Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Istanbul Sabiha Gökçen Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
Its always noisy (children and announcements) but people and security were kind of friendly. I saw people snoring in their sleeping-bags. -33cem34
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down about what to expect during your time at Istanbul Sabiha Gökçen International Airport.
What to Expect
Istanbul Sabiha Gökçen International Airport is a modern single terminal facility with a decent selection of airside and landside shops and eateries, some offering 24-hour service. While the terminal is new, service is described as disorganized, inefficient and chaotic, with long, slow lines, likely due in part to overall under capacity of Istanbul’s airports. WiFi is available to help pass the time. For comfort while you wait, economy class passengers can pay to use one of the first-class airport lounges. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
Departure areas and gates are described by reviewers as being the best spots for finding a sleeping spot. Most seats have armrests, but some benches in the departures lounge are said to have moveable armrests. While sleeping on the floor in the airport is reportedly against the rules, several reviewers noted that authorities did not bother them when they slept on carpeted areas in the international departures area or in empty gate areas. As noise and bright lighting were cited as biggest sleep disturbers, earphones/noise-cancelling headphones and eyeshade are recommended. For uninterrupted sleep, there is a hotel at the airport, and some others just a quick shuttle ride away. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter by paying at the door, purchasing a lounge pass or through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
Passes ISG International CIP Lounge – Location: International Terminal, Airside, upper level. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Prepaid lounge passes • Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
Passes ISG Domestic CIP Lounge – Location: Domestic Terminal, Airside, upper level. Free WiFi. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Prepaid lounge passes • Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
If you are a First or Business Class traveller you may have access to the lounges listed below. For more information, check the airline’s website.
International Terminal: Turkish Airlines Lounge Istanbul Sabiha Gokcen
VIP Terminal: Turkish Airlines Lounge Sabiha Gokcen (Domestic Elite Lounge) • Turkish Airlines Lounge Sabiha Gokcen (Domestic Business Lounge).
[ update ]
Airport Hotels &
If sleeping in Istanbul Sabiha Gökçen Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Kepler – A new (January 2020) service opened inside Sabiha Gokcen Airport that provides personal sleeping units/pods, showers, a luggage storage facility and a lounge area. Rate: 7 EUR plus VAT per hour includes a bed, shower, free wifi, free coffee and tea, and luggage storage. Location: International Terminal, airside, upper level. Hours: open 24 hours. Reservations can be made at the door.
- ISG Airport Hotel – (3 minute walk from the terminal) Free airport shuttle available. For airport pick-up, go to one of the Information Desks at the airport for assistance in calling the hotel for pick-up, or call 0216 588 50 00. » Check Rates
- Airport Residence Kurtkoy – (5 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Miracle Istanbul Asia Otel & Spa – (5 minutes from the airport) Free scheduled airport shuttle runs from 6:45AM to 11:30PM. For transfers outside of this time, there is a fee of 25,00€. » Check Rates
- Crowne Plaza Istanbul Asia – (5 minutes from the airport) The hotel is part of the an open air shopping mall that has a movie theatre, go karts, ATVs, bowling, and an amusement park. Free scheduled airport shuttle runs from 7:00AM to 11:15PM. Service is limited during the mid-day, as shuttles run at 12:00PM/3:00PM/6:00PM to the airport and at 12:15PM/3:15PM/6:15PM to the hotel. Outside of these hours the shuttle runs every hour. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Istanbul Sabiha Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
[ update ]
A reader tells us “There is no free wifi in Sabiha Gokcen Airport as 31 December 2019. You have to purchase after connecting to “The WiSpotter Wireless Internet Access” ” (@ulubay / December 2019)
[ update ]
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
- Post Office – Location: Arrivals Hall.
- WiFi – see “Airport WiFi/Internet” above.
Fast Track Service
- Fast Track – Move through security faster with fast track service. Buy online, services may also be available for purchase at the airport. Rates: International 40.00 TL • Domestic 30.00 TL.
Food & Drinks
- Food & Drinks – At the time of this update, it was not known if there are any 24-hour food concessions. Many options are available both landside and airside.
- Luggage Porters – Service is available for a fee. Rates: unknown.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers – Location: International Arrivals Hall, Landside. Hours: unknown.
- Luggage Wrapping – Protect your bags with plastic wrap. Location: Landside, on the Departures level.
- Medical Services – Urgent and emergency medical care is available 24 hours a day in the airport’s First Aid unit. For access, ask an airport staff member for assistance.
- Pharmacy – Get a prescription filled or buy health and beauty aids at Nuray Pharmacy. Location: International Departures Hall, landside Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Mobile Charging – At the time of this update, we did not have any information about mobile charging availability. If you know, click here to update this airport guide.
- ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Services are provided by at least 15 different banks. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: unknown.
- Banking Services – Türkiye İş Bank and Yapı Kredi Bank offer full-service banking in the Arrivals Hall. Hours: Open daily, but specific hours unknown.
- Currency Exchange – Currency exchange offices operate in the International Terminal at these locations: Departures Hall (landside and airside) • Arrivals Hall • Baggage Claim Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Prayer Room – Two masjid (mosques), one each for males and females, are located in Domestic Arrivals. Hours: 4:00AM – 11:30PM (closed nightly for cleaning).
Rest & Relaxation
- Hotels – see “Airport Hotels” above.
- Lounges – see “Airport Lounges” above.
- Rest Zones – There are no dedicated sleeping areas, quiet areas or rest zones. If this information has changed, click here to update this guide.
- Duty Free & Shopping – Setur Duty Free Shop is available in both Departure and Arrivals Halls. A Setur Duty Free Last Minute Shop is located in International Departures remote gates, close to Gate 306. A variety of retail shops are also available throughout the airport.
Showers, Salon & Spa
- Hair Salon – Hairstyling is done at Bayram Bal Coiffeur. Location: Domestic Departures, landside, Mezzanine level Hours: unknown.
- Showers – Not available.
- Smoking Area – There is a smoking area (airside). According to a reviewer, the area is not covered and not protected from the rain.
[ update ]
The airport is open 24 hours.
[ update ]
As of May 2019, Istanbul Sabiha Gökçen airport is served by the following airlines: Air Arabia • Air Manas • Anadolu Jet • Atlasglobal • Azerbaijan Airlines • Buta Airways • Corendon Airlines • Emirates • Fly Baghdad • FlyDubai • Fly Nas • Iraqi Airways • Jordan Aviation • Nile Air • Pegasus • Pobeda • Qatar Airways • Royal Wings • Sunexpress • Turkish Airlines.
[ update ]
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
The airport is well connected to the public bus system. To plan your route, visit the Istanbul Sabiha Airport website.
The following car rental companies are available at Istanbul Sabiha Airport Gökçen: Avis, Bostanci, Budget, Europcar, Hertz, Sixt and more. Location: Arrivals Level.
Havataş travels between the airport and Kadıköy for 10 TL, or Taksim for 15 TL (as of May 2019). The white-colored Havataş shuttles operate from 3:30AM – 1:00AM, and can be found outside of the airport in front of the Arrivals exit, in front of the Point Hotel in Taksim (across from Taksim Divan Hotel) and at Kadıköy Pier.
Akmis Travel offers scheduled service between Sabiha Gökçen Airport and Bursa, Yalova, Gemlik, Sakarya, Kocaeli, Gebze or Karamürsel.
Taxis are available at the ground transportation area of the airport terminal. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required.
[ update ]
Last updated: 2019-05-24
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.