Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some nearby hotels if you decide that you really can't handle it!
It's clean, modern, well- guarded, and always empty (Nobody goes there).
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on Avoca Airport.
What to Expect
- Avoca / Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Airport is the region’s only midsize airport. It has two levels and seven terminals.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- A review hasn’t been posted since 2000 so we don't have any current info for airport sleepers. If you’ve travelled here recently please submit a review!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there is a hotel near the airport that provides a free airport shuttle. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Avoca Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Pocono Club & Business Center - Access: The Pocono Club and Business Center is available to frequent flier members who travel (A) at least 25,000 miles per year from any one airline serving the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton International Airport, or (B) at least six (6) times within the past year from AVP. Membership is required. Hours: 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM Mondays thru Fridays, except Holidays.
If sleeping in Wilkes-Barre airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Holiday Inn Express - (½ mile from the airport) Free shuttle to the airport and the local area (within 2 mile radius).
Courtesy phones are located in the Baggage Claim Area.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Wilkes-Barre airport. Connect to "AVPHotspot". A pay per use computer kiosk is located in the Pocono Club and Business Center.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Location: 1st Floor, center of the terminal.
- Baggage Carts - Locations: Baggage Claim • Level 1, Ticketing • Parking Lot and Garage. Rate: fee is unknown.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Northeast PA News & Gift is the airport’s only shopping option. Location: 2nd Floor, next to Lucky’s Craft Food & Drink.
- Food & Drinks - There are two landside dining options at the airport: Lucky’s Craft Food & Drink (open daily at 5:00AM) • The Tipsy Turtle Airport Pub. Lucky’s has an airside location called Lucky’s Too, located on the 2nd floor between Gates 5 and 7. At the time of this update, 24-hour dining is not available.
- Games Room - Destinations Arcade offers a variety of coin-operated games. Location: 2nd Floor. Hours: 5:00AM - 11:30PM.
- Information Desk - Location: 1st floor, near the middle entrances.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Massage Chairs - Self-service massage chairs are available in two different locations on the 2nd Floor. Rates are $1 for 3 minutes, or $5 for 15 minutes.
- Prayer Area - The Meditation Room offers a quiet interfaith area for prayer and meditation. Various religious materials are available for use. Location: 2nd Floor, above the Information Center. Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Showers - not available
The airport is open 24 hours.
Keep in mind that TSA, airline check-in and baggage drop hours vary according the flight schedule. Check these hours with your airline. If you are in the public area of the terminal (landside) you will not be able to get through to the secure area of the terminal (airside) until the morning.
The following car rental agencies are located on the 1st floor in the Baggage Claim Area: Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz and National.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Best Western Genetti Hotel & Conference Center • Comfort Inn & Suites • Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilkes-Barre/Scranton • Hampton Inn & Suites Wilkes-Barre • Hilton Garden Inn Wilkes Barre • Holiday Inn Express Wilkes Barre East • Holiday Inn Wilkes Barre East Mountain • Host Inn All Suites Hotel • Nichols Village Hotel & Spa • Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center • Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel Scranton • Sleep Inn & Suites Scranton Dunmore • SpringHill Suites Scranton Wilkes-Barre • The Woodlands Inn • TownePlace Suites Scranton Wilkes-Barre
Taxis are available in the ground transportation area of the terminal on a 24-hour basis. All taxis are metered and reservations are not required.
Last Updated: 11 December 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.