Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Atlanta Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
The weirdest part of the night was when a random airport employee came up and threw a blanket at me. It hit me hard enough that it woke me up with a start. - djphob
by a traveller
July 2015 - Concourse F or the International Terminal, is a pretty decent place to find some space to lay down. I got into the airport late at night and walked over to Concourse F. There are plenty of chairs and couches to be able to sleep on and are located in and around the shops just as you enter from the escalators. All the benches, located at the gates, have arms. - The lights were all on in the concourse, so if lights bother you try to stay away. - There was also some slightly overpowering smooth jazz when you are at those chairs and couches too. However, you don't get the usual 'Airport Security Alert' PA system messages. Overall, if you need a more comfortable place to sleep and don't mind bringing an eye mask and possibly some earplugs. Concourse F remains one of the top places to sleep at in Atlanta.
Have you been to Atlanta Airport recently? Write a Review!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Atlanta airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- The Club at ATL - available to all travellers no matter what class of service or airline. Showers are available. Hours: 6:00AM - 9:30PM (Daily). Location: Airside, International Terminal, Concourse F. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$35) • Book Online (£22.00) • Priority Pass.
- American Admiral's Club - Concourse T. Lounge Access: Hours: 4:45AM - 8:00PM (Sun - Fri) • 4:45AM - 7:00PM (Sun). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 50.00) • Admiral's Club Membership.
- Delta Sky Club - Concourse A - in the center on the 2nd level. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$50.00) • Delta Sky Club Membership.
- Delta Sky Club - Concourse A - near Gate A17. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$50.00) • Delta Sky Club Membership.
- Delta Sky Club - Concourse B - near Gate B10. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$50.00) • Delta Sky Club Membership.
- Delta Sky Club - Concourse B - near Gate B25. Bailey's Hazelnut Tastings. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$50.00) • Delta Sky Club Membership.
- Delta Sky Club - Concourse C - near Gate C37. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$50.00) • Delta Sky Club Membership.
- Delta Sky Club - Concourse D - near Gate D27. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$50.00) • Delta Sky Club Membership.
- Delta Sky Club - Concourse E - across from Gate E15. Shower facilities. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$50.00) • Delta Sky Club Membership.
- Delta Sky Club - Concourse F - Mezzanine Level. Shower facilities and Ciroc Vodka Tastings. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$50.00) • Delta Sky Club Membership.
- Delta Sky Club - Concourse T - near Gate T6. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$50.00) • Delta Sky Club Membership.
USO Lounge - The USO offers a lounge to members of the military and their families. Amenities include: WiFi, TV lounge, snacks, and reading materials. Location: 3rd floor of the airport atrium. Hours: 7:00AM - 9:00PM (Monday - Friday) • 7:00AM - 6:00PM (Saturday) • 7:00AM - 8:00PM (Sunday).
Free WiFi is available at Atlanta Airport. Connect to the "ATL Free Wi-Fi" network.
If sleeping at the Atlanta Airport does not appeal to you, there is a hotel at the airport and other nearby hotels with free airport shuttles:
- Minute Suites: Located in Concourse B at Gate B16, Minute Suites provides five private suites for travellers needing to relax, work, or sleep during a layover or flight delay. Each suite has a daybed with fresh pillows and sheets, DIRECTv, WIFI, sound-masking system, and special “nap audio” program. Rates start at $38 for the first hour ($9.50 for each 15-min increment up to 2 hours), and overnight stay is $130 (maximum of 8 hours).
- Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway - (2 min from the airport) Connected to the terminal. Access via free ride on the ATL SkyTrain, which stops right in front of the hotel.
- Springhill Suites Atlanta Airport Gateway - (3 min from the airport) Access via free ride on the ATL SkyTrain.
- Renaissance Concourse Atlanta Airport - (6 min from the airport) Free scheduled airport shuttle service available.
