Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Nashville Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
I woke up around 3am and had to unroll my sleeping bag, since someone had kicked the A/C on and set it to “icebox” mode. – BCT
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down about what to expect during your time at Nashville Airport.
What to Expect
Nashville Airport consists of a single terminal that is divided into four concourses. Concourse A serves international destinations, Concourses B and C house domestic carriers, and Concourse D is currently closed for expansion and renovation, set to reopen in 2020.
You’ll find a good selection of eateries and shops here, particularly in Concourse C. Pay attention to the time, as most restaurants close early, with only a few open until 9:30PM. No shops or cafes are open 24 hours. Free WiFi helps pass the time. Economy class passengers can pay to enter two airport lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and access information.
Where to Sleep
Overnight sleepers will be restricted to the landside, as security checkpoints close at night. A recent review (September 2019) mentioned approximately 12 comfy, fluffy 2-seater couches are available Landside, Main Terminal, 3rd Floor, beside Tootsies Lounge. Do expect for security guards to check your ID and boarding passes. The airport takes its moniker, “Music City U.S.A.” seriously! Several reviewers reported that country music plays constantly (and loudly!) well into the night. Have your earplugs or noise cancelling headphones handy if you want to sleep! Try the far ends of the terminal, which are sometimes quieter. For uninterrupted sleep, nearby hotels offer shuttle service to guests. See our Airport Hotels section below for more info.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter by paying at the door or through a lounge membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
American Airlines Admirals Club – Location: Concourse C, Airside, Mezzanine Level, across from Gate C10. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door with proof of American Airlines ticket • Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
Airline Lounges (members only)
[ update ]
If sleeping in Nashville Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville Airport – (3 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle is available upon request. » Check Rates
- Radisson Hotel Nashville Airport – (3 minutes from the airport) Free shuttle service to the airport and surrounding area (within 3 mile radius). » Check Rates
- Red Roof Inn Nashville Airport – (6 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle service runs daily, every 30 minutes, from 6:00AM to 10:00PM. » Check Rates
Hotel courtesy phones are available on the baggage claim level.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Nashville Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
[ update ]
Airport WiFi / Internet
Unlimited Free WiFi is available at Nashville Airport. Connect to the “Boingo Hotspot” network.
[ update ]
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
- Postal Services – Drop off your last minute postcards at the airport’s mailbox in the center of Baggage Claim Level. Stamps can be purchased at any of the airport’s ATM machines.
- WiFi – see “Airport WiFi/Internet” above.
- Children’s Play Areas – Located at Concourses A and B. Also check out the bright and colorful Flights of Fantasy mosaic sculpture, with seating for adults!
- Nursing Room – Breastfeed in comfort. The room offers a comfy chair, electrical outlets, sink, hand dryer and baby changing stations. Location: behind Nashville at the A/B Food Court.
Food & Drinks
- Food & Drink – At the time of this update there were no 24 hour food concessions at the airport. The airport offers 26 restaurants/coffee shops. Some concessions open as early as 4:00AM and most close by 7:30PM but you will find a few that close at 10:00PM.
- Information Desk – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: Landside, on the Ticketing level and the A/B checkpoint • Airside, north and south ends of the central security checkpoint, Concourse B (Gate B-10), Concourse C (Gate C-14) • Baggage Claim (at the entrance, near Carousel 7 & 4).
- Traveler’s Aid – Traveler’s Aid is a non-profit organization that assists stranded and distressed passengers. Volunteers assist passengers with general airport and destination queries to assisting with situations such as transportation assistance, lost or stolen money, wiring money, emergency housing, etc. Location: Terminal 1, Suite 501. Hours: 6:30AM – 11:00PM.
- Baggage Carts – Need a hand with your luggage? Baggage carts are available at various locations throughout the airport. Rates: $4 fee per cart.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
- Medical Services – CareHere! offers medical services for minor emergencies. Location: Concourse C. Hours: unknown.
- Pharmacy – Location: in the Medical Clinic, CareHere!. Location: Concourse C. Hours: unknown.
