Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Daegu Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
Unfortunately there’s no way to sleep inside the airport. There are also no busses at night time to the airport so we had to “sleep” outside. ” – a traveller
TAE Airport Overview
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down about what to expect during your time at Daegu Airport.
What to Expect
Daegu Airport (code: TAE) has a small, modern terminal that offers domestic and international flights. Facilities include a few eateries serving Korean and Western fare, plus some shops, though nothing is open 24 hours. Free WiFi helps pass the time. For added comfort, economy class passengers can pay to enter an airport lounge. See Airport Lounges in the guide below for location and access information.
Sleeping in Daegu Airport
We do not have any recent sleep-related airport reviews, but according to an old review, lie-flat benches are available. For uninterrupted sleep, a hotel is connected to the airport. See our Airport Hotels section below for more info or read some traveller airport reviews for more tips.
To help us keep this guide up-to-date, you can add or update information or write a review to submit airport tips and photos. You can also visit the airport’s web site for current information. For more airport information continue scrolling down to explore more in our Daegu Airport Guide.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security. For more information on Europe’s Schengen Area, click here.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there is a lounge that you can enter through a lounge membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
- KAL Lounge – Location: Landside, 2nd Floor. Lounge Access: Lounge membership programs.
Related Pages: Daegu Airport Lounges
If sleeping in the airport sounds like a nightmare, visit Tripadvisor to see a list of hotels near Daegu Airport that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Daegu Airport. Internet kiosks are also available.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
- Baby Care Facilities – Changing table, crib, washbasin, nursing room, and more are available in the Maternity Lounge. There is a Maternity Lounge on each end of the Departures waiting area on the 2nd floor, and one at the Domestic Departures waiting area on the 1st floor.
- Children’s Play Area – Information not available.
- Currency Exchange – Daegu Bank provides full-service banking and currency exchange services. Locations: Landside, Arrivals Hall 1st Floor. Hours: 9:00AM – 4:00PM (Banks) • 5:00AM – 10:30PM (Currency Exchange).
- Duty Free & Shopping – Grand Tourist Hotel Duty-Free Shop offers duty-free shopping on the 2nd floor. A small selection of other stores also operate on the 1st and 2nd Floor.
- Food & Drinks – Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options. Food options include: Angel-In-Us Coffee • Baskin Robbins • Bonjuk & Bibimbab Cafe • Dalkomm Coffee • Krispy Kreme • Osaka Kitchen. Most restaurants are open 6:00AM – 9:00PM.
- Information Desk – Have any questions? There are information desks to answer any inquiries. Locations: Arrivals Hall, 1st Floor. Hours: 9:00AM – 7:00PM.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
- Mobile Charging – Mobile charging is available. It is unknown at this time if the service is available free of charge.
- Phone Rentals – Need to rent a local phone? Location: 1st Floor. Hours: 5:00AM – 10:00PM. Rates: Unknown.
- Rest Zones – There are no dedicated sleeping areas, quiet areas or rest zones. If this information has changed, click here to update this guide.
- Showers – Not available.
- SIM Cards – A reader has asked us to include where to buy SIM Cards. If you know, click here to update this airport guide.
A reader tells us the airport is open from 5:00AM – 11:00PM. Sleeping in the airport overnight is not possible. (April 2019)
Daegu airport is served by the following airlines: Air China • Air Pusan • Asiana Airlines • China Eastern Airlines • Jeju Air • Korean Air • Tiger Air • T’Way Air • Vietjet.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
The Samchully Rentacar has an agency onsite. Location: Landside, 1st Floor. Hours: 6:30AM – 9:00PM.
At the time of this update, we were unable to find any hotels that provide airport shuttle service. See also Airport Hotels above.
The airport served by a number of express buses. Visit the Daegu Airport website for routes.
The nearest subway station is “Ayanggyo Station” on line 1. There are buses connecting to the station (#401 or #104) or for a faster connection, take a taxi. For further subway information, visit the DTRO website.
Yes. See the Daigu Airport website for sample fares.
Last updated: 2023-03-23
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, is subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers, and their websites. We are not representatives of any of the above-mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.