Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Fukuoka Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
I sank down into my comfy seat and tried vaguely to hide – and then claimed all innocence when accosted by an airport employee who in turn called the police – the airport police, that is! – Selina
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Fukuoka Airport.
What to Expect
- A large and modern international airport, with separate terminal buildings for domestic and international flights. A variety of shopping and dining options is available.
- Check out the observation deck for cool views of the runway!
- Free WiFi is is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter one of the airport’s first class lounges. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
- Overnight stays are not permitted at this airport.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter by paying at the door or through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
- KAL Lounge – Location: International Terminal, Airside, 3F, Gate 56. Lounge Access: Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
- Relaxing Lounge Time – Location: Domestic Terminal 2, 3F. Showers and Nap rooms are available. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (1000/500YEN) • cardholders from certain credit card companies can gain access to the lounge.
- Lounge TIME International – Location: International Terminal, 3F, Airside, near Gate 56. Lounge Access: Pay at the door 1,000 Yen (cardholders from certain credit card companies can gain free access to the lounge).
If sleeping in Fukuoka Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
Inside Airport Relaxing Lounge Time – For a nap or shower, head over to Relaxing Lounge TIME in Domestic Terminal 2, Building 3F. Open from 6:30AM to 8:30PM year round, the lounge is available on a pay-per-use basis. Private rooms are 700 Yen plus tax (per hour) and shower rooms are 800 Yen plus tax (per hour).
Near Airport Hyatt Regency Fukuoka – (10 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers are not available. » Check Rates
Near Airport Anchor Hotel Hakata – (10 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
Near Airport the b hakata – (10 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Fukuoka Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Fukuoka Airport. Service is available in the Domestic Terminals 1, 2, and 3 in the 2F Departure Lounges and in the International Terminal in the 3F Departures Lounge.
The airport offers eleven internet kiosks and computer workstations for a fee. 100 Yen for 10 minutes.
- WiFi – see “Airport WiFi/Internet” above.
- Baby Care Facilities – For your comfort and convenience while feeding your baby, hot water dispensers and privacy stalls are available in the airport Nursing Rooms. Locations: Domestic Terminal South (4 locations) • Domestic Terminal North (3 locations) • International Terminal 1F (Arrivals Lobby – North and South) • International Terminal 3F (Departure Lobbies and Boarding Lobbies – North and South).
- Baby Protection Seats – Baby changing tables, and changing boards are found in some restrooms throughout the airport.
- Family Restrooms – Available in Domestic Terminal South 1F and Domestic Terminal North 2F boarding lounge (women’s restroom only).
- Rental strollers – Available for use on a first come, first serve basis. To borrow a stroller, inquire at any Information Desk on 1F in the airport.
Food & Drinks
- Food & Drinks – Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules with most open from 6:00AM – 9:45PM. There are no 24-hour dining options. Vending machines are also available in the airport.
- Information Desk – Locations: Domestic Terminal South 1F • Domestic Terminal North 1F • International Terminal Departure Lobby 3F • International Terminal Arrival Lobby 1F. Hours: Vary per location, but most are open from 7:45AM until last flight arrival.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers –
- The Left Luggage office is available at the Fukuoka Airport Building Baggage Storage Counter in the International terminal, first floor. Hours: 8:00AM – 9:40PM. Rates: According to a recent review (June, 2016), the storage fee is ¥600 per calendar day for a medium-sized piece of luggage. The overnight rate (stored until next morning) for a medium-sized luggage is ¥1200.
- Lockers are available in these locations: Domestic Terminal 1, 1F ( behind ANA FESTA ) • Domestic Terminal 2, 1F ( in front of JAL counter ) • Domestic Terminal 2F, 1F ( beside Nippon Express counter ) • Terminal 3, 1F ( beside Convenience Store D ) • International Terminal 1F ( beside Eastern ) • International 1F ( beside Convenience Store I ) • International Terminal 3F ( beside BOOK AND CRAFT ). Lockers have a maximum storage time of 7 days. Locker rates are 300 yen (small) • 400 yen (medium) • 500 yen (large) and 600 yen (extra large). Hours: Domestic Terminal: 7:000AM – 9:00PM • International Terminal: 7:00AM – 10:00PM.
