Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Bishkek Manas Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
It’s quiet in the night time, personnel and security people were there all the time – no homeless or drug addicts. – kiterunner
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Bishkek Manas International Airport.
What to Expect
- A small international airport with clean facilities, very limited shopping and a 24-hour self-service cafe.
- A majority of flights to Europe leave very early in the morning, so the busiest time at this airport is at night.
- Check-in lines can be long and slow during this time. There are only two departure gates, but getting to the right one can be confusing because when the airport is crowded, the lines for passport control get mixed up with those waiting to check in.
- Possible language barrier. Arrive at the airport early enough to allow yourself time to figure out how to get to your gate!
- Currency exchange rates are high at this airport, so try to change your money in town.
- Power outlets for mobile charging are available.
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
- There are plenty of armrest-free seats available in the main hall near the terminal entrance, but according to most reviewers, you may not get much sleep, as night time and very early morning are the busiest times at the airport. Otherwise, the airport is a safe and hassle-free place to sleep.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels approx. 45 minutes from the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter by paying at the door or through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
- Manas Airport VIP Lounge – Location: Airside, 1st Floor. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door. [ more lounge info ]
- Business Lounge – Location: International Terminal, Airside. Hours: open 24 hours. Showers are available. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
If sleeping in Bishkek Manas International Airport does not appeal to you, it is best to head back towards Bishkek city center, as there are no hotels near the airport. Here are some hotel suggestions based on Tripadvisor reviews:
- Southside Guest House – (45 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers can be arranged directly with the hotel ($). » Check Rates
- Onyx Hotel – (45 minutes from the airport) Free one-way airport transfer when booking for more than 3 days, otherwise contact the hotel and they will arrange service for $10.00USD each way. » Check Rates
- Golden Dragon Hotel – (45 minutes from the airport) Free roundtrip airport transfers. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Manas Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Bishkek Manas Airport. If you have difficulty connecting, there is a cafe next to the main exit that offers free WiFi with purchase.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: unknown.
Baby Care Facilities – Two rooms are available at the airport including sleeping places, change tables, microwaves, hot and cold water. Locations: 1st and 2nd floor of the airport. Hours: 24 hours (daily). Note, rooms are available for mothers and their children to a maximum age of 7.
Bank Services – An Aiyl bank offers traditional banking services including currency exchange. Location: 2nd Floor, East Wing. Hours: 24 hours (daily).
Children’s Play Area – Let your children burn off some energy before flying. The play room offers games, play structures and TVs. Location: Airside, 3rd Floor. Hours: 24 hours.
Currency Exchange – 3 providers offer services at four locations in the airport. Location: 1st and 2nd Floors. Hours: 24 hours (daily).
Duty Free and Shopping – The airport offers two duty free shopping outlets as well as a small selection of souvenir and convenience type shops. All shops operate 24 hours a day.
Food & Drinks – There are a total of twelve cafes and restaurants available at the airport. All food and beverage concessions operate 24 hours a day.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Yes. Information not available
Luggage Wrapping – Services include wrapping, luggage protection insurance and sale of luggage accessories. Locations. Domestic Terminal, 1st Floor • International Terminal, 2 locations near the check-in counters. Hours: 24 hours (daily).
Medical Services – Free medical services are provided at the airport. Location: West Wing, 1st Floor, near domestic airlines. Hours: 24 hours (daily).
Pharmacy – There is a pharmacy available in the East Wing and West Wing. Hours: 24 hours (daily).
Post Office – Yes. According to a recent reviewer (2016), the hours are from 7:00AM – 5:00PM.
Prayer Rooms – Yes
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Available in the Business Lounge. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
Smoking – Smoking is permitted airside in designated smoking lounges. Locations: Airside, 2nd Floor • Airside, 3rd Floor, this location also offers a bar, shelves for hand luggage and TV’s. Hours: 24 hours (daily).
The airport is open 24 hours.
As of October 2018, Manas airport is served by the following airlines: Aeroflot • Air Astana • Air Manas • Avia Traffic • China Southern • Emirates • Fly Dubai • Pegasus Airlines • S7 Airlines • Tez Jet • Turkish Airlines • Ural Airlines.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
There are several hotels that provide an airport shuttle or transfers either for free or with a charge. [ See Airport Hotels above ]
Taxis are readily available in the ground transportation area of the airport, and will either charge a pre-negotiated rate or run the meter for you. Taxis can also be booked and prepaid in advance.
Last updated: 2018-10-26
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected] and we will update this guide.