughout the airport (landside and airside).
- Food / Dining - There are several food and beverage concessions that are open 24 hours:
»Landside: Subway (Terminal 2) • McDonald's (Terminal 3, near Virgin check-in counters) • Villa & Hut (International Arrivals Terminal and Terminal 4)
»Airside: nothing open 24 hours
- Information Desk - There are two information desks: International Terminal, ground floor, Arrivals Hall • Domestic Terminal, ground floor, Arrivals Hall.
- Luggage Storage / Lockers - Location: Terminal 2 Arrivals. Hours: 5am - 1230am
- Melbourne Airport Golf Club - An 18-hole golf course where the feature hole is the 16th, a green that places players less than 60 metres below the flight path (which includes 747s). Location: 25 minutes from the airport and adjacent to the North/South runways. Rate: AUD $22-24
- Showers - Location: Terminal 2, Departure Level (Qantas Link), near Nando's, landside. Towels and shower kits can be purchased from Virgin Books & News.
open 24 hours
Terminal Quick Tips
- Go to the Virgin Blue Terminal (terminal 3)
- leather loungers
- shower in bathrooms downstairs near the baggage carousels (but hot water may not work)
- international terminal is open all night
Melbourne Travel Resources
- Melbourne Hotel Deals - compare rates, check availability and read reviews
Last Updated: 27 Nov 2012 | Sources: Melbourne Tullamarine Airport
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you du ring your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.