Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Bacolod Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
you can sleep in the couch no one will bother you while waiting for your flight. – mole
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Bacolod–Silay International Airport.
What to Expect
- A modern single-terminal airport with three floors and limited shopping and dining options. If you find the airport’s food concessions pricey, there are a few food stalls located near the airport gates. Food options are said to be good, but limited.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
- The pre-departure area is crowded, unmanned, and reminiscent of a ferry terminal.
- Mosquitoes are abuzz in the the terminal, so wear mosquito repellent to keep them at bay!
Where to Sleep
- The pre-departures area is not ideal for an overnight stay. Although no specific sleeping spot was recommended, reviewers who spent the night at this airport had an uneventful stay. There are unpadded, but armrest-free benches available to lay across.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
At the time of this update there were no lounges that economy class travellers could access.
If you are a First & Business Class traveller, there is an airline lounge. For more information, check the airline’s web site.
- Philippines Airline Mabuhay Lounge (Main Terminal)
If sleeping in Bacolod Airport does not appeal to you, there are no hotels at or near the airport. The nearest hotels are a 15-30 minute drive away:
- Richmond Inn – Located less than 1 mile from the airport. Airport transfer available. » Check Rates
- Winbelle Pension – (5 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle is available for a fee. » Check Rates
- Nature’s Village Resort Hotel & Restaurant – (15 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle is available upon request ($). » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Bacolod Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is provided at Bacolod Airport. (submitted by a reader)
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
Baby Care Facilities – A baby care room is available for the care and breastfeeding of babies. Location: unknown.
Children’s Play Area – When you want to ensure your kids burn off all their energy before their flight, take them to the children’s play area. Location: unknown.
Information Desk – An Information Counter is available. Location: unknown.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Observation Deck – Relax and watch planes taking off and landing from the vantage point of the airport’s observation deck. Location: on the 3rd Floor.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
The airport is open 4:00AM to 11:00PM (submitted by a reader).
As of October 2018, Bacolod airport is served by the following airlines: Cebu Pacific • Philippine Airlines.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Several area hotels can arrange airport transportation service for their guests. Contact your hotel of choice for availability and details: Business Inn • Circle Inn Hotel & Suites • Goldenfield Kundutel Hotel • MO2 Westown Hotel Bacolod – Downtown • MO2 Westown Hotel – Mandalagan • The Sugarland Hotel.
A cheaper alternative to taxis, shared ride vans run between between the airport and several destinations. At the time of our last update, the typical fare for a single ride for one person is ₱100 – 150. Unfortunately we do not have the current rate.
Metered taxis are available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport, during airport hours of operation.
Last updated: 2018-10-23
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected] and we will update this guide.