Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Dayton Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
DAY Airport Overview
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down about what to expect during your time at Dayton International Airport.
What to Expect
Dayton Airport (code: DAY) consists of a partially renovated terminal with two concourses (A and B). Both concourses contain various options for dining and shopping. After these services close down for the night, vending machines are the only food and drink options, so plan accordingly. WiFi is available and power outlets for charging mobile devices are said to be plentiful. There are no private lounges at this airport.
Sleeping in Dayton Airport
After security checkpoints close for the night, all passengers are restricted to the landside areas, and must re-clear security the next day when the checkpoints open. There are reportedly plenty of armrest-free couches near the baggage claim. Other comfortable seating is present throughout the landside. For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the guide below or read some traveller airport reviews for more tips.
Some airport reviews and tips in this guide and elsewhere on the site were written before March 2020 and may no longer be valid. To help us keep this guide up-to-date, you can add or update information or write a review to submit airport tips and photos.
For more airport information continue scrolling down to explore more in our Dayton Airport Guide.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security. For more information on Europe’s Schengen Area, click here.
If sleeping in the airport sounds like a nightmare, there are hotels near Dayton Airport:
With Covid restrictions constantly changing, we recommend that you confirm shuttle availability prior to booking and/or prior to your arrival.
- Super 8 by Wyndham Vandalia/Dayton International Airport – Free airport shuttle is available. » Check Rates
- Clarion Inn Dayton Airport – Free airport shuttle is available. » Check Rates
- Hampton Inn & Suites Dayton Airport – Free airport shuttle is available. » Check Rates
For more options, visit Tripadvisor to see a list of hotels near Dayton Airport that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
At the time of this update, pay-per-use lounges were not available. If this information is not correct, click here to update this airport guide.
USO Lounge – The USO offers a lounge that is free of charge to active members of the US military and their families. Location: Ticketing Lobby, to the right of the main entrance, in front of the airline ticket counters.
Related Pages: Dayton Airport Lounges
Airport WiFi / Internet
Free WiFi is available at Dayton Airport. Connect to the “Fly DAY Public” network.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
- Art in the Airport – Cultural art exhibitions are available in Concourses A and B.
- ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: Landside, Ticketing lobby • Airside, across from the Heritage Book Store.
- Baby Care Facilities – If you are travelling with an infant, there are Mother’s Rooms for breastfeeding and diaper-changing in Concourse A and Concourse B. There are also family washrooms throughout the airport.
- Business Travelers Center – Location: Hours: 8:00AM – 3:00PM (Mon – Fri) • Closed on Saturdays and Sundays. Rate: Free for all Dayton Area Chamber of Commerce members and their employees, as well as all military personnel and to all business travellers. Courtesy Phones – Offering free local calls. Located throughout the terminal.
- Currency Exchange – Not available.
- Drinking Water – Thirsty? Water bottle refill stations are available free of charge. Locations: adjacent to the restrooms in each concourse.
- Duty Free & Shopping – Duty Free is not available here and shopping is limited to mostly newspaper shops, the Dayton Marketplace (Airside, Gate B14) offers gourmet food and souvenirs.
- Food & Drinks – At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options.Most food concessions open between 4:30AM – 5:00AM and close after the last flight departure, approximately 7:30PM. Vending machines can be found throughout the terminal (landside and airside).
- Information Desk – Location: Baggage Claim area. Hours: 6:00AM – 9:00PM (Mon – Fri) • 9:00AM – 3:00PM (Sat) • 11:30AM – 6:00PM (Sun)
- Luggage Carts – Located throughout the terminal and at curbside for $3 per use.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
- Meditation Room – The Meditation Room is currently closed for renovations. Travelers can expect a new room to be completed in early 2019.
- Mobile Charging – Mobile charging is available free of charge at charging stations attached to seats located in front of each boarding gate, or wall charging areas in each concourse .
- Postal Services – Drop off your last minute postcards to friends and family from the airport’s mailbox. Location: Terminal Building, Airside, across from Boston Stoker.
- Rest Zones – There are no dedicated sleeping areas, quiet areas or rest zones. If this information has changed, click here to update this guide.
- Showers – Not available.
- SIM Cards – A reader has asked us to include where to buy SIM Cards. If you know, click here to update this airport guide.
- Smoking – Smoking is prohibited at Dayton Airport. Designated smoking areas are indicated at airport.
The airport is open 24 hours. The TSA security checkpoint is open 4:00AM – 8:00PM.
Keep in mind that airline check-in and baggage drop hours vary according to the flight schedule. Check these hours with your airline. If you are in the public area of the terminal (landside) you will not be able to get through to the secure area of the terminal (airside) until the morning.
Dayton airport is served by the following airlines: Allegiant • American Airlines • Delta Air Lines • United Airlines.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
RTA bus route 43 travels a route between Dayton Airport, Vandalia, Northwoods Blvd. and Peters Pike. For route map, schedule and fares, visit the Dayton RTA website.
The following car rental agencies have service counters in the baggage claim area: Alamo • Avis • Budget • Dollar/Thrifty • Enterprise • Hertz • National.
See also Airport Hotels above.
Prearranged van and car services may be scheduled to and from the Dayton Airport. There is a kiosk at the Terminal entrance where you can get more information on the companies that are permitted to provide service at the Airport or visit the Dayton Airport website.
Taxis are available in the ground transportation area from 7:00AM – 12:00AM, or 30 minutes past the arrival of the last flight of the day. All taxis are metered and reservations are not required.
Last updated: 2022-07-11
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.