- Mobile Charging – At the time of this update, we did not have any information about mobile charging availability. If you know, click here to update this airport guide.
- ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: Landside, on the Ticketing level and the A/B checkpoint • Airside, north and south ends of the central security checkpoint, Concourse B (Gate B-10), Concourse C (Gate C-14) • Baggage Claim (at the entrance, near Carousel 7 & 4).
- Currency Exchange – Wright Travel offers services on the Ticketing Level. Hours: 6:00AM – 10:00PM (Mon-Fri), 8:00AM – 4:00PM (Sat) and 8:00AM – 10:00PM (Sun).
Prayer & Meditiation
- Meditation Rooms – Locations: Concourse C Meeter-Greeter Lounge (landside) • Near the Hudson News retail store at Gate C-1 (airside).
Rest & Relaxation
- Hotels – see “Airport Hotels” above.
- Lounges – see “Airport Lounges” above.
- Massage Chairs – Location: Landside, before A/B and C/D checkpoints / Airside, Concourse B.
- Rest Zones – There are no dedicated sleeping areas, quiet areas or rest zones. If this information has changed, click here to update this guide.
- Duty Free & Shopping – No duty free shops are available. You will find many shops where you can buy books, gifts, clothing, chocolates, and more. Hours: Unknown.
Showers, Salon & Spa
- Massages – Feel your stress melt away with a foot or chair massage at the Massage Bar. Locations: Concourse B, airside, near Gate B-1 • Concourse C, airside, near Gate C-14.
- Salon – Nashville Nails and Salon Services offers hair, nail, brow, and waxing services. Location: Airside, Concourse C, near Gate 15
- Showers – Not available.
- Smoking – Graycliff Cigar Company provides in store smoking lounges. Locations: Concourse B, near gate B-10 and concourse C, near gate C-10.
Things to do & see
- Art in the Airport – Exhibitions and musical performances are held throughout the year.
- Live Entertainment – Location: Tooties Orchid Lounge, Airside, Concourse C
[ update ]
The airport is open 24 hours, however the TSA security checkpoint only operates from 4:10AM to after the last flight.
[ update ]
As of July 2019, Nashville airport is served by the following airlines: Air Canada • Alaska Airlines • Allegiant • American Airlines • British Airways • Contour Airlines • Delta • Frontier Airlines • JetBlue • Southwest Airlines • Sun Country • United Airlines • Vacation Express • WestJet.
[ update ]
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Note: All ground transportation pick-ups (bus, taxi, shuttles, etc.) have moved to the new Parking and Transportation Center, next to the existing Short Term Parking Garage. Drop-offs will still be made directly at the Terminal.
WeGo Public Transit connects the airport and downtown Nashville Hotels. One-way bus fare is $1.70. For route maps, schedules and fares, visit the WeGo Public Transit website.
Car rental services are handled in the Rental Car Facility, connected to the airport terminal via covered moving walkways. Onsite car rental agencies include Advantage • Alamo • Avis • Budget • Dollar • Enterprise • Hertz • National • Payless • Thrifty.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Best Western Plus Nashville Airport • Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Nashville Airport • Drury Inn & Suites Nashville Airport • Embassy Suites by Hilton Nashville – Airport • Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville / Airport • Holiday Inn Express Nashville Airport • Hotel Preston • Hyatt Place Nashville Airport • La Quinta Inn & Suites Nashville Airport • Marriott Nashville Airport • Radisson Hotel Nashville Airport • Red Roof Inn Nashville Airport • Sheraton Music City Hotel • SpringHill Suites Nashville Airport • Super 8 Nashville Airport Music City Area.
There is no shortage of shuttle/private transfer options available to/from the airport. To see a list of approved providers, visit the Nashville Airport website.
Taxis are available in the Parking and Transportation Center at the airport on a 24-hour basis. All taxis are metered with a starting fare of $7 plus $2.10 per mile. At the time of this January 2019 update, a one-way fare between the airport and downtown/Opryland Hotel area is $25.
[ update ]
Last updated: 2019-07-10
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.