Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Nashville Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
I woke up around 3am and had to unroll my sleeping bag, since someone had kicked the A/C on and set it to “icebox” mode. – BCT
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us about their time at Nashville Airport.
What to Expect
Nashville Airport consists of a single terminal that is divided into four concourses. Concourse A serves international destinations, Concourses B and C house domestic carriers, and Concourse D is currently closed for expansion and renovation, set to reopen in 2020.
You’ll find a good selection of eateries and shops here, particularly in Concourse C. Pay attention to the time, as most restaurants close early, with only a few open until 9:30PM. No shops or cafes are open 24 hours. Free WiFi helps pass the time. Economy class passengers can pay to enter two airport lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and access information.
Where to Sleep
Overnight sleepers will be restricted to the landside, as security checkpoints close at night. Do expect for security guards to check your ID and boarding passes. The airport takes its moniker, “Music City U.S.A.” seriously! Several reviewers reported that country music plays constantly (and loudly!) well into the night. Have your earplugs or noise cancelling headphones handy if you want to sleep! Try the far ends of the terminal, which are sometimes quieter. For uninterrupted sleep, nearby hotels offer shuttle service to guests. See our Airport Hotels section below for more info.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter by paying at the door or through a lounge membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
- American Airlines Admirals Club – Location: Concourse C, Airside, Mezzanine Level, across from Gate C10. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door with proof of American Airlines ticket • Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
- Delta Sky Club – Location: Airside, adjacent to Gate B3. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door with proof of Delta ticket • Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
USO Lounge – The USO offers a lounge that is free of charge to active members of the US military and their families. Amenities include: WiFi, TV lounge, snacks, and reading materials. Location: Airside, Concourse C, behind the Hudson News store, just before exiting the secure area (on the secure side of the glass shared with Starbucks). Hours: 6:00AM – 10:00PM (Daily). [ more info ]
If sleeping in Nashville Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville Airport – (3 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle is available upon request. » Check Rates
- Radisson Hotel Nashville Airport – (3 minutes from the airport) Free shuttle service to the airport and surrounding area (within 3 mile radius). » Check Rates
- Red Roof Inn Nashville Airport – (6 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle service runs daily, every 30 minutes, from 6:00AM to 10:00PM. » Check Rates
Hotel courtesy phones are available on the baggage claim level.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Nashville Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Unlimited Free WiFi is available at Nashville Airport. Connect to the “Boingo Hotspot” network.
- WiFi – see “Airport WiFi/Internet” above.
- Children’s Play Areas – Located at Concourses A and B. Also check out the bright and colorful Flights of Fantasy mosaic sculpture, with seating for adults!
Food & Drinks
- Food & Drink – At the time of this update there were no 24 hour food concessions at the airport. Some concessions open as earlier as 4:00AM and most close by 7:30PM but you will find a few that close at 9:30PM.
- Information Desk – Location: Center of the Baggage Claim Level. Hours: 6:30AM – 11:00PM. Also look for the Flying Aces airport ambassadors wearing red vests.
- Traveler’s Aid – Traveler’s Aid is a non-profit organization that assists stranded and distressed passengers. Volunteers assist passengers with general airport and destination queries to assisting with situations such as transportation assistance, lost or stolen money, wiring money, emergency housing, etc. Location: Terminal 1, Suite 501. Hours: 6:30AM – 11:00PM.
- Baggage Carts – Need a hand with your luggage? Baggage carts are available at various locations throughout the airport. Rates: $4 fee per cart.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
- Medical Services – CareHere! offers medical services for minor emergencies. Location: Concourse C. Hours: unknown.
- Pharmacy – Location: in the Medical Clinic, CareHere!. Location: Concourse C. Hours: unknown.
- Mobile Charging – At the time of this update, we did not have any information about mobile charging availability. If you know, write a review or email us at [email protected]
- ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: Landside, on the Ticketing level and the A/B checkpoint • Airside, north and south ends of the central security checkpoint, Concourse B (Gate B-10), Concourse C (Gate C-14) • Baggage Claim (at the entrance, near Carousel 7).
- Banking Services – SunTrust Bank has a full-service branch on the Ticketing Level. Hours: 8:30AM – 4:00PM (Mon-Fri).
- Currency Exchange – SunTrust Bank and Wright Travel offer service on the Ticketing Level. Hours vary per day and location.
Prayer & Meditiation
- Meditation Rooms – Locations: Concourse C Meeter-Greeter Lounge (landside) • Near the Hudson News retail store at Gate C-1 (airside).
Rest & Relaxation
- Hotels – see “Airport Hotels” above.
- Lounges – see “Airport Lounges” above.
- Massage Chairs – Location: Landside, before A/B and C/D checkpoints / Airside, Concourse B.
- Rest Zones – Not available.
- Duty Free & Shopping – No duty free shops are available. You will find many shops where you can buy books, gifts, clothing, chocolates, and more. Hours: Unknown.
Showers, Salon & Spa
- Massages – Feel your stress melt away with a foot or chair massage at the Massage Bar. Locations: Concourse B, airside, near Gate B-1 • Concourse C, airside, near Gate C-14.
- Salon – Nashville Nails and Salon Services offers hair, nail, brow, and waxing services. Location: Airside, Concourse C, near Gate 15
- Showers – Not available.
- Smoking – Graycliff Cigar Company provides in store smoking lounges. Locations: Concourse B, near gate B-10 and concourse C, near gate C-10.
Things to do & see
- Art in the Airport – Exhibitions and musical performances are held throughout the year.
- Live Entertainment – Location: Tooties Orchid Lounge, Airside, Concourse C
The airport is open from 3:00AM – 1:00AM. The TSA security checkpoint opens at 4:10AM and closes after the last flight.
As of February 2018, Nashville airport is served by the following airlines: Air Canada • American Airlines • Delta • Frontier Airlines • Southwest Airlines • United Airlines • Vacation Express • Alaska Airlines • Boutique Air • Contour Airlines • JetBlue • WestJet • Virgin America.
MTA Bus 18 runs a route between the airport and downtown Nashville Hotels. One-way bus fare is $1.70. For route maps, schedules and fares, visit the Nashville MTA website.
Car rental services are handled in the Rental Car Facility, connected to the airport terminal via covered moving walkways. Onsite car rental agencies include Advantage, Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, National, Payless and Thrifty.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Best Western Plus Nashville Airport • Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Nashville Airport • Drury Inn & Suites Nashville Airport • Embassy Suites by Hilton Nashville – Airport • Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville / Airport • Holiday Inn Express Nashville Airport • Hotel Preston • Hyatt Place Nashville Airport • La Quinta Inn & Suites Nashville Airport • Marriott Nashville Airport • Radisson Hotel Nashville Airport • Red Roof Inn Nashville Airport • Sheraton Music City Hotel • SpringHill Suites Nashville Airport • Super 8 Nashville Airport Music City Area.
There is no shortage of shuttle/private transfer options available to/from the airport. To see a list of approved providers, visit the Nashville Airport website.
Taxis are available in the ground transportation area of the airport terminal on a 24-hour basis. All taxis are metered with a starting fare of $7 plus $2.10 per mile. At the time of this January 2018 update, a one-way fare between the airport and downtown/Opryland Hotel area is $25.
Last updated: 2018-11-19
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected] and we will update this guide.