Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Hiroshima Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
I thought I’d show up the night before my flight to save some money on hotel room, but by 9:30 PM I was told to leave because the airport was closing. – a traveller
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Hiroshima Airport.
What to Expect
- Hiroshima Airport consists of a single terminal that is divided into a Domestic and International section. The two areas are separated landside by a central atrium.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- The airport closes at night. It is not possible to stay overnight.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter by paying at the door. Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
- Business Lounge Maple – Location: International Terminal, Airside, near Gate E, next to Duty Free Shop. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door. [ more lounge info ]
- Business Lounge Momiji – Location: Landside, 2nd Floor. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door. [ more lounge info ]
If you are a First or Business Class traveller you may have access to the lounges listed below. For more information, check the airline’s web site.
- Japan Airlines Sakura Lounge – Location: Airside, near B and C Gates.
- ANA Signet – Location: Airside, 2nd Floor, near Gate D.
If sleeping in Hiroshima Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hiroshima Airport Hotel – (5 minute walk from the airport) A free shuttle bus operates on a set schedule. » Check Rates
- Hotel Areaone Hiroshima Wing – (7 minutes from the airport) No airport transportation. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Hiroshima Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available in Hiroshima Airport for 30 minutes per session. You can reconnect as many times as you want. Connect to the “Hiroshima_Free_Wi-Fi “ network.
Internet workstations are also available. Location: 1st Floor, 3 PC’s in the Domestic Departure Lobby and 2 in the Domestic Boarding Area. Rates: 100JPY/10 mins.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
Art in the Airport – Check out the Itsukushima Shrine and the porcelain panel painting at the atrium on 2F!
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: 1F/Domestic Arrivals Lobby, landside, near the convenience store • 2F/Domestic Departure Lobby • 2F/International Departure Lobby.
Banking Services – Hiroshima Bank offers full-service banking. Location: International Departures Lobby (2F). Hours: 9:00AM – 3:00PM. Closed Sat,Sun, and holidays.
Currency Exchange – Hiroshima Bank (Hours: 7:00AM – 9:00PM Mon-Fri & 8:00AM – 9:00PM Sat – Sun) • Travelex International Departure Lobby (Hours: 6:45AM – 6:00PM & 7:00PM – 9:00PM).
Duty Free & Shopping – Duty-free and a small variety of retail shops are available on the Departure Level (2F). A convenience store can be found landside, in the Domestic Arrivals lobby (1F) which is open 6:00AM – 10:00PM.
Family Services – Travelling with children? These services are available to help you get through the airport easier:
- Nursery – Locations: Departure Lobby, 2F, Landside, near terrace • Domestic Departure Lobby, 2F, Airside, Gate A • Domestic Departure Lobby, 2F, Airside next to Blue Sky souvenir shop.
- Diaper Changing Room – Location: Observation Deck, 3F.
- Children’s Play Area – When you want to ensure your kids burn off all their energy before their flight, take them to the children’s play area – “Kids Corner”. Domestic Departure Lobby, 2F, Airside, right after security.
- Multipurpose bathrooms are available throughout the airport
Food & Drinks – There are no 24 hour food concessions. The airport offers: one restaurant in the Domestic Arrivals Lobby near the atrium (1F), three cafes in the Departures Lobby (2F), and six restaurants/cafes on the Observation Deck (3F).
Information Desk – One each in the Domestic Arrivals Lobby (Hours: 8:00AM – 10:10PM) and International Arrivals Lobby on 1F (Hours: 30 mins before and 1.5 hours last international flight).
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Luggage lockers are available. Locations: Domestic Arrivals Lobby (1F) and International Departures Lobby (2F) Rates: Vary according to size of locker, small (360 x 570 x 400) costs 300 JYP/day and a large (360 x 570 x 1130) costs 500 JYP/day.
Mobile Charging – Charging points are available at the internet workstations areas. Location: 1st Floor, 3 PC’s in the Domestic Departure Lobby and 2 in the Domestic Boarding Area.
Observation Deck – Relax and watch planes taking off and landing from the vantage point of the airport’s observation deck. Location: 3rd Floor. Hours: 7:00AM – 10:00PM. Rates: Unknown.
Pharmacy – The Wellness Pharmacy can be found on the 2nd Floor. Hours: 7:00AM – 8:30PM.
Postal Services – Drop off your last minute postcards to friends and family from airport’s mailbox. Location: Domestic Arrival Lobby, 1F.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
Smoking Areas – Smoking areas are located throughout the terminal on all three floors.
According to a November 2018 review, the airport closes at night and it is not possible to stay overnight.
As of March 2019, Hiroshima airport is served by the following airlines: Air Canada • Air China • Air Seoul • ANA • China Airlines • China Eastern • HK Express • Ibex • Japan Airlines • Silk Air • Spring Japan.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Many bus routes connect the airport to Hiroshima and other nearby cities. For timetables, fares, and companies, visit the Hiroshima Airport website.
A taxi stand is located just outside the Arrivals Hall on the ground floor.
The following car rental agencies have offices located in the Arrivals Hall: Times Car Rental • Toyota Rent a Car • Nissan Rent a Car • Nippon Rent a Car • Orix Rent a Car.
Last updated: 2019-03-31
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.