Perth Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Perth Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I guess this airport wasn't too bad, i'm just bitter because they kicked me out at 1am with no where to go. -ziggy
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Perth Airport.
What to Expect
- Perth Airport has 4 main passenger terminals. Terminal 1 is for international flights. A free shuttle bus transports passengers between the different terminals.
- Terminal 1 is open 24 hours. The other terminals close late at night (see more under Airport Hours).
- There are several 24 hour concession options, both landside and airside.
- Many reviewers have complained of very long, difficult lines for security. One even went as far to describe her day as “the most joyless, soulless, regimented experience” she had ever had at an airport.
- International Transit seems to be a trick. One traveller reported that when you follow the "International Transit" signs you end up outside of passport control and must go through security again.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Great sleeping spots are limited and many of the seats have armrests, but a few longer benches can be found scattered here and there, particularly airside in Terminal 1.
- The airport is reportedly noisy and chilly, so pack earplugs or noise cancelling headphones and warm clothes.
- Pro Tip: Check out Virgin Air’s section of the International terminal for a few long, comfy benches. (a guest traveller, March 2016)
- For an uniterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can find comfort in one of the lounges that are accessible with an airline membership. See Airport Lounges below for locations and rates.
- Free showers can be found in Terminals 1 and 3.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Perth Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Virgin Australia Lounge - Location: Terminal 2, Airside. Pass through security on the ground floor, turn left and follow signage to lounge entry. Lounge Access: Virgin Australia Membership.
- Virgin Australia Lounge - Location: Terminal 3, Airside, Immediately through security on the ground floor. Lounge Access: Virgin Australia Membership.
- Qantas Club - Location: Terminal 4, Airside, Domestic Departures, access via escalator on Departure Level. Lounge Access: Qantas Club Membership.
- Qantas Club - Location: Terminal 4, Airside, International Departures, Departures Level, Gate 2. Lounge Access: Qantas Club Membership.
Free WiFi is available at Perth Airport. Select the “Perth Airport Free WiFi” network, and register for access.
If sleeping in Perth Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Ibis Budget Perth Airport - (3 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Best Western Plus Ascot Serviced Apartments - (5 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Comfort Hostel - (5 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Perth Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - ATMs are located throughout the landside and airside areas of all the terminals. Travelex foreign currency ATMs are also available in the airport.
- Baby Care Facilities - Feed and care for your baby in comfort and privacy in the airport’s Parenting Rooms. Changing tables, diaper disposal bins, high chairs, and additional amenities are available. Parenting Rooms are available landside and airside in all terminals. Loaner strollers are available for use, upon request, while you are in the airport.
- Business Services - Printing, faxing, and copying services are available for $3 per page. Location: Baggage Services by SmarteCarte kiosk in T1 International, landside, Check-In Area, Ground Floor.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Children's Play Areas - There’s a soft, colorful play area for the little ones, and video gaming gives your big kids something to do. Conveniently located near seating and dining options so you can relax while you watch your children play. Location: T1 International, airside.
- Currency Exchange - Travelex kiosks can be found in T1 International, in these five locations: Departures, landside, Level 1 • Departures, airside, Level 2 • Arrivals, airside, Level 2 • Arrivals, landside, Ground Floor, Baggage Reclaim Area • Arrivals, landside, Ground Floor, Public Arrivals Hall. Six Travelex foreign currency ATMs are also available in T1 International, T1 Domestic, and T3 Domestic. Each ATM dispenses up to 4 different currencies.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty-free shopping is available in T1 International Terminal, on Departure Levels 1 and 2, and on Arrivals Level 1 (airside only). In addition, a small variety of gift shops, retail stores, and newsstands are available throughout the airport.
- Family Services - Parenting rooms are available in each terminal. The rooms are equipped with baby changing tables and nappy disposal bins.
- Food & Drinks - Vending Machines can be found in the International Terminal 1 (Location: Ground Floor and 3rd Floor), Domestic Terminal 1 (Location: both floors) and Domestic Terminal 3 and 4 (Location: both floors). The food concessions listed below are open 24 hours.
- Terminal 1 - International Terminal: Maccinetta (Level 1, landside) • Local Food Store (Level 1, landside) •Snag Bar (Level 1, landside) • Eagle Boys Pizza (Level 2, Airside) • Mattress Blue Bar (Ground floor, Arrivals) • Take Me With You (Level 2, Airside) • Velluto Espresso Bar (Level 2, Airside) • Newslink (Level 1, Landside and Level 2, Airside).
- Information Desk - here are no information desks, so if you have general questions about the airport or need urgent assistance, seek the help of a friendly Gold Coat Volunteer. Gold Coat Volunteers roam the airport, and are easy to spot by their bright gold jackets. Maps, hotel information, and sightseeing brochures are available at the self-service tourism information kiosk. Location: T1 International, landside, Arrivals Hall, Ground Floor.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Self-service luggage lockers are available for storage periods of up to six weeks at the following rates: $10 for a small locker (up to 24 hours) $12 for a medium locker (up to 24 hours) $14 for a large locker (up to 24 hours). Locations: T1 International, at the Short Term Car Park near the Public Arrivals Hall • Along the pathway between T1 Domestic and T2 Domestic • Along the walkway between T3 Domestic and the Short Term Car Park • Along the walkway between T4 Domestic and the Short Term Car Park. Oversized and odd-shaped items can be stored at the Baggage Services by SmarteCarte kiosk in T1 International, landside, Check-In Area, Ground Floor.
