Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Holguin Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
As with all Cuban airports once you clear security they have no reason to care about you any more. You’re leaving their country. They leave you alone.” – zed
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Holguin Airport.
What to Expect
- The airport offers a Domestic and International Terminal, with most services and concessions located in the International Terminal.
- Inefficient communication and procedures when it comes to delayed / cancelled flights.
- Economy class passengers can pay to use a first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
- A recent reviewer (May, 2016) describes the Domestic Terminal as being too small, crowded, and uncomfortable for sleeping in, and opted to spend the night at a hotel. If you have spent the night in Holguin Airport, write a review to help future travelers.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there is a lounge that you can enter by paying at the door. Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
- VIP Lounge – Location: Airside. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (33 CUC for Arrivals & 38 CUC for Departures).
If sleeping in Holguin Airport does not appeal to you, it is best to head back to the city center, as there are no hotels in or next to the airport. Here are some suggestions based on Tripadvisor reviews:
- Hostal La Casona Holguin – (18 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers are available, but must be booked in advance. » Check Rates
- Hostal El Balcon – (20 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Holguin Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
At the time of this update WiFi is not available at Holguin Airport.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
Currency Exchange – Yes (landside and airside)
Duty Free & Shopping – Airside you will find Duty Free as well as a rum/cigar shop and a few souvenir kiosks.
Food & Drinks – A small snack bar is available airside, landside you need to exit the airport where a small bar is located outside the terminal.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Mobile Charging – At the time of this update, we did not have any information about mobile charging availability. If you know, click here to update this airport guide.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
Smoking Lounge – Yes (airside)
The airport is open 24 hours. Airside is open according to the flight schedule.
As of December 2018, Holguin airport is served by the following airlines: Aerogaviota • Air Canada • Air France • Air Transat • American Airlines • Cubana • Blue Panorama Airlines • Condor • Copa • Cubana de Aviación • JetBlue Airways • Neos • Sunwing Airlines • Thomas Cook Airlines • TUI • WestJet.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
The following rental car agencies can be found in the arrivals areas or outside of the terminal near the parking: Cubacar, Havanautos, Rex, and Via Rent-a-Car Transgaviota.
Taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport.
Last updated: 2018-12-10
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.