- Hilton Atlanta Airport - (5 min from the airport) Free shuttle to the Domestic terminal building and light rail station. Airport pick-up available at the Ground Transportation area west curb, just immediately outside the Domestic Terminal between the North and South terminals. Hotel shuttles are located in the Purple Bus isle, Stalls 25 through 29. The shuttle departs every 15 to 20 minutes, from 5:00AM to 11:00PM and is on call after 11:00PM. Courtesy phones are available at the Domestic Terminal for after hours. Travellers requiring access to/from International Terminal, will need to take the terminal to terminal shuttle to the Domestic Terminal, as Hilton does not provide shuttle service to the International Terminal.
- Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport North - (7 min from the airport) Free 24-hr airport shuttle available.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Atlanta Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- Airport Art Program - The airport offers rotating exhibits of paintings, photographs and scultures in addition to the permanant art on display. For its music series, musicians perform concerts in the Atrium
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes, available throughout the landside and airside areas of the airport.
- Baby Care - The airport has opened nursing rooms for mothers to breatfeed in private. Private pods can be found on each concourse.
- Chapel: There is an interfaith chapel located in the Atrium, 3rd Floor, E Center. Hours: 24 hours
- Currency Exchange - Travelex offers foreign currency services at these locations: Atrium • E12 • E26
- Food & Drinks -
There are many 24-hour food and beverage options available including vending machines throughout the airport:
- Terminal A - Atlanta Bar and Grill • Gordon Biersch
- Terminal E - Blue Moon Brewhouse
- Terminal F - Lorena Garcia Tapas Atlanta
- Terminal T - Bogchi Express • Samuel Adams Brewery • Subway.
- Atrium - Ihop • La Madeleine Country French Cafe
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Showers - available in the Club at ATL. (see lounges above)
- Smoking - There are designated smoking areas in these locations: T3 • A Center (Upper Level) • T12 • B7 • B24• C17 • C28 • E8 • E16 • E29 • Heineken Bars & Grill (concourse A food court, upper level) • Sojourner Lounge (D5).
- Traveler's Aid - This is a non-profit organization that assists stranded and distressed passengers. Volunteers assist passengers with general airport and destination queries to assisting with situations such as landing at the wrong airport, transportation assistance, lost or stolen money, wiring money, emergency housing, etc. Location: Atrium, near the Clock Tower. Hours: 9:00AM - 5:00PM (Mon - Sat) • 10:00AM - 9:00PM (Sun).
The airport is open 24 hours.
Keep in mind that TSA, airline check-in and baggage drop hours vary according the flight schedule. Check these hours with your airline. If you are in the public area of the terminal (landside) you will not be able to get through to the secure area of the terminal (airside) until the morning.
ATL was cold, managed a makeshift bed in front of the 24h IHOP. no free internet 😞 cranky & sleepy but survived! @AirportSleeper— valeria (@val_mc87) January 10, 2014
If anyone has to sleep in Atlanta Airport, go to the F concourse where it's more comfortable to sleep! #snowpocalypse— Peanuts & Coke (@PeanutsNCoke) February 13, 2014
To travel from Atlanta airport to the Amtrak station, public transportation is available. Follow the signs to the airport’s Airport Station located at the South side of the domestic Terminals by baggage claim. From there, board Red Bus Northbound towards North Street Station. Exit at Arts Center Station. From there, transfer to the 110 Bus - Peachtree Street and exit at Peachtree Road NW @ Deering Road. You will have a short walk to the Amtrak Station, less than a tenth of a mile. From the bus, walk Southwest on Deering Road and the Amtrak Station will be on the left. Travel time by bus should be approximately 35 minutes.
Alternatively, you can use a taxi. Taxis can be located at in the Yellow Bus Aisle of each terminal. Drive time, depending on traffic, should be about 30 minutes.
MARTA bus 191 is currently the only local bus route serving the airport, making stops on the way to and from Clayton County Justice Center. Hours of service are from 5:00AM - 1:00AM on weekdays (service stops at 12:30AM on weekends and holidays). For schedules, bus stop locations and fares, go to the MARTA website.
