El Paso Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our El Paso Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I had just put my legs under my own counter while using my laptop, and imagined many people had previously done the same, I slept underneath a similar taller counter a few feet away.- wyceresas
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at El Paso International Airport.
What to Expect
- A small airport with two concourses (A Concourse (West) and B Concourse (East))
- After airport restaurants and shops close for the night, vending machines are the only in-airport snack option. Plan ahead and stash a take-out meal or snacks for later!
- Free wifi is available. See Airport WiFi below.
Where to Sleep
- After security checkpoints close for the night, passengers are restricted to landside only. Passengers sleeping airside will be required to go back to landside until security reopens, and will need to clear security again to re-enter.
- The airport terminal has padded leather chairs with armrests in many areas.
- One reviewer suggested the Meeter/Greeter area located at the end of the terminal opposite the main entrance. Auto-pay massage chairs can be found in this area.
- There are a few spots along the airport restaurants that may serve as a place to sleep.
- While there are no hotels directly at the terminal there are nearby hotels that provide an airport shuttle. See Airport Hotels below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our El Paso Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use airport lounges at this airport.
USO Lounge - The USO offers a lounge that is free of charge to members of the US military and their families. Location: Concourse B, post-security, Gate B5. Hours: 8:00AM - 4:00PM (Daily) • 8:00AM - 12:00PM (Saturday) • closed Sundays.
Free WiFi is available at El Paso Airport. Connect to the DigitalElPaso network.
If you do not have a mobile device, computer Stations are available for rent at Travelex Business Center. Location: next to the Information Booth in the main lobby.
If sleeping in El Paso Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels at and near the airport:
- Wyndham El Paso Airport Hotel and Waterpark - (5 minute walk from the airport) Located 100 yards from the airport. Free 24-hr shuttle service to the airport and surrounding area (within 3 mile radius). The on-site waterpark is seasonal.
- Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham El Paso Airport - (8 minute walk from the airport) Free 24-hr airport shuttle service.
- Radisson Hotel El Paso Airport - (10 minute walk from the airport) Free 24-hr shuttle service to the airport and surrounding area (within 3 mile radius).
To see more options there is a list of hotels near El Paso Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Art in the Airport - See local works of art at the Art Windows of El Paso rotating art exhibit. Locations: The Meeter / Greeter area, landside • Baggage Claim on the main floor, landside.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Available on all levels.
- Baggage Carts - Smartecarte are available. Rates: unknown.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - Location: Ground floor, next to the Information Booth. Hours: 5:00AM - 5:00PM (Daily).
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate on varying schedules, with most open at 4:30AM. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options, but vending machines are available.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - No
- Massage Chairs - available on all levels. Rate: unknown.
- Shoe Shine - Get your shoes and boots shined in one of these three locations: La Placita Shopping area, landside, lower level • Concourse B, airside, Gate B2 • Concourse A, airside, Gate A1.
- Shopping - A limited variety of boutiques and newsstands are available throughout the airport.
- Showers - Not available
The airport is open 24 hours. The TSA security checkpoints are open from 4:00AM - 10:00PM (unconfirmed).
Keep in mind that airline check-in and baggage drop hours vary according the flight schedule. Check these hours with your airline. If you are in the public area of the terminal (landside) you will not be able to get through to the secure area of the terminal (airside) until the morning.
Local buses Route 33 and Route 50 serve El Paso International Airport. For route maps, schedules and fares, visit the Sun Metro website.
The following onsite car rental agencies are located in the baggage claim area: Advantage, Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, National, Payless and Thrifty.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Best Western Plus El Paso Airport Hotel & Conference Center • Chase Suite Hotel El Paso • Comfort Inn & Suites I-10 Airport • Courtyard El Paso Airport • El Paso Marriott • GuestHouse Suites El Paso Airport • Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham - El Paso • Hampton Inn El Paso-Airport • Hilton Garden Inn El Paso Airport • Holiday Inn El Paso Airport • Holiday Inn Express & Suites El Paso Airport Area • Homewood Suites El Paso Airport • Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham El Paso Airport • Radisson Hotel El Paso Airport • Wyndham El Paso Airport
Taxi and Shuttles
Taxis and shared-ride shuttles are available in the ground transportation area of the terminal on a 24-hour basis. All taxis are metered and reservations are not required.
Last Updated: 09 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.