Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson Airport
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Atlanta Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
The weirdest part of the night was when a random airport employee came up and threw a blanket at me. It hit me hard enough that it woke me up with a start. - djphob
Airside Seating. Photo credit: Roger
Did not make it onto a flight to Seattle while flying on stand-by so had to spend the night in the airport (too expensive for s hotel). After reading other posts about ATL, I headed straight to terminal E. VERY nice terminal with a lot of food choices as well as clean restrooms and gates. I found a gate near the end of the terminal (2/3) with most of the lights turned off and, in short, had a mostly quite night. I always carry earplugs, sweat pants, sweatshirt and stocking cap in my carry on, so I was not cold. They showed up to vacuum around 6:30 but I had been asleep since 11:30 so no problem. Had to sleep on floor, no armrest free benches could be found. Could not find Free WiFi. All in all, it was about as good as you can expect an overnight airport stay to be.
Have you been to Atlanta Airport recently? Tell us about it!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
The Club at ATL - available to all travellers no matter what class of service or airline. Showers are available. Location: Airside, International Terminal, Concourse F. Hours: 6am - 930pm. Lounge Access: £25.00 per person (online).
If you have a boarding pass with the following airlines, you can pay US$40-50 for a day pass that will allow you to access their lounges.
- American Admiral's Club Lounge - Concourse T
- United Club - Location: Concourse D, Airside, across from Gate 11A. Hours: varies
- Delta Sky Club Lounge - Concourse A - in the center on the 2nd level
- Delta Sky Club Lounge - Concourse A - near Gate A17
- Delta Sky Club Lounge - Concourse B - near Gate B10
- Delta Sky Club Lounge - Concourse B - near Gate B25. Bailey's Hazelnut Tastings.
- Delta Sky Club Lounge - Concourse C - near Gate C37
- Delta Sky Club Lounge - Concourse D - near Gate D27
- Delta Sky Club Lounge - Concourse E - across from Gate E15. Shower facilities.
- Delta Sky Club Lounge - Concourse F - Mezzanine Level. Shower facilities and Ciroc Vodka Tastings.
- Delta Sky Club Lounge - Concourse T - near Gate T6
WiFi is available for a fee at the Atlanta airport. Service carriers are: Access Anyplace, Boingo, Opti-Fi, Sprint, T-Mobile & WiFiZone. According to news reports in January 2014, Free WiFi is coming soon.
If sleeping at the Atlanta Airport does not appeal to you, there is a hotel at the airport and other nearby hotels with free airport shuttles:
- Marriott Gateway - connected to the terminal. Access on the ATL SkyTrain.
- Hilton Atlanta Airport (Shuttle Hours: every 15 minutes between the hours 530am - 11pm)
- Holiday Inn Express
Minute Suites: For travellers in Atlanta Airport on a layover, Minute Suites offers 5 private rooms to nap, relax or work. Each suite has a daybed sofa, pillows, fresh blankets, sound masking system, HDTV, desk, phone, WiFi access. Location: Concourse B at Gate B15. Rates: US$ 34 for the first hour and then $8.50 for each 15 minute increment (first two hours) and $6 for each 15 minute increment (after two hours). The overnight rate is $125.
More Airport Services & Facilities
- Airport Art Program - The airport offers rotating exhibits of paintings, photographs and scultures in addition to the permanant art on display. For its music series, musicians perform concerts in the Atrium
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes, available throughout the landside and airside areas of the airport.
- Car Rentals - Advantage • Airport Rent A Car Atlanta • Alamo • Avis • Budget • Dollar • Enterprise • EZ Rent a Car • Hertz • iTravel • National • Payless • Thrifty. Location: Rental Car Center.
- Chapel: There is an interfaith chapel located in the Atrium, 3rd Floor, E Center. Hours: 24 hours
- Currency Exchange - Travelex offers foreign currency services at these locations: Atrium • E12 • E26
- Food / Dining - There are the 24-hour food and beverage options: Ihop (Location: Atrium SW) • Corner Bakery Cafe (Concourse T, Gate 12) •
- Information Desk - Information not available
- Luggage Storage / Lockers - not available
- Showers - available in the Club at ATL. (see lounges above)
- Smoking - There are designated smoking areas in these locations: T3 • A Center (Upper Level) • T12 • B7 • B24• C17 • C28 • E8 • E16 • E29 • Heineken Bars & Grill (concourse A food court, upper level) • Sojourner Lounge (D5).
open 24 hours
Facebook and Twitter Tips
ATL was cold, managed a makeshift bed in front of the 24h IHOP. no free internet 😞 cranky & sleepy but survived! @AirportSleeper— valeria (@val_mc87) January 10, 2014
If anyone has to sleep in Atlanta Airport, go to the F concourse where it's more comfortable to sleep! #snowpocalypse— Peanuts & Coke (@PeanutsNCoke) February 13, 2014
The SleepingInAirports community depends on travellers, like you, to share their airport experiences through airport reviews and survey responses. If you had a good or bad experience at Atlanta Airport, tell us about it!
- Complete the Airport Survey - Your responses to this short (and easy!) questionnaire will help us determine the Best and Worst Airports of 2014.
- Submit your Airport Review - Register to submit your airport review or simply email your annonymous review to me and I will add it to the database.
Thank you for helping the Community!
Last Updated: 28 January 2014
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you du ring your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.