Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Busan Gimhae Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
The airport is closed at night, we had to stay at the hotel at sasang. – Firdaus
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Busan Gimhae International Airport.
What to Expect
- A bright and modern international airport with two terminals (Domestic and International) and a variety of shops and restaurants
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter one of the airport’s first class lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
- Overnight stays are currently not permitted at this airport.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter by paying at the door or through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
- KAL Lounge – Location: multiple locations – one in the Domestic Terminal and one in the International Terminal. Lounge Access: Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
- Asiana Lounge – Location: International Terminal, Airside, 3rd Floor. [ more lounge info ]
- Sky Hub Lounge – Location: International Terminal, Airside, 3rd Floor, between Gates 9 and 10. Lounge Access: Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
- Paid Waiting Room – Location: Domestic Terminal, 2nd floor General Waiting Room. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (55,000 Won per 5 people for 2 hours).
- Paid Waiting Room – Location: Domestic Terminal, 1st floor Arrivals Waiting Room. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (55,000 Won per 5 people for 2 hours).
- Paid Waiting Room – Location: International Terminal, 2nd floor General Waiting Room. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (77,000 Won per 5 people for 2 hours).
If sleeping in Busan Gimhae Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Airport Hotel – (3 minutes from the airport) Located at the boundary of the Gimhae International Airport, this is the closest hotel to the airport. Free airport transfers are available. » Check Rates
- Hotel Paragon – (10 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle, but the hotel is located near the Gimhae Airport light rail subway line (just 1 stop from airport). » Check Rates
- Hotel Lazzi – (15 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Busan Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Busan Gimhae Airport. For those without mobile devices, internet terminals are available for use, free of charge, in the Busan Bank internet lounge on 3F in the International Terminal.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
Art in the Airport – An art hall is located in the center of 3F, Domestic Terminal.
Baby Care Facilities – Nursery locations: Domestic Terminal, 2F • International Terminal, 2F • International Terminal, 3F.
Banking Services – Korea Exchange Bank and Busan Bank. Location: International Terminal, 1F (Arrivals and Departures) • Domestic Terminal, 1F (Korea Exchange Bank) • Domestic Terminal, 2F (Busan Bank).
Changing Room – Location: International Terminal, 1F.
Currency Exchange – Busan Bank and Korea Exchange Bank. Location: International Terminal Departures, airside, 2F.
Duty Free & Shopping – Dufry duty-free shopping is available in the International Terminal, airside, 2F. A variety of retail shops are available on 1F and 2F in both International and Domestic terminals.
Family Services – Strollers are available for rental from the airport Information Desk. Location: 1st Floor, Domestic Terminal.
Food & Drinks – A wide variety of food concessions operate throughout the airport on varying schedules with most open from 6:00AM – 9:00PM. 7/11 is also available in both the Domestic and International Terminals for something on the go. At the time of this update, there were no 24-hour options.
Garden – Take a stroll in the outdoor garden. Location: Domestic Terminal, 3F.
Information Desk -Locations: International Terminal 1F and 2F • Domestic Terminal 1F
Luggage Storage & Lockers – CJ Korea Express Baggage Storage charges 5,000 – 10,000 KRW per piece of luggage, per 24-hour period. Two locations: International Terminal, 2F (Hours: 6:00AM – 9:00PM) • Domestic Terminal, 2F (Hours: 8:30AM – 8:30PM).
Medical Services – Urgent and emergency medical care are available at Gimhae International Airport Clinic / Paik Hospital. Location: Domestic Terminal, 1F.
Mobile Charging – Recharge your mobile devices free of charge in both terminals.
Pharmacy – Hana Pharmacy. Two locations: International Terminal, 2nd Floor • Domestic Terminal, 2F.
Post Office – Location: International Terminal, 1F.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
As of November 2018, Busan Gimhae airport is served by the following airlines: Air Busan • Asiana Airlines • China Airlines • Eastar Jet • Japan Air • Jeju Air • Jin Air • Korean Air • Philippine Airlines • Vietnam Airlines.
According to the airport website “The airport closes from 11:00PM to 5:00AM next morning, all the passengers are not allowed to stay in the airport terminal”.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
The airport is well connected to the bus system and offers travellers many options as far as comfort, convenience and price goes. Buses are available at both the Domestic and International Terminals. If you are looking for a bus from the International Terminal head to the Information Desk for assistance. The Domestic Terminal has a dedicated bus office if you need to need help deciding which bus is best for you.
The following car rental agencies are available onsite in the Domestic Terminal, 1st Floor: Kumho Rent-A-Car • Samsung Rent-A-Car • Tongil Ro Rent-A-Car. Jeju Rent-A-Car is located on the 2nd Floor of the Domestic Terminal.
At the time of this update, we were unable to find any hotels that provide hotel shuttle service other than the Airport Hotel. [ see Airport Hotels above ]
The terminals are connected by a free shuttle which runs between the car park (every 10 minutes), the International Terminal (every 3 minutes) and the Domestic Terminal (every 5 minutes) during the hours of 5:50AM and 10:40PM.
The Busan Gimhae Light Rail connects the airport to Metro lines 2 and 3. A ride between the airport and city center takes about 60 minutes, and to/from Haeundae is about 90 minutes.
Metered taxis are readily available in the ground transportation area of the airport. At the time of this November 2018 update, a ride in a “regular” taxi during daytime hours costs about ₩18,000 to/from the city center (Seomyeon). For almost double the cost, “deluxe” taxis are also available.
Last updated: 2018-11-07
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected] and we will update this guide.