Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Ketchikan Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
this isn’t someplace you want to be stuck if you have hours to burn. – a traveller
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Ketchikan Airport.
What to Expect
- Ketchikan airport consists of a single terminal.
- Because of the airport’s island location, a ferry connects it to the city of Ketchikan. The ferry alternately leaves Gravina Island or Revillagigedo Island every fifteen minutes and travels to the airport.
- We have not received any reviews for this airport since 2000. If you have been there recently, please write a review to help future travellers.
Where to Sleep
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport that provide free airport shuttles. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges at the airport.
If sleeping in Ketchikan Airport does not appeal to you, these are the closest hotels to the airport:
- Best Western Plus Landing Hotel – (2 minutes from the airport terminal ferry) Free shuttle service from 6:00AM to 10:00PM. The shuttle goes to the airport ferry terminal (Ketchikan city side) as well as local city limits. » Check Rates
- Super 8 Ketchikan – (2 minutes from the airport ferry terminal) Free airport shuttle is available. » Check Rates
- Alder House B&B – (2 minutes from the airport ferry terminal). » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Ketchikan Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Airport WiFi / Internet
Free WiFi is available in Ketchikan Airport for 10 minutes. Additional time is available for a fee.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
Baggage Carts – Need a hand with your luggage? Baggage carts are available free of charge.
Duty Free & Shopping – There is a small gift shop in the airport.
Food & Drinks – There is a cocktail lounge / snack bar at this airport. No 24-hour dining options available.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Mobile Charging – At the time of this update, we did not have any information about mobile charging availability. If you know, click here to update this airport guide.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
The airport is open daily from 6:30AM – 8:45PM.
As of December 2018, Ketchikan airport is served by the following airlines: Aero Services • Alaska Airlines • Delta Air Lines • Island Air • Pacific Airways • Misty Fjords Air.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Located on Gravina Island, Ketchikan Airport is connected to mainland Ketchikan via airport ferry (Hours: 6:15AM – 9:30PM) or water taxi. At the time of this December 2018 update, the one way adult fare is $6.00 (plus a vehicle charge, if applicable, of $7.00). From the mainland side of the ferry/water taxi docks, metered taxis are readily available for hire, or you can take a public bus. Another option is the Ketchikan Airporter, a shuttle service that takes passengers between the ferry docks and a shuttle terminal just north of downtown.
Onsite car rental agencies include Alaska Car Rental and Budget.
Last updated: 2018-12-14
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected]