Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson Airport
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Atlanta Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
The weirdest part of the night was when a random airport employee came up and threw a blanket at me. It hit me hard enough that it woke me up with a start. - djphob
Did not make it onto a flight to Seattle while flying on stand-by so had to spend the night in the airport (too expensive for s hotel). After reading other posts about ATL, I headed straight to terminal E. VERY nice terminal with a lot of food choices as well as clean restrooms and gates. I found a gate near the end of the terminal (2/3) with most of the lights turned off and, in short, had a mostly quite night. I always carry earplugs, sweat pants, sweatshirt and stocking cap in my carry on, so I was not cold. They showed up to vacuum around 6:30 but I had been asleep since 11:30 so no problem. Had to sleep on floor, no armrest free benches could be found. Could not find Free WiFi. All in all, it was about as good as you can expect an overnight airport stay to be.
Have you been to Atlanta Airport recently? Write a Review!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Atlanta airport either by purchasing a day pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- The Club at ATL - available to all travellers no matter what class of service or airline. Showers are available. Location: Airside, International Terminal, Concourse F. Hours: 6am - 930pm. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$35) • Book Online (£25.00) • Priority Pass.
- American Admiral's Club - Concourse T. Lounge Access: Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 50.00) • Admiral's Club Membership.
- Delta Sky Club - Concourse A - in the center on the 2nd level. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$50.00) • Delta Sky Club Membership.
- Delta Sky Club - Concourse A - near Gate A17. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$50.00) • Delta Sky Club Membership.
- Delta Sky Club - Concourse B - near Gate B10. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$50.00) • Delta Sky Club Membership.
- Delta Sky Club - Concourse B - near Gate B25. Bailey's Hazelnut Tastings. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$50.00) • Delta Sky Club Membership.
- Delta Sky Club - Concourse C - near Gate C37. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$50.00) • Delta Sky Club Membership.
- Delta Sky Club - Concourse D - near Gate D27. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$50.00) • Delta Sky Club Membership.
- Delta Sky Club - Concourse E - across from Gate E15. Shower facilities. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$50.00) • Delta Sky Club Membership.
- Delta Sky Club - Concourse F - Mezzanine Level. Shower facilities and Ciroc Vodka Tastings. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$50.00) • Delta Sky Club Membership.
- Delta Sky Club - Concourse T - near Gate T6. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$50.00) • Delta Sky Club Membership.
USO Lounge - The USO offers a lounge to members of the military and their families. Amenities include: WiFi, TV lounge, snacks, and reading materials. Location: unknown. Hours: unknown
Free WiFi is available at Atlanta Airport. Connect to the "ATL Free Wi-Fi" network.
If sleeping at the Atlanta Airport does not appeal to you, there is a hotel at the airport and other nearby hotels with free airport shuttles:
- Minute Suites: For travellers in Atlanta Airport on a layover, Minute Suites offers 5 private rooms to nap, relax or work. Each suite has a daybed sofa, pillows, fresh blankets, sound masking system, HDTV, desk, phone, WiFi access. Location: Concourse B at Gate B15. Rates: US$ 34 for the first hour and then $8.50 for each 15 minute increment (first two hours) and $6 for each 15 minute increment (after two hours). The overnight rate is $125.
- Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway - (2 min from the airport) Connected to the terminal. Access via free ride on the ATL SkyTrain, which stops right in front of the hotel.
- Springhill Suites Atlanta Airport Gateway - (3 min from the airport) Access via free ride on the ATL SkyTrain.
- Renaissance Concourse Atlanta Airport - (6 min from the airport) Free scheduled airport shuttle service available.
- Hilton Atlanta Airport - (5 min from the airport) Free shuttle to the Domestic terminal building and light rail station. Airport pick-up available at the Ground Transportation area west curb, just immediately outside the Domestic Terminal between the North and South terminals. Hotel shuttles are located in the Purple Bus isle, Stalls 25 through 29. The shuttle departs every 15 to 20 minutes, from 5am to 11pm and is on call after 11pm. Courtesy phones are available at the Domestic Terminal for after hours. Travellers requiring access to/from International Terminal, will need to take the terminal to terminal shuttle to the Domestic Terminal, as Hilton does not provide shuttle service to the International Terminal.
- Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport North - (7 min from the airport) Free 24-hr airport shuttle available
More Airport Services & Facilities
- Airport Art Program - The airport offers rotating exhibits of paintings, photographs and scultures in addition to the permanant art on display. For its music series, musicians perform concerts in the Atrium
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes, available throughout the landside and airside areas of the airport.
- Car Rentals - Advantage • Airport Rent A Car Atlanta • Alamo • Avis • Budget • Dollar • Enterprise • EZ Rent a Car • Hertz • iTravel • National • Payless • Thrifty. Location: Rental Car Center.
- Chapel: There is an interfaith chapel located in the Atrium, 3rd Floor, E Center. Hours: 24 hours
- Currency Exchange - Travelex offers foreign currency services at these locations: Atrium • E12 • E26
- Food & Drinks - There are the 24-hour food and beverage options: Ihop (Location: Atrium SW) • Corner Bakery Cafe (Concourse T, Gate 12) •
- Information Desk - Information not available
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Showers - available in the Club at ATL. (see lounges above)
- Smoking - There are designated smoking areas in these locations: T3 • A Center (Upper Level) • T12 • B7 • B24• C17 • C28 • E8 • E16 • E29 • Heineken Bars & Grill (concourse A food court, upper level) • Sojourner Lounge (D5).
The airport is open 24 hours.
ATL was cold, managed a makeshift bed in front of the 24h IHOP. no free internet 😞 cranky & sleepy but survived! @AirportSleeper— valeria (@val_mc87) January 10, 2014
If anyone has to sleep in Atlanta Airport, go to the F concourse where it's more comfortable to sleep! #snowpocalypse— Peanuts & Coke (@PeanutsNCoke) February 13, 2014
We Need Your Feedback!
The SleepingInAirports community depends on travellers, like you, to share their airport experiences through airport reviews and survey responses. If you had a good or bad experience at Atlanta Airport, tell us about it!
- Complete the 2015 Airport Survey - Your responses to this short (and easy!) questionnaire will help us determine the Best and Worst Airports of 2015.
- Write a Review - Please take a few minutes to write your airport review. Whether you provided a quick tip or a detailed review, you will be helping other travellers in a similar situation. Leave a guest review OR register for an account.
Thank you for helping the Community!
Last Updated: 28 January 2014
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.