Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Cuiaba Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
We looked around for a good half hour and the only ‘safe’ thing we decided on was sleeping in clear view, in the corner of the observation area, just near the police office. – jane_and_rosey
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Cuiaba Airport.
What to Expect
- A single-terminal international airport with several shops and 24-hour dining options located on the upper floor.
- The airport is noisy and busy at all hours of the night, so have a sleep mask and earplugs or noise-cancelling headphones handy to ensure a good night’s rest!
- WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Travelers find the corner of the observation deck nearest to the airport police station to be the safest place in the airport to sleep. All seating has armrests, so have a travel mat or sleeping bag handy and snag a choice spot on the floor!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges in the airport.
If sleeping in Cuiaba Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hits Pantanel Hotel – Located 200m from the airport terminal. Free airport shuttle is available. » Check Rates
- Diplomata Hotel – Located 300m from the airport terminal. Free 24-hour airport shuttle service. » Check Rates
- Cerrados Park Hotel – (8 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle is available. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Cuiaba Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Cuiaba Airport. Connect to the ”Infraero Gratis” network.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Machines are operated by Banco do Brasil, Bradesco, Federal Savings Bank, HSBC, Itaú and Santander. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Location: Landside, Ground Floor, behind the Elevator.
Baby Care Facilities – Location: Departures Level, Upper Floor, in the bathroom to the side of the Food Court.
Currency Exchange – MVI Agencia de Viajes y Turismo – Location: Landside, Arrivals Hall. Hours: 8:00 AM – 11:00 AM • 01:00 PM – 06:00 PM (Monday – Friday) • 08:00 AM – 12:00 PM (Saturday)
Food & Drinks – Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. These options are open 24 hours: Bob’s • Bolo de Arroz • Cafe Gourmet • Chili Beans • Kikiô Lanchonete e Restaurante • Rei do Pão de Queijo • Root’s Cafe • Snacks Fly Café. Vending machines are also available.
Information Desk – Location: Landside, Arrivals Hall – Hours: open 24 hours.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Luggage Wrapping – Protec Bag provides services on the Ground Floor. Hours: 24 hours.
Post Office – Location: Landside, First Floor, next to Police Stand – Hours: 08:00 AM – 05:00 PM (Monday – Friday).
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
The airport is open 24 hours.
As of November 2018, Cuiaba airport is served by the following airlines: Asta • Avianca • Azul • GOL • LATAM • Passaredo.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
The following car rental agencies are available onsite: Hertz • Localiza • Movida • Referência Rent a Car.
Metered taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport.
Last updated: 2018-11-16
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected] and we will update this guide.