Syracuse Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Syracuse Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
the man who scanned the luggage left my things astrew and my handmade present from my uncle in pieces, with my bra hanging out as well as one of the inside straps. - edavis
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Syracuse Hancock International Airport.
What to Expect
- A small airport with two terminal areas (North Terminal A and South Terminal B) and two concourses (North Concourse B and South Concourse A)
- After airport restaurants and shops close for the night, vending machines are the only in-airport snack option. Plan ahead and purchase your food and drinks before the concessions close.
- The airport provides free WiFi. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- After security checkpoints close for the night, passengers are restricted to landside only. Passengers sleeping airside will be required to go back to landside until security reopens, and will need to clear security again to re-enter.
- Comfortable couches are scattered throughout Level 1, near the rental car area, baggage claim and airline ticketing counters.
- Comfortable couches can also be found on Level 2, but have a sleep mask handy, as one reviewer mentioned that the lights are bright up there!
- Have a travel blanket handy to keep warm against the A/C in summer or the cold air during winter!
- The airport is quiet at night. One reviewer mentioned that there were no overhead announcements. However, have ear plugs or noise cancelling headphones headphone handy in case the situation has changed!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport that provide free airport shuttles. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Syracuse Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges at this airport.
The Gregory J. Harris Military Courtesy Room - Lounge areas with comfortable seating and leather recliners, 26” LCD TV, blankets and pillows, free WIFI, gaming/TV room with Xbox 360 and games, use of laptop computers, DVDs and magazines, comfort kits (personal hygiene items), a variety of hot & cold beverages, snacks, and light meals, Ft Drum shuttle service (daily, from 5:00PM to 1:00AM), bus service to Watertown, NY (daily, from 7:15AM to 5:30PM), transportation and lodging assistance, and coordination of Troop Welcome Homes with NY Region 3 of the Patriot. Location: North Terminal, Baggage Claim Area. Hours: 7:00AM - 2:00AM (Mon-Sat) • 8:00AM - 2:00AM (Sun). *Open around-the-clock as needed to accommodate military personnel. Lounge Access: open to members of US Armed Forces and their families.
If sleeping in Syracuse Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Best Western Syracuse Airport Inn - (2 min walk from the airport terminal) Free airport shuttle service available.
- Holiday Inn Express Syracuse Airport - (5 min from the airport) Free shuttle service to the airport and local businesses.
- Candlewood Suites Syracuse Airport - (7 min from the airport) Free shuttle service to the airport and local businesses.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Syracuse Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Syracuse Airport. Connect to the "hancock_intl_airport" network.
- Art in the Airport - Art and scheduled live music exhibitions are on display in the airport.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - There is an ATM located next to the airport barber shop in the Main Lobby.
- Barber - Natale’s International Airport Barber Shop is located in the Main Lobby. Hours: 7:00AM - 6:00PM (Mon-Fri), 7:00AM - 5:30PM (Sat).
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Children's Play Area - Location: Level 1, Main Terminal, Conference Room area.
- Currency Exchange - not available
- "Discover the Airport" Exhibit - Interactive displays, close up view of aircraft landing gear and other equipment, and get a lesson on the signalling techniques used by guys out on the tarmac. Location: main floor in the center of the terminal.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate on varying schedules, with some open as early as 4:30AM. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options.
- Information Desk - Location: Main Entrance.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Mobile Charging - Available airside in both concourses, workstations offer comfortable seating while you charge your laptop and other electronic devices.
- Showers - not available
The airport is open 24 hours. The TSA security checkpoint is open 4:00AM - 9:00PM.
Keep in mind that airline check-in and baggage drop hours vary according the flight schedule. Check these hours with your airline. If you are in the public area of the terminal (landside) you will not be able to get through to the secure area of the terminal (airside) until the morning.
The following car rental agencies are located onsite in the main lobby of the airport terminal: Alamo/National, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz and Thrifty.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Best Western Syracuse Airport Inn • Candlewood Suites Syracuse Airport • Comfort Inn & Suites Syracuse Airport • Crowne Plaza Hotel • DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Syracuse • Embassy Suites by Hilton Syracuse • Hampton Inn Syracuse North (Airport Area) • Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Syracuse North - Airport Area • Holiday Inn Express Syracuse Airport • Holiday Inn Syracuse/Liverpool Airport Hotel • Homewood Suites Syracuse/Liverpool • Maplewood Suites Extended Stay • Parkview Hotel • Super 8 Syracuse • The Genesee Grande Hotel.
Taxis and Shuttles
Taxis and shared-ride shuttles are available outside of baggage claim from 5:00AM - 2:00AM. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required.
Last Updated: 24 June 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.