- Luggage Trolleys - Trolleys are free to use from T1/International Baggage Reclaim and Short Term Car Park areas, or available for a $4 non-refundable fee from one of three locations: T1 Forecourt, T1/Domestic Baggage Reclaim • T3/T4 Forecourts • T3/T4 Baggage Reclaim Areas.
- Luggage Wrapping - Protect your luggage and its contents with shrink wrap. The cost is $11 per bag/item or $22 per oversized bag/item. Location: Baggage Services by SmarteCarte kiosk in T1 International, landside, Check-In Area, Ground Floor.
- Medical Services - First aid and urgent medical assistance is available in one of three First Aid Room locations: T1/International, landside, Level 1 • T2/Domestic, landside, ground floor Check-In Hall • T3/Domestic, landside, ground floor Baggage Reclaim Hall.
- Mobile Charging - Seats with built-in power outlets are readily available in departure lounges throughout T1. In addition, mobile charging stations are available in T2 and on Level 1 in T3.
- Observation Decks - Get a panoramic view of all the action on the tarmac 24 hours a day from the indoor Public Viewing Area, located in T1 International on Level 3. You can reach it from Departures Level 1, landside. An outdoor viewing area, located on Dunreath Drive, is also accessible to the public. Hours: 6:30AM - 7:00PM (Oct-Mar) 7:30AM - 5:30PM (Apr-Sept).
- Pharmacy - Amcal Express Location: T1/Domestic, airside, Level 1
- Quiet Room - A quiet room for prayer and meditation is available. Location: T1, landside, near the Arrivals Hall (ground floor).
- Showers - Location: Terminal 1 in the restrooms adjacent to the departures gate on the first floor and the second floor departures lounge. Domestic Terminal 3, near the car rental counters.
- Smoking Areas - Dedicated smoking areas are available.
- Water - Drinking fountains can be found in most Terminals.
Terminal 1 (International): open 24 hours
Terminal 3 (Domestic Terminal): 3:30AM - 1:00AM
Terminal 4 (Qantas Domestic Terminal): 4:00AM - 12:30AM (Monday - Thursday & Saturday) and 4:00AM - 2:30AM (Friday & Sunday)
Route 380 buses run between T1, T2 and Esplanade Busport, with limited stops and connections to other Transperth services. Departures in the direction of the airport are available every 30 - 60 minutes from 4:25AM - 11:25PM on weekdays and holiday (from 5:20AM - 1:20AM heading towards the city), and services start one hour later on weekends.
Bus 37 runs between T3, T4 and Kings Park via Esplanade Busport, Victoria Park Transfer Station and Belmont Forum shopping center in a 55-minute journey.
Bus 40 runs between T3, T4 and Esplanade Busport via Victoria Park Transfer Station and Great Eastern Highway in a 40-minute journey.
For route stops, timetables and fare information, visit the Transperth website.
Car rental desks are located on the ground floor of T1, T2, T3 and T4. The following agencies operates onsite: Avis, Budget, Europcar, Hertz, Redspot and Thrifty.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service to their guests either for a fee or as a courtesy. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Airport Apartments • Country Comfort Inter City Hotel.
The airport operates a free 24-hour shuttle service between the airport terminals. Departures are available on the hour, 20 minutes past the hour and 40 minutes past the hour from 6:00AM - 12:00AM. From 12:00AM - 6:00AM, shuttles depart from T1 and T2 every hour and 30 minutes past the hour, and departures from T3 and T4 are every hour and 15 minutes past the hour. A separate free 24-hour shuttle route runs exclusively to the long term car parks, departing every 10 minutes. All shuttles stop in the forecourt of T1, T3, T4 and at a new bus stop area near T2.
CONNECT Airport Shuttle offers service between the airport and five locations in central Perth: East Perth train station, WA Museum on Beaufort Street, Wellington Street (opposite YHA Backpackers Hostel), the Kings Perth Hotel and The Ambassador Hotel, Adelaide Terrace. The airport has a CONNECT shuttle stop within a short walk of T3 and T4, accessible from T1 and T2 via free airport terminals shuttle. At the time of this update, a one-way ticket is AU$15 per person, sold on board the shuttles.
Taxi ranks are located at T1, T2, T3, T4 and Valentine Road. An AU$2 surcharge is added to all fares for trips leaving from the airport, and some drivers request payment of the total fare up front. The following estimated one-way fares were current at the time of this update: Perth CBD AU$38.00; Armadale AU$60.00; Fremantle AU$58.00; Joondalup AU$78.00; Mandarah AU$155.00 and Scarborough AU$55.00.
Last Updated: 24 March 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.