Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Kinshasa N’djili Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
upon getting to the airport we were told that yes, we had confirmed the flight, but not the seats. Apparently that is two completely separate things. – Melissa
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at N’Djili International Airport.
What to Expect
- A modernized single-terminal airport with a limited variety of shopping and dining options.
- Exorbitant airport “departure tax” and various other mystery fees that pop up during departure procedures.
- Keep your Yellow Fever vaccination paper on you, even during departure, as you will be asked for proof, and may have to pay a fee if you cannot provide it.
- Crowds of non-travelers attempting to get into the airport, and crowds of travelers inside the airport pushing and shoving their way to check-in desks.
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
- Free WiFi is is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of May 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Reviewers suggest having your luggage wrapped to prevent rummaging and extortion attempts from airport security.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter by paying at the door. Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
- VIP Commercial Lounge – Location: Airside. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door. [ more lounge info ]
- VIP Saloon Okapi – Location: Airside. Hours: same hours as airport. Notes: A user tell us that the facilities are “Dirty, poor and limited service despite a lot of personnel.” Lounge Access: Pay at the Door. [ more lounge info ]
If sleeping in N’Djili International Airport does not appeal to you, it is best to head back into Kinshasa city center, as there are no hotels near the airport.
WiFi is available at Kinshasa Airport inside the lounges. As of this update we were unable to confirm whether internet access is available elsewhere in the terminal. If you know, please write a review or email us at [email protected]
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. US dollars are dispensed. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Location: International Terminal, next to the “Rotonde”.
Food & Drinks – There are no 24-hour food concessions at this airport.
» Landside: restaurant operated by Grand Hotel durin airport opening hours. Count on 35 $ for a mediocre breakfast (dry bread, poor coffee).
» Airside: small cafetaria operated by RVA (Regie des Voies Aerienne) during the opening hours of the airport. Serves food (chicken or sausage with floppy fries) and local drinks.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available. Watch your personal belongings at all times, especially during check-in and (manual) baggage control.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available. Restrooms on land and airside are in disrepair and dirty. No running water.
The airport is open 6:00AM – 12:00AM.
As of March 2018, Kinshasa airport is served by the following airlines: Turkish Airlines • Ethiopian Airlines • Royal Air Maroc • Brussels Airlines • Kenya Airways • TAAG Angola Airlines • Air France • South African Airways.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Car rental is available at Kinshasa Airport. No further information is available at this time.
Taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport.
Last updated: 2018-10-23
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected] and we will update this guide.