Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Hyderabad Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
This is 100 times better than the old [terminal] which was something like a bus station – towfeeq-skycruiser
HYD Airport Overview
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down about what to expect during your time at Hyderabad Rajiv Gandhi International Airport (Code: HYD).
What to Expect
Hyderabad Airport consists of a small, modern single terminal. The airport contains some eateries, but not much in the way of shops or other services. WiFi is available to help pass the time, and additional comfort can be found through fee-based access to the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the guide below for locations and rates.
Sleeping in Hyderabad Airport
A traveller (December 2018) mentioned that there are comfortable recliner chairs to be found near some of the departure gates. If you’ve been to this airport recently, please write a review to help future travellers! For uninterrupted sleep, there are two hotels located within the airport complex. See the Airport Hotels section below for locations or read some traveller airport reviews for more tips.
Good to Know
Some travellers have reported that airport staff may offer “services” for a fee, and that lower-level staff sometimes beg for change.
Due to the current Covid-19 pandemic, all services and times listed below are subject to change. Some services and facilities may remain closed or operate with reduced hours. Airport tips and suggestions in this guide and elsewhere on the site were written before March 2020 and may no longer be valid. If you are planning to sleep in the public area of the terminal overnight, have a back-up plan! We’ve heard from a few travellers at other airports and they were not permitted to stay overnight. We’re not sure if that will apply to this airport, until a reader lets us know the current situation. If you have some time to spare please write a review, send a tip or share photos to help future travellers.
For more airport information continue scrolling down to explore more in our Hyderabad Airport Guide.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If sleeping in Hyderabad Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels inside and near the airport:
At Airport Airport Lodge – Located at the Public Transportation Centre area of the airport, the Airport Lodge offers dormitory-style lodging and private rooms, exclusive rooms for ladies (on request), shower facilities (r.100 / 30 minutes), luggage storage, cafeteria, and 24-hour security. Dorms have lockers. Private rooms have attached bathroom and LCD tvs. The hotel offers 6, 12 and 24 hour room rates. A free shuttle bus runs between the airport and the Airport Lodge every 10 minutes. Rates: r.325 (6 hours) – r.475 (12 hours) – r.620 (24 hours) for a Dormitory • r.1050 (12 hours) – r.1450 (24 hours) for a standard room with single occupancy • r.1400 (12 hours) – r.1850 (24 hours) for a deluxe room with single occupancy.
Near Airport Novotel Hotel – (6 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle is available. » Check Rates
Near Airport Oyster Airport Hotel – (10 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle is available. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Hyderabad Airport that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter by paying at the door, purchasing a lounge pass or through a lounge membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
Passes Plaza Premium Lounge (Domestic) – Location: Domestic Departures, airside, Level E, near Gate 28. Showers are available. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Prepaid lounge passes • Lounge membership programs.
Passes Plaza Premium Lounge (International) – Location: International Departures, airside, Level E, near Gate 32A. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Prepaid lounge passes • Lounge membership programs.
Plaza Premium Lounge (Arrivals) – Location: Landside, Level C, Commercial Plaza, Passenger Terminal Building near the car park (inside the Airport Hotel). Showers and nap rooms are available (see Airport Hotels below). Hours: 24 hours (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Lounge membership programs.
If you are a First or Business Class traveller you may have access to the lounges listed below. For more information, check the airline’s website.
Air India Maharajah Lounge – Location: Domestic Terminal, Airside.
Free WiFi is available at Hyderabad Airport for 2 hours. Connect to the “Hyderabad Airport-Free-WiFi” network. Enter your information on the login page to receive a serial number and PIN via mobile phone. Use that serial number and PIN to access the internet.
- Business Center – Computers with internet access, along with printing, photocopies, faxing and other limited services are available. Location: unknown Hours: unknown.
- WiFi – see “Airport WiFi/Internet” above.
- Postal Services – Send out your last minute postcards, buy stamps and more at the Post Office (Arrivals, Car Park Area). Hours: unknown.
- Baby Care Facilities – There are 15 rooms equipped with baby changing facilities. Locations: unknown.
Food & Drinks
- Airport Village – An area of the airport where you will find food and beverage concessions. Locals can use the area to wait for their family members and guests. Rate: a fee is required to enter – rs.100 is payable at the Departures Area and rs.20 to enter at the Arrivals Level. Tickets are valid for 1 hour.
