About This Airport:
- > Airport Guide
- > Airport Hotels
- > Airport Hours
- > Airport Lounges
- > Airport WiFi
- > Services, Facilities & Things to Do At The Airport
- > Read all Reviews
- > Vote in the 2014
Best & Worst Airports Survey
Chicago O'Hare Airport
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Chicago O'Hare Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
My flight got canceled and I had to spend the night at the airport. That's how most O'Hare stories begin. - hozomeen
I am a young woman traveling on my own. I read all the reviews on sleepinginairports before deciding to intentionally forgo hotel arrangements and stay the night here. I was apprehensive at first because all the reviews seemed to be written by solo males but I took the advice of an earlier reviewer and am sleeping at terminal 1. Apart from the bright lights , this area is perfect for sleep because it is secluded with plenty of comfortable benches and very quiet. There are maintenance workers walking by every ten to twenty minutes so I don't feel overly concerned about being entirely alone, and as luck would have it, the only other two sleepers here are also two young solo females. I feel very safe and very comfortable because I brought a pillow and am using a coat as a jacket (it would definitely be chilly otherwise). I am very happy with this experience and am so grateful to this website for the advice! Bringing food in advance turned out to be the best suggestion as I arrived here at 10:20, famished, and everything was closed. Foreseeing that, I brought food purchased from my departure airport and kept it in my carry on to eat here. Thanks again and I hope this review was as helpful as all the others were for me. I hope that in particular, this was useful for any women contemplating sleeping in airports alone because my experience was definitely a safe and pleasant one!
The last review for this airport was in 2013. Have you been there recently? Tell us about it!
If you have a boarding pass with the following airlines, you can pay US$40-50 for a day pass that will allow you to access these lounges. The international lounges in Terminal 5 also have class of service requirements. Check with the airlines.
- American Admirals Club Lounge - Location: Terminal 3, Airside, Concourse G, Gate G8
- American Admirals Club Lounge - Location: Terminal 3, Airside, between Gates H6 and K6
- Delta Sky Club Lounge - Location: Terminal 2, Airside, Concourse E, across from Gate E4
- United Club -Location: Terminal 1, Airside, Concourse B North, near Gate B18. Hours: 430am - 930pm
- United Club - Location:Terminal 1, Airside, Concourse B South, near Gate B6. Hours: 430pm - 930pm
- United Club - Location:Terminal 1, Airside, Concourse C, airside, near Gate C16. Hours: 430am - 930pm
- United Club - Location: Terminal 2, Airside, Concourse F, near Gate F3. Hours: 430am - 10pm
- Worldwide VIP Lounge - Location: Terminal 5, Airside, near Gate M11. Rate: unknown
Additionally these lounges are available, but there are no day passes (that I am aware of):
- Air France VIP Lounge - Location: Terminal 5, Airside, Gate M7. Hours: 10am - 8pm. Lounge Access: business/first class ticket or all travellers can book online for £25.00 per person
- British Airways First Lounge and Terrace Lounge - Terminal 5, Airside, Gate M12
- Lufthansa/Japan Airlines/Korean Air Lounge - Location: Terminal 5, Airside, near Gate M7
- Swiss Lounge - Terminal 5, airside, between Gates M8
USO Lounge - The USO offers a lounge to members of the military and their families. Amenities: computers, child care area, sleeping area, and a library. Location: Terminal 2, Mezzanine Level above Northwest Ticket Counter (landside) and Terminal 3 in the Rotunda. Hours: open 24 hours
WiFi is available for a fee at the Chicago O'Hare Airport.
If sleeping at the Chicago O'Hare Airport does not appeal to you, there is a hotel at the airport....
- Hilton Hotel - located across from Terminal 2 and within walking distance of the domestic terminals.
- Holiday Inn (Free Shuttle Hours: 24 hours)
- Sheraton Gateway (Free Shuttle Hours: 24 hours)
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near O'Hare Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Available throughout the airport (landside and airside).
- Car Rentals - Alamo • Avis • Budget • Dollar • Enterprise • Hertz • National. Location: on the lower level near the baggage claim areas of Terminals 1, 2, and 3. From Terminal 5, rental car agencies are available by courtesy telephones located on the lower level.
- Chapel: Location: Terminal 2, Mezzanine
- Charging Stations - Seated workstations with counter space and AC outlets can be found in Terminal 1 (B5 • B11 • B14-15 • B19 • C15 • C21) • Terminal 2 (E4) • Terminal 3 (H5 • H13 • K4 • K9)
- Children's Play Area - Location: Terminal 2, Landside, Ticketing Level.
- Children's Museum - Terminal 2, Upper Level, Departures
- Cots - In Sep 2013, Mary sent me a message to let me know "there are 30 or so, mostly unoccupied tonight. Just past Gate K1."
- Currency Exchange - Locations: Terminal 1 (Gates B10 • C20) Terminal 3 (Gate K11) • Terminal 5 (Concourse M, Baggage and Ticketing Levels).
- Food / Dining - There are 24-hour food and beverage concessions at O'Hare in Terminal 3: Dunkin Donuts (Concourse H, Gate H6) • McDonalds (Concourse H, Gate H5 and Gate H10) • McDonalds (Concourse K, Gate K8)
- Information Desk - Locations: Terminal 1 (Concourse B • Gate C18 • Gate B8) • Terminal 2 • Terminal 3 (Concourse H) • Terminal 5 (Concourse M)
- Luggage Storage / Lockers - not available
- Mobile Charging - Locations: Terminal 1 (B4 • B11 • B15 • B19 • C15 • C21) • Terminal 2 (E4) • Terminal 3 (H5 • H13 • K4 • K9)
- Showers - not available
open 24 hours
Last Updated: 08 October 2013
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you du ring your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.