Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Hanoi Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
On 3rd floor there are less announcements and it’s a lot calmer in general. – Gnusmas5
HAN Airport Overview
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down about what to expect during your time at Hanoi Noi Bai International Airport (Code: HAN).
What to Expect
Hanoi Airport consists of two terminals, with the old Terminal 1 (domestic) being described as having a “bus station vibe,” and the new Terminal 2 (international) being described as well-equipped for the modern world. Transfers between the two terminals are made by shuttle bus; however, transferring to Terminal 2 requires a visa. There are plenty of shops, restaurants, and services throughout the airport, both landside and airside, though Terminal 2 has the better selection. Airport staff received mixed reviews, and there are reports of some staff seeking bribes. There is free WiFi and mobile charging stations in both terminals. For additional comfort, passengers can pay to use one of the first-class airport lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for location and hours.
Sleeping in Hanoi Airport
Flights depart around the clock, so the airport is used to sleeping passengers. Terminal 2 has plenty of seating, but most seating includes armrests, with the exception of a rest zone that contains padded seating suitable for stretching out. For uninterrupted sleep, sleep pods can be accessed for a fee in both terminals and several hotels are within a quick shuttle ride away. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below for more info.
Good to Know
Do not try to exit the airport with checked baggage without having your baggage claim stub and flight ticket, as attendants check baggage stubs upon leaving.
Beware of the taxis. If you are negotiating a rate, be sure to ask for a rate that includes “toll fees”, so that you do not receive a surprise at the end of the ride.
For more airport information continue scrolling down to explore more in our Hanoi Airport Guide. You can also read traveller airport reviews or write a review and share photos from your own experience.
Due to the current Covid-19 pandemic, all services and times listed below are subject to change. In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter by paying at the door. Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
Passes Song Hong Business Lounge – Location: Terminal 2, Airside, International Departures, after Security Checks, 4th Floor, East Wing. Lounge Access: Prepaid lounge passes • Lounge membership programs.
Passes Song Hong Premium Lounge – Location: Terminal 1, Airside, Domestic Departures, 3rd Floor. Showers are available. Lounge Access: Prepaid lounge passes • Lounge membership programs.
NASCO First and Business Class Lounge – Location: Terminal 2, Airside, Level 4, East Wing. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door.
NIA First and Business Class Lounge – Location: Terminal 2, Airside, Level 4. Showers are available. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door.
If you are a First or Business Class traveller you may have access to the lounges listed below. For more information, check the airline’s website.
Domestic Terminal, Airside – Vietnam Airlines Business Class Lounge (Departures D) • Vietnam Airlines Business Class Lounge (Departures B) • Vietnam Airlines Business Class Lounge (Departures A).
International Terminal, Airside – Vietnam Airlines Business Class Lounge.
If sleeping in the airport does not appeal to you, there is a hotel at Hanoi Airport and several nearby hotels with shuttle service:
Inside Airport Sleep Pods – Locations: Terminal 1, Airside, 3rd Floor (3 single and 11 twin pods) and Terminal 2, Airside, 2nd Floor (2 single and 12 twin pods). Each pod is 4 sq. meters and 3 meters high with amenities such as bed, wardrobe, bedding, WIFI, alarm clock, tv, work desk, privacy curtain, and travel guide. Snack and drink is included. Prices start at:
Terminal 1: 135,000 – 140,000 VND/hour for a single room and 155,000 – 160,000 VND/hour for a twin room.
Terminal 2: 145,000 – 150,000 VND/hour for a single room and 165,000 – 170,000 VND/hour for a twin room.
Near Airport Viet Village Hotel – (5 minutes from the airport) Free airport pickup is offered upon request (driver will meet you with name on board), hotel to airport is provided by taxi for $3.00 USD.
Near Airport Airport View Hotel – (3 minutes from the airport) Free roundtrip airport shuttle is available upon request when rooms booked direct with the hotel.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Hanoi Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Hanoi airport. Connect to the “Noi Bai Airport Free Wi-Fi” network and enter your information in the login page for access.
- WiFi – see “Airport WiFi/Internet” above.
- Baby Care Facilities – Crib, changing table and more are available for use in the Baby Care Room. Location: T2/International, airside, 3rd floor departures lounge – west wing.
- Children’s Play Areas – When you want to ensure your kids burn off all their energy before their flight, take them to one of the children’s play areas. Colorful mini jungle gyms, including swings, slides and seesaws can be found. Locations: T1/Domestic, airside • T2/International, airside, Departures lounge near Gate 33.
Food & Drinks
- Drinking Water – Thirsty? Drinking water fountains are available free of charge. Look for the “Free Drink” machines. Locations: T1/Domestic, airside, 2nd floor Departures lounge – Halls A, B and E • T2/International, airside, Departures lounge near Gates 21, 25, 32 and 35.
- Food & Drinks – A wide variety of food concessions operate throughout the airport on varying schedules. At the time of this update, we are unable to confirm the availability of any 24-hour dining options.