- Food & Drinks – There are over 30 food concessions throughout the airport (Landside and Airside). At the time of this update, we were unable to confirm the availability of 24-hour dining. There are vending machines available throughout the airport.
- Information Desk – There are two Information Desks available: Domestic Departures, “B” Row, Level F and in the Airport Village. Hours: unknown.
- Travel Agencies – If you are arriving in Hyderabad and need local arrangements or help planning a really last minute trip abroad, there is a Make My Trip travel agency with an office at the airport that can probably be of assistance.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers – There are Left Luggage/ Baggage Storage/Clock Room Facility Counters available at airport village. Baggage is also accepted for safe keeping up to 90 days. Rates: Each bag regardless of size and weight is Rs.138/- for every first 2 hours and Rs.28/- every additional hour to Rs.497/- for 24 hours.
- Luggage Wrapping – Secure Wrap service is available for Rs. 380/- per bag. Location: On the ramp before Gate 1 and Gate 3, beside Visitor’s Entry Ticket Counter and prior to check-in counters, between Row C-D and Row E-F. Hours: unknown.
- Medical Services – Round-the-clock urgent care, 17 beds and a pharmacy are available at the fully-staffed Medical Centre. Location: unknown. Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Pharmacy – Apollo Pharmacy has 3 locations: Arrivals – Car Park Area, Domestic Departures and International Departures. Hours are not known; however, the pharmacy within the airport’s Medical Centre is open 24 hours.
- Mobile Charging – Yes.
- ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available from at least 13 different providers. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: Airside and Landside.
- Banking Services – Canara Bank and State Bank of India both have branches available in Arrivals, Car Park Area. Hours: unknown.
- Currency Exchange – Weizmann Forex offers exchange services. Locations: Airport Village, Arrivals • Domestic Area, Arrivals • International Area, Departures. Hours: are not known.
- Prayer Rooms – There are two prayer rooms located within the airport. Locations: unknown.
Rest & Relaxation
- Hotels – see “Airport Hotels” above.
- Lounges – see “Airport Lounges” above.
- Rest Zones – There are no dedicated sleeping areas, quiet areas or rest zones. If this information has changed, click here to update this guide.
- Duty Free & Shopping – Duty-free shopping is available in the International Terminal. In addition, there is a good variety of shops to be pass the time.
Showers, Salon & Spa
- Showers – Freshen up before your flight. Located in all three of the Plaza Premium Lounges. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
- Spas – O2 Spa offers massage and other services in the Domestic Departures Area.
- Smoking – There are smoking lounges available inside the airport in both the Departures and Arrivals areas.
Things to do & see
- Go-Karting – If you have some time to pass, head to the Car Park Area (Arrivals) where you can have a few passes on the go-kart course.
Other Airport Services
- Buggy Service – The airport offers free golf cart service when needed. Locations: International Departure area after Security check • Domestic Departure area after Security check • Near International Aero Bridge Arrival area, • Near Domestic Aero Bridge Arrival Area • Domestic Baggage Reclaim area.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Hyderabad airport is served by the following airlines: Air Arabia • Air Asia • Air India • Alliance Air • British Airways • Cathay Pacific • Emirates • Etihad Airways • FlyDubai • Flynas • GoAir • Gulf Air • IndiGo • Jazeera Airways • Malaysian Airlines • Oman Air • Qatar Airways • Saudi Arabian Airlines • SilkAir • Spicejet • Srilankan Airlines • Thai Airways • Tigerair • Trujet • Vistara.
TSRTC’s Pushpak Airport Liner is a luxury express bus service between the airport and select destinations (at least 18) within the city of Hyderabad. For routes and schedule information, please visit the Hyderabad Airport website.
State-owned long distance buses between the airport and select destinations (at least 13) are available at the airport’s bus stop area. Tickets can be booked online or at the bus ticket counters in Arrivals. For further information about destinations, timetables and fares, visit the TSRTC or APSRTC websites.
Two car rental agencies, Carzonrent and One Car Rental, are located onsite. In addition to self-drive car rentals, both companies also offer chauffeured car and limousine service.
See Airport Hotels above.
Meru and Sky Cabs provide licensed, metered, air-conditioned taxi service from HYD airport at car park level. At the time of this update, taxi fare is Rs 21 per kilometer with a 25% surcharge for rides between the hours of 11:00PM – 5:00AM. Prepaid service is also available. Taxi counters are located inside the terminal at Arrivals.
Last updated: 2020-10-19
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.