Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Kaohsiung Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
It rarely takes more than about 15 mins to get off the plane and to the superb MRT that connects the airport to downtown. – Pok Pin
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Kaohsiung International Airport.
What to Expect
- A friendly and efficient international airport with a smaller, older terminal for domestic flights and a newer, much larger terminal for international flights.
- An interesting selection of shops and restaurants is available.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
- Mosquitoes inside and outside of the airport terminal. Wear mosquito repellent to keep them at bay!
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
- Travelers are not permitted to stay overnight.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there is a lounge that you can enter by paying at the door or through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
- More Premium Lounge – Location: Airside on the third floor. Turn left after security and it is a 1-minute walk. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
If you are a First or Business Class traveller you may have access to the lounges listed below. For more information, check the airline’s web site.
China Airlines • UNI Airlines • Dragonair • JAL. Note: all airline lounges are located in the International Terminal.
If sleeping in Kaohsiung Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Riverside International Hotel Kaohsiung – (5 minutes from the airport) Free airport transfer with advanced reservation. » Check Rates
- Kaohsiung International Plaza Hotel – (8 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle bus is avaialble between 8:00AM and 10:00PM, spot must be reserved with hotel in advance. » Check Rates
- Orange House Hotel – (10 minutes from the airport) Free airport transfers are available. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Kaohsiung Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available throughout Kaohsiung Airport. Connect to the “FREE Kaohsiung-Airport” network . Additionally, “@ Internet Area” kiosks offer free wired internet access. Look for these kiosks in the eastern and western sides of Waiting Area 3F in the International Terminal, and Waiting Area 1F in the Domestic Terminal.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: Domestic Terminal, 1F • International Terminal, 3F • International Terminal, 1F.
Baby Care Facilities – A nursery is available in the Domestic Terminal (1F), hours: 7:00AM – 10:00PM • International Terminal (3F), airside, hours: 6:00AM – 9:00PM. You may even be able to stretch out on a comfy couch for a rest. Strollers are available for use, free of charge, from landside all the way to the boarding gate. No ID or registration necessary. Pick one up at the Service Counter.
Currency Exchange – Bank of Taiwan and Mega International Commercial Bank offer currency exchange (4 locations) in the International Terminal (1F and 3F). Hours: vary according to location but you will find one open as early as 5:30AM and a few are open as late as 11:30PM.
Disabled Services – Designated parking spaces and disabled restrooms.
Duty Free & Shopping – All shops are located in the International Terminal. Duty-free shopping is available airside on 3F. A gift shop is located landside in the Departures lobby.
Food & Drink – Food concessions throughout the airport operate on varying schedules, with some open as early as 5:30AM. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options. Food options include:
- International Terminal: Chef Teng Restaurant • Family Mart Convenience Store • Homee Kitchen • Starbucks.
- Domestic Terminal: Taiwan Souvenir Shop (sells light meals).
Information Desk – Information, stroller rentals, and more are available at the Service Counter. Locations: International Terminal, 3F (Hours: 5:30AM – 9:00PM) • Domestic Terminal, 3F (Hours: 8:00AM – 9:00PM).
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Baggage Storage lockers are available at a rate of NT $50 – NT $100 per 12 hours, depending on the size of the locker (small or large). Maximum storage period allowed is six days. Locations: Domestic Terminal, near Baggage Delivery luggage storage box • International Terminal, landside, 3F (eastern side near the general store). Hours: 5:00AM – 12:00AM.
Luggage Wrapping – Available for a fee at Pinoy Express. Location: International Terminal, landside, 3F (on the western side near the food concessions). Hours: 5:00AM – 9:00PM.
Massages – Available in the West and East Wing departure lounges of the international terminal.
Medical Services – Urgent and emergency medical care is available at the airport nursing station. Location: International Terminal, 3F Departures Hall. Hours: 6:00AM – 12:00AM.
Mobile Charging – At the time of this update, we did not have any information about mobile charging availability. If you know, click here to update this airport guide.
Postal Services – Drop off your last minute postcards at the airport’s mailbox. Location: International Terminal, 3F.
Observation Deck – Relax and watch planes taking off and landing from the vantage point of the airport’s observation deck. Location: Head to the pedestrian corridor windows by the airport electronic walkways which have been designed into a landscape recreational area for watching planes. Hours: 6:30AM – 9:00PM.
Post Office – Location: International Terminal, 3F. Hours: 8:30AM – 4:30PM.
Prayer Rooms – Located on the west side of the international terminal at 3F (airside).
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
Skype Station – Passengers arriving on inbound international flights can make free international calls from the Skype Station, located on the ground floor by immigration check.
Travel Agencies – If you are arriving in Kaohsiung and need local arrangements or help planning a really last minute trip abroad, there is a Jinjian Travel Agency (1st Floor) that can probably be of assistance.
The Domestic Terminal is open daily from 5:30AM – 9:00PM. The International Terminal is open daily from 4:20AM – 12:00AM. According to the airport’s website, “The air traffic police will carry out the clearance of the terminals. Passengers should not stay in the terminals”.
As of December 2018, Kaohsiung airport is served by the following airlines: Air Busan • Air Macau • Air Asia • Cathay Pacific • China Airlines • China Eastern Airlines • China Southern Airlines • Daily Air • Eva Air • Far Eastern Air Transport • Japan Airlines • Jeju Airlines • Juneyao Airlines • Mandarin Airlines • Peach • Philippines AirAsia • Scoot • Spring Airlines • Thai Smile • Tigerair Taiwan • T’Way Air • Uni Air • Vanilla Air • VietJet Air • Vietnam Airlines • Xiamen Air.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Car rentals are available at the airport. All companies are located in the Car Rental Center, with the exception of one that has a secondary office in the International Terminal. Car rental companies are: Heyuen Car-rent (International terminal office and Car Rental Center) • Carplus Auto Leasing (Car Rental Center) • Chailease Auto Rental (Car Rental Center)
- Metro: The KRTC Metro has a station on the red line, which runs from Gangshan South to Siaogang. This line bisects with the secondary yellow line.
- Bus: A bus stop is located outside the arrival lobby. Busses depart here for Kenting (every half hour) and Chiayi (less frequent, afternoon only).
- Roving Taxis: Provide immediate service and can be picked up at the curb of the International Terminal. Surcharges are added to the fares of this style of taxi.
- Standing Taxis: Charge by the meter and can be picked up on the west side of the international and domestic terminals (near the bus stop).
Last updated: 2018-12-12
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.