- Medical Services – The Maruoka Clinic offers medical services. Location: Domestic Terminal 2F, North. Hours: 9:00AM – 12:30PM and 2:00PM – 6:00PM (Mon – Wed, Fri) • 9:00AM – 12:00PM and 3:00PM – 6:00PM (Thurs) and 9:00AM – 1:00PM Saturdays (closed Sundays and holidays). A Dental Clinic is also available beside the clinic. Hours: 9:30AM – 1:30PM and 3:00PM – 7:00PM (Mon – Fri) and 9:30AM – 1:30PM Saturdays (closed Sundays and holidays).
- Pharmacy – AKO Pharmacy, Domestic Terminal 2F, North. Hours: 9:00AM – 7:00PM (weekdays) and 9:00AM – 1:30PM Saturdays (closed Sundays and holidays).
- Mobile Charging – There are currently 9 mobile charging units in the Domestic and International terminals. Rate: 200 yen for 20 minutes charge.
- ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: Domestic Terminal North 1F and 2F • Domestic Terminal South 1F • International Terminal 1F and 3F. A Bank of Fukuoka foreign currency ATM is available in International Terminal 3F.
- Banking Services – Bank of Fukuoka and Nishi-Nippon City Bank have full-service branches in Domestic Terminal South B1F. Bank of Fukuoka has a second full-service branch in International Terminal 2F. Edy and Waon electronic money changers are also available in the airport.
- Currency Exchange – Currency exchange is available in the following locations:
- Domestic Terminal South B1F – Bank of Fukuoka • Nishi-Nippon City Bank
- International Terminal 1F – TISCO Japan International.
- Terminal 2F – Bank of Fukuoka
- International Terminal 3F – Shinhan Bank • TISCO Japan • Travelex Bank of Fukuoka has a foreign currency ATM in International Terminal 3F.
- Prayer Room – Location: International Terminal, 4F. Hours: 6:00AM – 9:40PM.
Rest & Relaxation
- Hotels – see “Airport Hotels” above.
- Lounges – see “Airport Lounges” above.
- Massage Chairs – Can be found throughout the airport. Rates: 200 yen/10 minutes.
- Rest Zones – Not available.
- Duty Free & Shopping – Duty-free shopping is available in the International Terminal (Hours: 8:00AM – last flight departure). A wide variety of retail stores, gift boutiques, and sweet shops are available throughout both Domestic and International terminals.
Showers, Salon & Spa
- Massages – Refre Japan offers massage services. Location: Domestic Terminal South 1F. Hours: 8:30AM – 8:30PM.
- Showers – Not available.
- Smoking Area – Designated smoking areas are available in these locations: Domestic Terminal South 2F and 3F • Domestic Terminal North 1F and 2F • International Terminal 1F, 3F, and 4F.
Things to do & see
- Observation Deck – There are 4 observation areas from which to watch the action on the runway. All viewing galleries are open to the public for free. Access: Domestic Terminal Terminal 1, 3F (Hours: 7:00AM – 8:00PM) • Domestic Terminal 2, 4F (Hours: 7:00AM – 9:30PM) from this location you can also climb Staircase F to the great view room which includes vending machines (7:00AM – 9:30PM) • International Terminal 4F North and South Side (Hours: 7:30AM – 8:30PM).
The airport is open from 6:00AM until 10:30PM, or after last flight of the day.
As of February 2018, Fukuoka airport is served by the following airlines: ANA • Cathay Pacific • EVA Air • Japan Airlines • Asiana Airlines • China Airlines • Korean Air • China Eastern • Philippine Airlines • Air Canada • Air China.
Location: Terminals 1, 2 and 3 – Arrivals Level. If you did not make reservations you can do so at the one of the airports many information desks. The following companies have car rental offices onsite: Toyota Rentalease • Nissan Car Rental • Nippon Rent-A-Car • Times Mobility • Yamae Rent/ORIX Rent-a-car • IDEX Auto.
The airport operates a free shuttle bus to transport passengers between the International and Domestic Terminals. Frequency: every 5-8 minutes.
- Buses – City buses, express buses and high-speed express buses depart from the bus stands. Check fares and schedules on the Nishitetsu web site.
- Subway – The Fukuoka City Subway station is located inside the Domestic Terminal building. For fares, maps and more information, visit the Fukuoka Airport website.
Taxis are readily available at both the Domestic and International Terminals
Last updated: 2018-10-23
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected] and we will update this guide.