Lexington Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Lexington Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
surprisingly I got a solid 7 hours of uninterrupted sleep.
- J. Phillips
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Lexington Airport.
What to Expect
- The Lexington airport has a single terminal with several concourses.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Information on this airport is limited, as we have not received any reviews for this airport since 2005. If you have been there recently, please write a review.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport that provide free airport shuttles. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can find comfort in one of the lounges that are accessible with a day pass. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Lexington Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- The Club at Blue Grass - Location: Concourse B, airside. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 10).
Free WiFi is available at Lexington Airport.
If sleeping in Lexington Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Residence Inn Lexington/Keeneland Airport - (8 min from the airport) Free scheduled airport shuttle service available. For airport pick-up, call 1-859-296-0460.
- Courtyard Lexington/Keeneland Airport - (8 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available (reservation required). For airport pick-up, call 1-859-224-0460.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Lexington Keeneland Airport - (8 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available (reservation required). For airport pick-up, call 1-859-224-3338.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Lexington Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Two locations: Lobby, landside, 1st level • Concourse B, airside, 2nd level.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Children's Play Area - Location: Lobby, landside, 1st level.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate on varying schedules, with some opening as early as 4:30AM. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options.
- Information Desk - Location: Lobby, landside, 1st level. Hours: 5:00AM - 7:30PM.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Medical Services - Urgent and emergency medical care is available 24 hours a day at the First Aid Station.
- Showers - not available
The airport is open 24 hours.
Keep in mind that TSA, airline check-in and baggage drop hours vary according the flight schedule. Check these hours with your airline. If you are in the public area of the terminal (landside) you will not be able to get through to the secure area of the terminal (airside) until the morning.
Lextran Bus Route 21 Airport/Keeneland express service connects the airport to the downtown Transit Center on Vine Street, weekdays from 6:00AM - 6:00PM. A designated bus stop is located curbside at the airport. For route map, schedule and fare information, visit the Lextran website.
Car rental desks are located on the 1st level in the baggage claim area, and rental vehicles are housed in a separate facility located next to the airport terminal. Onsite car rental agencies include Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz and National.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Some hotels can be reached by using the direct-dial courtesy phones available in the baggage claim area. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Clarion Hotel • Courtyard Lexington Keeneland/Airport • DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Lexington • Fairfield Inn & Suites Lexington Keeneland Airport • Hilton Lexington Downtown • Hilton Lexington Suites • Hyatt Regency Lexington • Residence Inn Lexington Keeneland / Airport • The Campbell House.
Taxis and Shuttles
Taxis and shared ride shuttles are available in the ground transportation area outside of the baggage claim area. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required.
Last Updated: 27 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.