Nashville Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Nashville Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I woke up around 3am and had to unroll my sleeping bag, since someone had kicked the A/C on and set it to "icebox" mode. - BCT
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Nashville International Airport.
What to Expect
- A country music-themed airport terminal with three concourses (A, B and C).
- Concourse C is the largest of the three concourses, and has the most shopping and dining options.
- The airport provides unlimited, free WiFi. See WiFi below.
Where to Sleep
- Sleeping is restricted to landside after security checkpoints close at night.
- One traveller mentioned that the far ends of the terminal (landside) are quieter, but sleeping travellers are hassled by airport security.
- Nashville Airport takes its moniker, “Music City U.S.A.” seriously! Several reviewers reported that country music plays constantly (and loudly!) well into the night. Have your earplugs or noise cancelling headphones handy if you want to sleep!
- There are no hotels directly at the airport, but there are nearby hotels that provide airport shuttles. See Airport Hotels below.
Good to Know
- Airport shops and restaurants close at night.
- One reviewer noted that crime in the airport is lower than in previous years, while another described a recent theft of belongings from a car parked in the airport’s valet parking.
- Economy class passengers can find comfort in one of the lounges that are accessible with a day pass or membership. See Airport Lounges below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Nashville Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Nashville airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- American Airlines Admirals Club - Location: Concourse C, Airside, Mezzanine Level, across from Gate C10. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 59.00) • Admirals Club Membership.
- Delta Sky Club - Location: Airside, adjacent to Gate B3. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$59.00) • Delta Sky Club Membership.
USO Lounge - The USO offers a lounge that is free of charge to members of the US military and their families. Amenities include: WiFi, TV lounge, snacks, and reading materials. Location: Airside, Concourse C, behind the Hudson News store, just before exiting the secure area (on the secure side of the glass shared with Starbucks). Hours: 6:00AM - 10:00PM (Daily).
Unlimited Free WiFi is available at Nashville Airport. Connect to the “Boingo Hotspot” network.
If sleeping in Nashville Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville Airport - (3 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available upon request.
- Radisson Hotel Nashville Airport - (3 minutes from the airport) Free shuttle service to the airport and surrounding area (within 3 mile radius).
- Red Roof Inn Nashville Airport - (6 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle service runs daily, every 30 minutes, from 6:00AM to 10:00PM.
Hotel courtesy phones are available on the baggage claim level.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Nashville Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Art at the Airport - Exhibitions and musical performances are held during the year.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Available on the Ticketing level, A/B checkpoint (landside), north and south ends of the central security checkpoint, Concourse B (Gate B-10), Concourse C (Gate C-14) and Baggage Claim (at the entrance, near Carousel 7).
- Baggage Carts - Available at various locations throughout the airport for a $4 fee per cart.
- Banking - SunTrust Bank has a full-service branch on the Ticketing Level. Hours: 8:30AM - 4:00PM (Mon-Fri).
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Children's Play Areas - Located at Concourses A and B. Also check out the bright and colorful Flights of Fantasy mosaic sculpture, with seating for adults!
- Currency Exchange - SunTrust Bank and Wright Travel offer service on the Ticketing Level. Hours vary per day and location.
- Food & Drinks - At the time of this update there were no 24 hour food concessions at the airport. Many concessions begin to open at 4:30AM.
- Information Desk - Location: Center of the Baggage Claim Level- Also look for the Flying Aces airport ambassadors wearing red vests.
- Live Entertainment - Location: Tooties Orchid Lounge, Airside, Concourse C
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - No
- Massages - Feel your stress melt away with a foot or chair massage at the Massage Bar. Locations: Concourse B, airside, near Gate B-1 • Concourse C, airside, near Gate C-14.
- Massage Chairs - Location: Landside, before A/B and C/D checkpoints / Airside, Concourse B.
- Medical Services - CareHere! offers medical services for minor emergencies. Location: Concourse C. Hours: unknown.
- Meditation Rooms - Locations: Concourse C Meeter-Greeter Lounge (landside) • Near the Hudson News retail store at Gate C-1 (airside).
- Pharmacy - Location: in the Medical Clinic, CareHere!. Location: Concourse C. Hours: unknown.
- Salon - Nashville Nails and Salon Services offers hair, nail, brow, and waxing services. Location: Airside, Concourse C, near Gate 15
- Showers - No
- Smoking - Graycliff Cigar Company provides in store smoking lounges. Locations: Concourse B, near gate B-10 and concourse C, near gate C-10.
- Traveler's Aid - This is a non-profit organization that assists stranded and distressed passengers. Volunteers assist passengers with general airport and destination queries to assisting with situations such as transportation assistance, lost or stolen money, wiring money, emergency housing, etc. Location: unknown. Hours: unknown.
The airport is open from 3:00AM - 1:00AM. The TSA security checkpoint opens at 4:10AM and closes after the last flight.
MTA Bus 18 runs a route between the airport and downtown Nashville Hotels. One-way bus fare is $1.70. For route maps, schedules and fares, visit the Nashville MTA website.
Car rental services are handled in the Rental Car Facility, connected to the airport terminal via covered moving walkways. Onsite car rental agencies include Advantage, Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, National, Payless and Thrifty.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Best Western Plus Nashville Airport • Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Nashville Airport • Drury Inn & Suites Nashville Airport • Embassy Suites by Hilton Nashville - Airport • Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville / Airport • Holiday Inn Express Nashville Airport • Hotel Preston • Hyatt Place Nashville Airport • La Quinta Inn & Suites Nashville Airport • Marriott Nashville Airport • Radisson Hotel Nashville Airport • Red Roof Inn Nashville Airport • Sheraton Music City Hotel • SpringHill Suites Nashville Airport • Super 8 Nashville Airport Music City Area.
Jarmon Transportation, and other shared-ride door-to-door shuttle vendors, have service desks on the 1st level in the ground transportation area of the terminal. Contact your service provider of choice for details and reservations.
Taxis are available in the ground transportation area of the airport terminal on a 24-hour basis. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required. Starting fare is $7 plus $2.10 per mile. At the time of this update, a one-way fare between the airport and downtown/Opryland Hotel area is $25.
Last Updated: 17 June 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.