Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Fukuoka Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
I sank down into my comfy seat and tried vaguely to hide – and then claimed all innocence when accosted by an airport employee who in turn called the police – the airport police, that is! – Selina
FUK Airport Overview
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down about what to expect during your time at Fukuoka Airport.
What to Expect
Fukuoka Airport (Code: FUK) has four large terminals, so anticipate a lot of walking. The domestic terminals of T1, T2, and T3 are connected and the fourth, the international terminal, is in a separate building. A free, frequent bus connects the terminals.
Amenities include dozens of eateries, serving both Asian and Western fare, and duty-free and retail shops. Pass the time with pay-to-use massage chairs, scattered throughout the airport, and stay connected using the free WiFi in the departure areas. For added comfort while you wait, economy class passengers can pay to enter three airport lounges. See Airport Lounges in the guide below for location and access information.
Sleeping in Fukuoka Airport
This airport closes nightly by 10:30PM, reopening at 6:00AM, so it is not possible to spend the night here. For uninterrupted sleep, you can rent nap or shower rooms at Relaxing Lounge Time in Terminal 2. Otherwise, other hotels are near. See our Airport Hotels section below for more info or read some traveller airport reviews for more tips.
Some airport reviews and tips in this guide and elsewhere on the site were written before March 2020 and may no longer be valid. To help us keep this guide up-to-date, you can add or update information or write a review to submit airport tips and photos.
For more airport information continue scrolling down to explore more in our Fukuoka Airport Guide.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security. For more information on Europe’s Schengen Area, click here.
If sleeping in the airport sounds like a nightmare, there are hotels near Fukuoka Airport:Inside Airport Relaxing Lounge Time – For a nap or shower, head over to Relaxing Lounge TIME in International Terminal Building 3F, near Gate 56 and Domestic Terminal Building 1F. Open from 6:30AM to 8:30PM. Private rooms are 1,100 Yen plus tax (per hour) and shower rooms are 800 Yen plus tax (per hour).
- Hotel Nexus Hakata Sanno » Check Rates
- Hotel Front Inn Fukuoka Airport » Check Rates
- Hotel GranView Fukuoka Airport » Check Rates
For more options, visit Tripadvisor to see a list of hotels near Fukuoka Airport that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter by paying at the door or through a lounge membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
- Relaxing Lounge Time – Location: Domestic Terminal 2, 3F. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (1000/500YEN) • cardholders from certain credit card companies can gain access to the lounge.
- KAL Lounge – Location: International Terminal, Airside, 3F, Gate 56. Lounge Access: Lounge membership programs.
- Lounge TIME International – Location: International Terminal, 3F, Airside, near Gate 56. Lounge Access: Pay at the door 1,000 Yen (cardholders from certain credit card companies can gain free access to the lounge).
If you are a First or Business Class traveller you may have access to the lounges listed below. For more information, check the airline’s website.
- JAL Diamond and Sakura Lounges – Locations: Domestic Terminal South, Airside, 2F. Hours: 6:00AM – last JAL Airline flight departure. Lounge Access: KAL First Class Passengers • JMB Diamond Members • JGC Premier Members.
- ANA Lounge – Location: Domestic Terminal South, Airside, 2F. Hours: 6:00AM – last flight departure.
- Lounge Fukuoka – Location: International Terminal 3F, Airside, near Gate 55. Hours: first Fukuoka Airlines flight departure – last Fukuoka Airlines flight departure. Lounge Access: Fukuoka Airlines Business Class ticket.
Related Pages: Fukuoka Airport Lounges
Free WiFi is available at Fukuoka Airport. Service is available in the Domestic Terminals 1, 2, and 3 in the 2F Departure Lounges and in the International Terminal in the 3F Departures Lounge.
The airport offers eleven internet kiosks and computer workstations for a fee. 100 Yen for 10 minutes.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
- SIM Cards – A reader has asked us to include where to buy SIM Cards. If you know, click here to update this airport guide.
- WiFi – see “Airport WiFi/Internet” above.
- Baby Care Facilities – For your comfort and convenience while feeding your baby, hot water dispensers and privacy stalls are available in the airport Nursing Rooms. Locations: Domestic Terminal South (4 locations) • Domestic Terminal North (3 locations) • International Terminal 1F (Arrivals Lobby – North and South) • International Terminal 3F (Departure Lobbies and Boarding Lobbies – North and South).
- Baby Protection Seats – Baby changing tables, and changing boards are found in some restrooms throughout the airport.
- Family Restrooms – Available in Domestic Terminal South 1F and Domestic Terminal North 2F boarding lounge (women’s restroom only).
- Rental strollers – Available for use on a first come, first serve basis. To borrow a stroller, inquire at any Information Desk on 1F in the airport.
Food & Drinks
- Food & Drinks – Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules with most open from 6:00AM – 9:45PM. There are no 24-hour dining options. Vending machines are also available in the airport.
- Drinking Water – Thirsty? Drinking fountains are available throughout both terminals.
- Information Desk – Locations: Domestic Terminal South 1F • Domestic Terminal North 1F • International Terminal Departure Lobby 3F • International Terminal Arrival Lobby 1F. Hours: Vary per location, but most are open from 7:45AM until last flight arrival.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers –
- The Left Luggage office is available at the Fukuoka Airport Building Baggage Storage Counter in the International terminal, first floor. Hours: 8:00AM – 9:40PM. Rates: According to a recent review (June, 2016), the storage fee is ¥600 per calendar day for a medium-sized piece of luggage. The overnight rate (stored until next morning) for a medium-sized luggage is ¥1200.
