Indianapolis Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Indianapolis Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Security seemed to tip-toe past me and the cleaning staff detoured around my cozy sleeping alcove apparently out of respect for myself. - Cam
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Indianapolis International Airport.
What to Expect
- IND is a modern airport with two concourses (Concourse A and Concourse B), which are connected airside by a walkway.
- A good selection of shopping and dining options, including a 24-hour Starbucks in the main area of the terminal. A 24-hour Subway and Circle K convenience store are located in the airport service plaza.
- The airport provides free WiFi. See WiFi below.
Where to Sleep
- Reviewers describe the airport as very accommodating to sleeping travellers, with comfortable couches located throughout the airport and minimal interference from airport security.
- The "terminal lounge" (landside) was recommended for its dimmed lights and its selection of comfortable seating, however the area has a lot of foot traffic in the early morning.
- Baggage claim was recommended for its soft benches and nearby power outlets.
- It can get cold and noisy, so have your earplugs or noise cancelling headphones and a warm blanket handy for your overnight stay.
- After security checkpoints close for the night, passengers are restricted to landside only. Passengers sleeping airside will be required to go back to landside until security reopens, and will need to clear security again to re-enter.
- There are no on-site hotels. However, there are nearby hotels that offer a free airport shuttle. See Airport Hotels below.
Good to Know
- After security checkpoints close for the night, passengers are restricted to landside only until TSA re-opens in the morning.
- Economy class passengers flying on Delta Airlines can pay to use the Delta Sky Club. See Airport Lounges below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Indianapolis Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Indianapolis airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Delta Sky Club - Location: Airside, Concourse A, immediately after Security and before Starbucks. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$59.00) • Delta Sky Club Membership.
USO Lounge - The USO offers a lounge that is free of charge to members of the US military and their families. Amenities include: WiFi, video games, TV lounge, toiletries, snacks, computers and a library. Location: lower level of the terminal near Bag Claim 3 in Room 10T.109. Hours: 7:00AM - 11:00PM
Free WiFi is available at Indianapolis Airport. Connect to “IND PUBLIC WIFI”. No ads, no log-in!
If sleeping in Indianapolis Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Indianapolis Airport - (5 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available. Airport pick-up is at Ground Transportation Zone 2.
- Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Airport - (5 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available.
- Holiday Inn Indianapolis Airport - (5 min from the airport) Free 24-hr airport shuttle service available.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Indianapolis Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Chase Bank cash machines can be found throughout the terminal (landside and airside). There is an international ATM machine located beside the Travelex Currency.
- Baby Care Facilities - Nursing Mother’s Room. Two locations: landside, Ticketing Hall • airside, Concourse B, Gate B5.
- Barbershop - Location: Ticketing Hall.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - Travelex offers foreign exchange services. Location: Baggage Claim.
- Digital Information Kiosks - These easy-to-use touch screen displays can get you directly in touch with local hotels, restaurants, attractions and other businesses. Look for them in Baggage Claim, near the main escalators.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty Free is available as well as a good variety of shops including convenience style stores selling newspapers, snacks and drinks. Hours: unknown.
- Food & Drinks - Most food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. These options are open 24 hours: Subway (IND Service Plaza) and Circle K Convenience Store (IND Service Plaza).
- Information Desk - The Guest Services desk offers information about airport services and local tourism, maps and brochures, paging, lost and found, business services, notary and more. Hours: 5:00 AM - 11:00PM (Sun - Fri) • 5:00AM - 9:00PM (Sat). Look for the airport ambassadors throughout the airport.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Meditation Room - Location: Landside, Ticketing Hall (south end)
- Showers - not available
- Spa - EnRoute Spa has 2 locations Airside near Gates A14 and B6. Hours: unknown.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Keep in mind that TSA, airline check-in and baggage drop hours vary according the flight schedule. Check these hours with your airline. If you are in the public area of the terminal (landside) you will not be able to get through to the secure area of the terminal (airside) until the morning.
IndyGo Route 8 serves the airport in a regular bus service to and from downtown, via Washington Street. Bus fare is $1.75. For route map, schedule and fares, visit the IndyGo website.
Car rental desks are available in the Ground Transportation Center, located on the 1st floor of the parking garage. Onsite car rental agencies include Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, National and Thrifty. ACE Rent A Car provides free shuttle service from the Ground Transportation Center (Zone 1) to its off-site location.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Comfort Suites Indianapolis Airport • Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Indianapolis Airport South • Courtyard Indianapolis Airport • Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport • Fairfield Inn & Suites Indianapolis Airport • Hampton Inn & Suites Indianapolis-Airport • Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Airport • Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Indianapolis W - Airport Area • Hyatt Place Indianapolis Airport • La Quinta Inn Indianapolis Airport Lynhurst • Lexington Hotel Indianapolis Airport • Ramada Indianapolis Airport • Residence Inn Indianapolis Airport • Wingate By Wyndham Indianapolis Airport-Rockville Rd. • Wyndham Indianapolis West
The following companies provide shuttle service to/from the airport: Go Express (express service to downtown Indianapolis), Miller Trailways (Anderson, Muncie and Ball State University), Lafayette Limo (Lafayette and Purdue University), Bloomington Shuttle Service Inc. (Bloomington and Indiana University) and Star America (Bloomington, Indiana University, Lafayette and Purdue University).
Taxis are readily available at the lower level curb outside of Baggage Claim. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required. Minimum fare is $15 for all fares leaving the airport. Fares must not exceed what is shown on the meter, so if traveling outside of Indianapolis, negotiate the fare with the driver before starting your journey.
Last Updated: 22 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.