Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Davao Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
the design is humble yet pleasant… you’ll definitely love this airport.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Davao Francisco Bangoy International Airport.
What to Expect
- A spacious and modern single-terminal international airport with clean and simple facilities and friendly airport staff. A wide variety of interesting shops and food concessions is available, mostly landside. Most reviewers describe this airport as the best in the Phillippines.
- Plenty of comfortable seating available!
- Despite the high volume of travellers, airport procedures are organized and efficient.
- Power outlets are not located in areas that are convenient to the waiting area.
Where to Sleep
- Although the seating is considered comfortable by many of our reviewers, the seats are made of aluminum and have armrests, so you’ll have to sleep sitting up. Have a travel blanket handy, as the air-conditioning keeps the air frigid inside the terminal!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there is a lounge that you can enter through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
- Miascor Lounge – Location: Airside, Departures, 2nd Floor. Lounge Access: Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
- PAGSS Lounge (Domestic) – Location: Airside, Domestic Departures, 2nd Floor, opposite Gate 4. Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
- PAGSS Lounge (International) – Location: Airside, International Departures, 2nd Floor, near Gate 4. Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
If sleeping in Davao Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Waterfront Insular Hotel – (7 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers are available. for a fee. » Check Rates
- Hotel Elena – (2.5 miles from the airport) Free airport shuttle is available upon request, during the hours of 6:00AM – 9:00PM only. » Check Rates
- Hotel Tropika – (9 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle is available upon request (supply them with your flight # so they can monitor ypour flight arrival). » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Davao Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
WiFi is available at Davao Airport inside the lounge. [ see Airport Lounges above ] At the time of this update, we did not have any information about WiFi availability elsewhere in the terminal.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
Food & Drinks – There are two food kiosks
Information Desk – Not available.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
The airport is open 24 hours.
As of February 2018, Davao airport is served by the following airlines: Cebu Pacific • Philippine Airlines • AirAsia • SilkAir • SkyJet.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Several car rental agencies serve Davao Airport. Contact your service provider of choice for rates and reservations.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service for their guests. Contact your hotel of choice for availability and details: Be-ing Suites • Crown Regency Residences Davao • Green Windows Dormitel • Hotel Tropika Davao • Mamay Inn & Resort • Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Davao • Park Inn by Radisson Davao • Seda Abreeza Davao • Waterfront Insular Hotel Davao.
Travel like the locals do! If you’re traveling light and want to save a little money, you can catch a jeepney along the highway, about a 5 – 10 minute walk from the airport terminal. Jeepneys run 24 hours a day. Before you hop in, make sure the jeepney you catch is going to your destination! At the time of this December 2017 update, a typical fare will cost around Php10-15 to and from the city centre.
Metered taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport. Few taxis accept credit or debit cards, so have cash ready if possible. At the time of this December 2017 update, a typical fare will cost around Php150 to and from the city centre.
Last updated: 2018-10-23
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected] and we will update this guide.