- Information Desk – Have an airport question or need help finding our way around? Information desks are available:
- Domestic Terminal (T1) – Landside, First Floor • Landside, 1st Floor, connector bridge of Hall E and A.
- International Terminal (T2) – Landside, First Floor • Landside, 3rd Floor.
- Baggage Carts – Need a hand with your luggage? Baggage carts are available free of charge. Locations: T1/Domestic, landside, Departures Hall 2nd floor • T1/Domestic, Arrivals Hall • T2/International, landside, Departures Hall 3rd floor • T2/International, Arrivals Hall.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers – Location: Terminal 2, Level 2. Hours: open 24 hours. Rates per piece of baggage: 50.000 (3 hours) • 60.000 (3 – 12 hours) • 70.000 (12 – 24 hours) • 90.000 (per day/24 hours – 7 days) • 100.000 (per day/7 days – 30 days) • 110.000 (per day/30 days).
- Luggage Wrapping – Keep your valuables valuable and your privates private with the airport’s luggage wrapping service! Luggage wrapping machines are available in these locations: T1/Domestic, landside, 2nd floor Public Halls A, B and E (10 machines) • T2/International, landside, landside, 3rd floor Public Hall (3 machines).
- Medical Services – Urgent and emergency medical care are available at any of the three fully-staffed First Aid Rooms. Express first aid service (visit conducted in under ten minutes) is available upon request. Locations: T1/Domestic, 1st floor Arrivals Hall A • T2/International, 3rd floor departures lounge • T2/International, 1st floor Arrivals Hall – west.
- Mobile Charging – Charging stations, each with up to 10 charging points, are available in these locations: T1/Domestic, landside, 1st floor, Public Halls A & E • T1/Domestic, airside, 2nd floor Departures lounge Halls A, B & E • T2/International, landside, 3rd floor Information Counter • T2/International, airside, Departure lounge, near Gates 21, 22, 23, 28, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35.
- ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations:
» T1/Domestic: landside, 1st floor
» T2/International: there are three ATMs in each the west and east wings (landside, 1st floor).
- Banking Services – Vietinbank operates a kiosk in T1/Domestic, landside, 1st floor.
- Currency Exchange – Vietinbank and ACB Bank have foreign currency exchange kiosks in T1/Domestic, landside, 1st floor. In T2/International (landside, 1st floor), BIDV and Maritime Bank offer currency exchange in the west wing, while Vietinbank and Techcombank offer services in the east wing.
Rest & Relaxation
- Hotels – see “Airport Hotels” above.
- Lounges – see “Airport Lounges” above.
- Rest Zones – The airport has a rest area that features seating that is suitable for stretching out and other padded easy chairs. Location: Terminal 2, Airside, 3rd Floor, near Gate 36 (on the west side).
Take precaution even when sleeping in the rest zones. In December 2019, a traveller at another airport reported that money and credit cards had been stolen from their bag even though the bag was right beside them. Protect and lock your bags as you would sleeping elsewhere in public.
- Duty Free & Shopping – Duty-free shopping is available in the International Terminal (T2) on the center of the International Arrivals lounge (1st floor), and the International Departures lounge east wing (3rd floor). Shops selling souvenirs, books, local handicrafts, convenience items and more are available in the departures areas of T1 and T2.
Showers, Salon & Spa
- Showers – Available in the Business Lounge. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
- Smoking – Smoking is permitted in designated smoking rooms. Location: International Terminal (3rd Floor • 4th Floor).
The airport is open 24 hours.
Hanoi airport is served by the following airlines: Aeroflot • AirAsia • Air Busan • Air China • Air Macau • All Nippon Airways • Asiana Airlines • Bamboo Airways • Bangkok Airways • Cathay Dragon • Cebu Pacific • China Airlines • China Eastern Airlines • China Southern Airlines • Chongqing Airlines • Emirates • EVA Air • Hai Au Aviation • Hong Kong Airlines • Japan Airlines • Jeju Air • Jetstar Pacific • Jin Air • Korean Air • Lao Airlines • Malaysia Airlines • Malindo Air • Mandarin Airlines • Philippines Airlines • Qatar Airways • Scoot • Shanghai Airlines • Shenzhen Airlines • SilkAir • Singapore Airlines • T’way Airlines • Thai AirAsia • Thai Airways • Thai Lion Air • Turkish Airlines • VietJet Air • Vietnam Airlines.
Comfortable, air-conditioned airport coaches offer frequent service between HAN airport and Quang Trung Street, with three stops in between. A one-way ticket is 40,000 VND per person. Buses pick up at Terminal 1 (Hall C, E on the 1st Floor) and Terminal 2 (1st Floor at East End – West End), and operate 365 days a year.
Public bus routes 7, 17, 86, and 90 serve Hanoi Airport.
See Airport Hotels above.
Mini buses offer an economical way to travel to destinations in the city center. Be sure to check the destination before boarding the bus and also the confirm the rate. Keep in mind that the buses do not depart until they are full.
Metered taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport. Taxi rates are published on a board near the arrivals areas. You should confirm the price before you enter the taxi.
Last updated: 2020-03-13
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.