Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Ahvaz Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
AWZ Airport Overview
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what to expect during your time at Ahvaz International Airport.
What to Expect
The small Ahvaz Airport (code: AWZ) is separated into domestic and international terminals. Facilities include a few eateries and shops, some of which operate 24 hours. WiFi is available to help pass the time.
Sleeping in Ahvaz Airport
Unfortunately, we do not have any reviews from travellers who have passed through here. For uninterrupted sleep, hotels are nearby. See our Airport Hotels section below for more info or read some traveller airport reviews for more tips.
Some airport reviews and tips in this guide and elsewhere on the site were written before March 2020 and may no longer be valid. To help us keep this guide up-to-date, you can add or update information or write a review to submit airport tips and photos.
For more airport information continue scrolling down to explore more in our Ahvaz Airport Guide.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security. For more information on Europe’s Schengen Area, click here.
If sleeping in the airport sounds like a nightmare, there is a hotel near Ahvaz Airport:
With Covid restrictions constantly changing, we recommend that you confirm shuttle availability prior to booking and/or prior to your arrival.
- Oxin Hotel – No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
Visit Tripadvisor to see a list of hotels in Ahvaz, search deals and read traveller reviews.
As of this update, we were unable to confirm whether the airport has any first class or business lounges. If you know, click here to update this airport guide.
Internet access is available at Ahvaz Airport. However, as of this update, we are unable to confirm details. If you know, click here to update this airport guide.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
- ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Machines are operated by the National Bank of Iran. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: Unknown.
- Currency Exchange – The National Bank of Iran offers currency services in the Transit Area. Hours: Unknown.
- Duty Free & Shopping – 24-hour shopping is available.
- Food & Drinks – Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. 24-hour dining is available.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers – Unavailable.
- Medical Services – If you feel unwell or injure yourself, medical services are available.
- Mobile Charging – At the time of this update, we did not have any information about mobile charging availability. If you know, click here to update this airport guide.
- Rest Zones – There are no dedicated sleeping areas, quiet areas or rest zones. If this information has changed, click here to update this guide.
- Showers – Not available.
- SIM Cards – A reader has asked us to include where to buy SIM Cards. If you know, click here to update this airport guide.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Ahvaz airport is served by the following airlines: Turkish Airlines • Caspian • Iran Air • Iran Aseman Airlines • Mahan Air • Qeshm Airlines • Iran Air Tours • Atrak • Zagros.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
A bus route connects AWZ airport to the Ahvaz city center.
At the time of this update there were no hotels that provide an airport shuttle. See also Airport Hotels above.
Taxis are available.
Last updated: 2022-02-08
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.