About This Airport:
Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson Airport
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Atlanta Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
The weirdest part of the night was when a random airport employee came up and threw a blanket at me. It hit me hard enough that it woke me up with a start. - djphob
Airside Seating. Photo credit: Roger [ submit a photo ]
Did not make it onto a flight to Seattle while flying on stand-by so had to spend the night in the airport (too expensive for s hotel). After reading other posts about ATL, I headed straight to terminal E. VERY nice terminal with a lot of food choices as well as clean restrooms and gates. I found a gate near the end of the terminal (2/3) with most of the lights turned off and, in short, had a mostly quite night. I always carry earplugs, sweat pants, sweatshirt and stocking cap in my carry on, so I was not cold. They showed up to vacuum around 6:30 but I had been asleep since 11:30 so no problem. Had to sleep on floor, no armrest free benches could be found. Could not find free wifi. All in all, it was about as good as you can expect an overnight airport stay to be.
The last review for this airport was in 2013. Have you been there recently? Tell us about it!
If you have a boarding pass with the following airlines, you can pay US$40-50 for a day pass that will allow you to access their lounges.
- American Admiral's Club Lounge - Concourse T
- United Club - Location: Concourse D, Airside, across from Gate 11A. Hours: varies
- Delta Sky Club Lounge - Concourse A - in the center on the 2nd level
- Delta Sky Club Lounge - Concourse A - near Gate A17
- Delta Sky Club Lounge - Concourse B - near Gate B10
- Delta Sky Club Lounge - Concourse B - near Gate B25. Bailey's Hazelnut Tastings.
- Delta Sky Club Lounge - Concourse C - near Gate C37
- Delta Sky Club Lounge - Concourse D - near Gate D27
- Delta Sky Club Lounge - Concourse E - across from Gate E15. Shower facilities.
- Delta Sky Club Lounge - Concourse F - Mezzanine Level. Shower facilities and Ciroc Vodka Tastings.
- Delta Sky Club Lounge - Concourse T - near Gate T6
WiFi is available for a fee at the Atlanta airport. Service carriers are: Access Anyplace, Boingo, Opti-Fi, Sprint, T-Mobile & WiFiZone.
If sleeping at the Atlanta Airport does not appeal to you, there is a hotel at the airport and other nearby hotels with free airport shuttles:
- Marriott Gateway - connected to the terminal. Access on the ATL SkyTrain.
- Hilton Atlanta Airport (Shuttle Hours: every 15 minutes between the hours 530am - 11pm)
- Holiday Inn Express
Minute Suites: For passengers in transit and who would like a private room to nap, relax or work. Each suite has a daybed sofa, pillows, fresh blankets, sound masking system, HDTV, desk, phone, WiFi access. Location: Concourse B at Gate B15. Rates: US$ 30 for 1 hr and $7.50 for each 15-minute interval thereafter.
More Airport Services & Facilities
- Airport Art Program - The airport offers rotating exhibits of paintings, photographs and scultures in addition to the permanant art on display. For its music series, musicians perform concerts in the Atrium
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes, available throughout the landside and airside areas of the airport.
- Car Rentals - Advantage • Airport Rent A Car Atlanta • Alamo • Avis • Budget • Dollar • Enterprise • EZ Rent a Car • Hertz • iTravel • National • Payless • Thrifty. Location: Rental Car Center.
- Chapel: There is an interfaith chapel located in the Atrium, 3rd Floor, E Center. Hours: 24 hours
- Currency Exchange - Travelex offers foreign currency services at these locations: Atrium • E12 • E26
- Food / Dining - There are many food and beverage options at ATL. At the time of this guide update it was not know which (if any) are open 24 hours. Check out the airport's convenient "Shop, Dine and Explore" brochure.
- Information Desk - Information not available
- Luggage Storage / Lockers - not available
- Showers - not available
- Smoking - There are designated smoking areas in these locations: T3 • A Center (Upper Level) • T12 • B7 • B24 •
C17 • C28 • E8 • E16 • E29 • Heineken Bars & Grill (concourse A food court, upper level) • Sojourner Lounge (D5).
open 24 hours
If you have questions about this airport that are not answered here or in the airport reviews, post a question on our Facebook Page or email me and I will try to help (I can't make any promises though).
Last Updated: 29 June 2012 | Source Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you du ring your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.