Greyhound Flightlink offers an easy transfer between flight and regional bus service. Located on the lower level of the north end of the International Terminal, Greyhound Flightlink bus station is served by Greyhound buses traveling as far north as Richmond (Virginia) and as far south as Miami. Use the escalator down from the North Baggage Claim Area to reach the bus station. Contact Greyhound for more information on routes and fares.
Onsite car rental pickups and returns are handled at the Rental Car Center, a separate facility located on airport property. The Rental Car Center is just minutes away from the terminals via ATL SkyTrain, and also accessible via service road for those traveling to the location by vehicle. The following agencies serve the Rental Car Center: Advantage, Airport Rent A Car, Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, E-Z, Hertz, National, Payless, Sixt and Thrifty.
Many area hotels provide free airport shuttle service as a courtesy to their guests. These shuttles stop outside on the Purple Aisle at the Ground Transportation area west curb, located between the Domestic Terminal’s north and south sides. Passengers coming from the International Terminal can access the Ground Transportation area via free airport complex shuttle bus. Many hotels can be contacted by using the courtesy phones located in the baggage claim area and at the Ground Transportation area.
The following hotels offer airport shuttle service: Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Airport North (Shuttle Hours: 4:30AM - 11:00AM, every 30 minutes) • Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport (Shuttle Hours: 24 hours) • Hampton Inn Atlanta Airport • Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport North (Shuttles Hours: 4:05AM - unknown) • Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North (Shuttle Hours: 24 hours) • Holiday Inn Atlanta-Airport - South • Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta Airport North (Shuttle Hours: 4:30AM - unknown) • Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport - South • Renaissance Concourse Atlanta Airport Hotel • Sleep Inn Airport • Staybridge Suites Atlanta Airport.
The International Shuttle Connector provides direct service between the International Terminal and the Domestic Terminal’s Ground Transportation Center or the Rental Car Center. Total trip time to either destination is 15 minutes. This free service runs 24 hours a day.
Passengers can travel between the Domestic Terminal, GICC (Georgia International Convention Center) and the Rental Car Center using ATL SkyTrain automated train service. ATL SkyTrain is free to ride, and runs every 3 minutes 24 hours a day (every 10 minutes during off-peak hours). The SkyTrain station is located at the south end of the Domestic Terminal, next to Airport (MARTA) Station.
Shared Ride Shuttles
Several companies provide door-to-door shared ride service between the airport and local destinations within the Atlanta metropolitan area, or regional destinations within Georgia. Out-of-state service to Alabama and Tennessee is offered by Groome Transportation, while service to North Carolina and South Carolina can be booked through Airport Shuttle of Clemson. Most shared ride shuttles stop outside on the Green Bus Aisle at the Ground Transportation area west curb, located between the Domestic Terminal’s north and south sides. Local shuttles depart about every 15 minutes, while regional shuttles depart every 30 minutes or hourly. Contact your service provider of choice for rates and reservations.
Taxis are located in the Yellow Bus aisle. Taxis are metered, but offer a special flat rate for rides between the airport and the central business district. At the time of this update, the flat rate fare for a ride between the airport and Downtown is $30, $40 to/from Buckhead and $32 to/from Midtown. In addition, there is a flag drop fee of $1.50 and a $2 charge per additional rider.
Passengers can travel between the airport and the city using the MARTA rapid transit commuter rail system. MARTA rail is fast, easy and brings you right into the Domestic and International airport terminals. Airport Station, the terminus for both Red and Gold MARTA lines, is located at the end of the Domestic Terminal. Trains traveling on the Red or Gold lines travel between the airport, Downtown, Midtown and Buckhead, with transfers to the other MARTA rail lines available at Five Points station. Hours of operation are 5:00AM - 1:00AM on weekdays (open at 6:00AM on weekends). A one-way fare is just $2.50 per person. Single tickets or reloadable Breeze cards, good for travel on MARTA buses and trains, are sold in all MARTA stations. For schedules, routes and fare information, go to the MARTA website.
Last Updated: 29 May 2015
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.