About This Airport:
Chicago O'Hare Airport
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Chicago O'Hare Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
My flight got canceled and I had to spend the night at the airport. That's how most O'Hare stories begin. - hozomeen
Not much food before security. Eating is in International food court. There are carts everywhere. Love the plastic wrapped toilet seats. You wave your hand over it and it automatically revolves itself. Watch your phone as its being charged. A nicely dressed woman came rushing through and a man right after her yelling She took my phone. I wish I had thrown all my change in front of her as she ran down the escalator-to get the crowds attention downstairs. Good thing there is police there. Pay wifi. The Hiltons is secured and is pay now. Check your email before you get there. The biggest crowd you've ever seen in your life standing in line for tsa. THE SUBWAY MACHINES DO NOT GIVE CHANGE. Do not put in a 20 expecting change. They said this is a big problem at this airport. A girl did that so I bought it from her for 20 so she could be on her way then a McDonalds Terminal 3 employee bought it from me, Guadeloupe, thank you so much, you are awesome! Check out the pay your IRS/moving violation/arrest warrant machine by the subway. Notice it doesn't take pennies.
The last review for this airport was in 2011. Have you been there recently? Tell us about it!
If you have a boarding pass with the following airlines, you can pay US$40-50 for a day pass that will allow you to access these lounges. The international lounges in Terminal 5 also have class of service requirements. Check with the airlines.
- American Admirals Club Lounge - Location: Terminal 3, Airside, Concourse G, Gate G8
- American Admirals Club Lounge - Location: Terminal 3, Airside, between Gates H6 and K6
- Delta Sky Club Lounge - Location: Terminal 2, Airside, Concourse E, across from Gate E4
- United Club -Location: Terminal 1, Airside, Concourse B North, near Gate B18. Hours: 430am - 930pm
- United Club - Location:Terminal 1, Airside, Concourse B South, near Gate B6. Hours: 430pm - 930pm
- United Club - Location:Terminal 1, Airside, Concourse C, airside, near Gate C16. Hours: 430am - 930pm
- United Club - Location: Terminal 2, Airside, Concourse F, near Gate F3. Hours: 430am - 10pm
- Worldwide VIP Lounge - Location: Terminal 5, Airside, near Gate M11. Rate: unknown
Additionally these lounges are available, but there are no day passes (that I am aware of):
- Air France VIP Lounge - Location: Terminal 5, Airside, Gate M7. Hours: 10am - 8pm. Lounge Access: business/first class ticket or all travellers can book online for US$ 40 per person
- British Airways First Lounge and Terrace Lounge - Terminal 5, Airside, Gate M12
- Lufthansa/Japan Airlines/Korean Air Lounge - Location: Terminal 5, Airside, near Gate M7
- Swiss Lounge - Terminal 5, airside, between Gates M8
USO Lounge - The USO offers a lounge to members of the military and their families. Amenities: computers, child care area, sleeping area, and a library. Location: Terminal 2, Mezzanine Level above Northwest Ticket Counter (landside). Hours: open 24 hours
WiFi is available for a fee at the Chicago O'Hare Airport.
If sleeping at the Chicago O'Hare Airport does not appeal to you, there is a hotel at the airport....
- Hilton Hotel - located across from Terminal 2 and within walking distance of the domestic terminals.
- Holiday Inn (Free Shuttle Hours: 24 hours)
- Sheraton Gateway (Free Shuttle Hours: 24 hours)
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Available throughout the airport (landside and airside).
- Car Rentals - Alamo • Avis • Budget • Dollar • Enterprise • Hertz • National. Location: on the lower level near the baggage claim areas of Terminals 1, 2, and 3. From Terminal 5, rental car agencies are available by courtesy telephones located on the lower level.
- Chapel: Location: Terminal 2, Mezzanine
- Charging Stations - Seated workstations with counter space and AC outlets can be found in Terminal 1 (B5 • B11 • B14-15 • B19 • C15 • C21) • Terminal 2 (E4) • Terminal 3 (H5 • H13 • K4 • K9)
- Children's Museum - Terminal 2, Upper Level, Departures
- Cots - In the event of bad weather or delays, this airport has a supply of cots for stranded travellers. At the moment, we are not sure where you can find them or how you can get your hands on one, but they do exist. If you have any information or photos, please email me.
- Currency Exchange - Information not available
- Food / Dining - As of this update it is not know which (if any) of the airport's many food and beverage concessions are open 24 hours.
- Information Desk - Information not available
- Luggage Storage / Lockers - not available
- Security Office - Location is unknown. Do you know? Email me
- Showers - not available
open 24 hours
Last Updated: 28 June 2012 | Sources: Chicago O'Hare International Airport
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you du ring your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.