- Lockers are available in these locations: Domestic Terminal 1, 1F ( behind ANA FESTA ) • Domestic Terminal 2, 1F ( in front of JAL counter ) • Domestic Terminal 2F, 1F ( beside Nippon Express counter ) • Terminal 3, 1F ( beside Convenience Store D ) • International Terminal 1F ( beside Eastern ) • International 1F ( beside Convenience Store I ) • International Terminal 3F ( beside BOOK AND CRAFT ). Lockers have a maximum storage time of 7 days. Locker rates are 300 yen (small) • 400 yen (medium) • 500 yen (large) and 600 yen (extra large). Hours: Domestic Terminal: 6:30AM – 10:30PM • International Terminal: 7:30AM – 9:40PM.
- Medical Services – The Maruoka Clinic offers medical services. Location: Domestic Terminal 2F, North. Hours: 9:00AM – 12:30PM and 2:00PM – 6:00PM (Mon – Wed, Fri) • 9:00AM – 12:00PM and 3:00PM – 6:00PM (Thurs) and 9:00AM – 1:00PM Saturdays (closed Sundays and holidays). A Dental Clinic is also available beside the clinic. Hours: 9:30AM – 1:30PM and 3:00PM – 7:00PM (Mon – Fri) and 9:30AM – 1:30PM Saturdays (closed Sundays and holidays).
- Pharmacy – AKO Pharmacy, Domestic Terminal 2F, North. Hours: 9:00AM – 7:00PM (weekdays) and 9:00AM – 1:30PM Saturdays (closed Sundays and holidays).
- Mobile Charging – There are mobile charging units in the Domestic and International terminals. At the time of this update, it is unknown whether this service is available free of charge.
- ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: Domestic Terminal North 1F and 2F • Domestic Terminal South 1F • International Terminal 1F and 3F. A foreign currency ATM is available in International Terminal 1F.
- Banking Services – Bank of Fukuoka and Nishi-Nippon City Bank have full-service branches in Domestic Terminal South B1F. Bank of Fukuoka has a second full-service branch in International Terminal 2F. Edy and Waon electronic money changers are also available in the airport.
- Currency Exchange – Currency exchange is available in the following locations:
- Domestic Terminal South B1F – Bank of Fukuoka • Nishi-Nippon City Bank
- International Terminal 1F – Bank of Fukuoka • TISCO Japan • Travelex
- International Terminal 3F – Bank of Fukuoka • Shinhan Bank • TISCO Japan • Travelex Bank of Fukuoka has a foreign currency ATM in International Terminal 3F.
- Prayer Room – Location: International Terminal, 4F. Hours: 5:00AM – 9:40PM.
Rest & Relaxation
- Hotels – see “Airport Hotels” above.
- Lounges – see “Airport Lounges” above.
- Massage Chairs -See “Showers, Salon & Spa” below.
- Rest Zones – There are no dedicated sleeping areas, quiet areas or rest zones. If this information has changed, click here to update this guide.
- Duty Free & Shopping – Duty-free shopping is available in the International Terminal (Hours: 8:00AM – last flight departure). A wide variety of retail stores, gift boutiques, and sweet shops are available throughout both Domestic and International terminals.
Showers, Salon & Spa
- Massage Chairs – Locations: Unknown. Rates: 200 yen/10 min.
- Massages – Refre Japan offers massage services. Location: Domestic Terminal South 1F. Hours: 8:30AM – 8:30PM.
- Showers – Not available.
- Smoking Area – Designated smoking areas are available in these locations: Domestic Terminal South 2F and 3F • Domestic Terminal North 1F and 2F • International Terminal 1F, 3F, and 4F.
Things to do & see
- Observation Deck – There are 3 observation areas from which to watch the action on the runway. Locations: Domestic Terminal South 4F (Hours: 7:00AM – 9:30PM) • International Terminal 4F North and South Side (Hours: 7:30AM – 8:30PM).
The airport is open from 6:00AM until 10:30PM, or after last flight of the day.
Fukuoka airport is served by the following airlines: Air Busan • Air China • Air New Zealand • ANA• Amakusa • Asiana • China Airlines • China Eastern Airlines • China Southern Airlines • Delta Air Lines • EVA Air • Fuji Dream Airlines • Hong Kong Dragon Airlines • IBEX Airlines • Japan Air Commuter • Japan Airlines • Japan Transocean Air • Jeju Airlines • Jetstar • KLM • Korean Airlines • Oriental Air Bridge • Peach Airlines • Philippine Air • Singapore Airlines • Skymark Airlines • Star Flyer • Thai Airways • T’Way Airlines • United Airlines • Vietnam Airlines.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Location: Terminals 1, 2 and 3 – Arrivals Level. If you did not make reservations you can do so at the one of the airports many information desks. The following companies have car rental offices onsite: Toyota Rentalease • Nissan Car Rental • Nippon Rent-A-Car • Times Mobility • Yamae Rent/ORIX Rent-a-car • IDEX Auto.
See also Airport Hotels above.
The airport operates a free shuttle bus to transport passengers between the International and Domestic Terminals. Frequency: every 5-8 minutes.
- Buses – City buses, express buses and high-speed express buses depart from the bus stands. Check fares and schedules on the Nishitetsu web site.
- Subway – The Fukuoka City Subway station is located inside the Domestic Terminal building. For fares, maps and more information, visit the Fukuoka Airport website.
Taxis are readily available at both the Domestic and International Terminals.
Last updated: 2022-02-24
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.