San Juan Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our San Juan Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
At one point I sensed someone near me and woke up to an AA employee putting a blanket over me! How cool is that??? - Nicole
by a traveller
"I'm one of those people that can sleep without any distraction interfering with my snooze. Recently, I arrived really late on a delayed flight into Luis Muñoz Marín International Airport in San Juan, missing my late evening connection. Since I had been re-booked on a connection leaving about 6 AM, I decided that I would just sleep in the airport... No such thing! I was rousted out of my seat by Security and directed to the in-airport fleabag of a hotel... Overpriced, tiny room, smelling like old gym socks! "
Have you been to San Juan Airport recently? Write a Review!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at San Juan airport either by purchasing a day pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- American Airlines Admiral's Club - Location: Domestic Terminal C, Airside, opposite Gate 12. Hours: 6am - 845pm. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 50.00) • Admiral's Club Membership.
- The Lounge - Location: Terminal C, Airside, 3rd Floor. Hours: varies. Lounge Access: Book Online (£22.00) • Priority Pass.
no information available
If sleeping in San Juan Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- San Juan Airport Hotel - formerly Best Western. Direct access to the airport terminal.
- Courtyard Isla Verde Beach Resort - (5 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Hotel La Playa - (7 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Borinquen Beach Inn - (7 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near San Juan Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - There is an ATM located in every terminal.
- Car Rentals - Avis, Alamo, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz and more.
- Chapel - Location: Terminal D, Gate D3. Hours: unknown.
- Currency Exchange - You can exchange money at the Banco Popular. Additionaly, there is an ATM that will allow you to withdraw Euros in Terminal D.
- Food & Drinks - At the time of this update it was not know which (if any) of the airport's food and beverage concessions were open 24 hours.
- Information Desk - Staffed information booths are available, you may also spot ambassadors in the blue polo shirts throughout the airport.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Showers - not available
- Traveler's Aid - This is a non-profit organization that assists stranded and distressed passengers. Volunteers assist passengers with general airport and destination queries to assisting with situations such as transportation assistance, lost or stolen money, wiring money, emergency housing, etc. Location: Terminal D, First Level, office # 8, 4 doors from the police station. Hours: 7:00AM - 4:00PM (Mon - Fri).
The airport is open 24 hours.
We Need Your Feedback!
The SleepingInAirports community depends on travellers, like you, to share their airport experiences through airport reviews and survey responses. If you had a good or bad experience at San Juan Airport, tell us about it!
- Complete the 2015 Airport Survey - Your responses to this short (and easy!) questionnaire will help us determine the Best and Worst Airports of 2015.
- Write a Review - Please take a few minutes to write your airport review. Whether you provided a quick tip or a detailed review, you will be helping other travellers in a similar situation. Leave a guest review OR register for an account.
Thank you for helping the Community!
Last Updated: 12 May 2015
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.