Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Langkawi Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
Toilets are spotless and there are free showers next to the prayer rooms. – surejb
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Langkawi International Airport.
What to Expect
- A small and friendly single-terminal regional airport with clean facilities and a wide variety of shopping and dining options.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- At the time of this update, we are unable to confirm if overnight stays are permitted at this airport. One reviewer showed up at night to a locked terminal. Another reviewer was able to sleep in the airport, but reported that travelers are not permitted to sleep on the floor, and must sleep upright in chairs. Write a review to help future travelers.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Westin Airport Lounge – Location: Main Terminal. Hours: 9:00AM – 9:00PM. Lounge Access: Guests of the Westin & St.Regis Resort (30 Min drive) receive free use of the Westin Airport Lounge.
If sleeping in Langkawi Airport does not appeal to you, there are no hotels at the airport to seek refuge. The nearest hotels are:
- One Hotel Helang Langkawi – (5 minute walk from the airport) Located between the airport and MICE (Mahsuri International Exhibition Centre) The hotel provides airport meet & greet service upon request. » Check Rates
- Alia Residence Business Resort – (5 minutes from the airport) Free airport pick-up is available upon request. Email your flight details to the hotel. » Check Rates
- Bon Ton Resort – (10 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Temple Tree Resort – (10 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. Hotel suggests when using taxis use the designated booth at the airport, cost is RM20 for small taxi. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Langkawi Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at the Langkawi Airport. Connect to the “[email protected] Int’l Airport” network.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Location: unknown.
Baby Care Facilities – A baby care room (including a sink and couch) is available in the public concourse.
Baggage Carts – Need a hand with your luggage? Baggage carts are available free of charge. Location: unknown.
Bank – Maybank – Location: Arrivals Hall. Hours: 9:15AM – 4:30PM (Mon – Thurs) • 9:15AM – 4:00PM (Fri).
Currency Exchange – see Banking above.
Duty Free & Shopping – A Duty Free store and a number of other shops are available.
Food & Drinks – At the time of this update, we did not have any information regarding the availability of any 24 hour restaurants. You will find 5 restaurants at the airport, all on Level 1.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Luggage Wrapping – Services are available on Level 1. Rates unknown.
Mobile Charging – Stations with multiple charging points are available both Landside and Airside.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Showers are available in the lounges. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
While it appears that this airport is open 24 hours, as of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, click here to update this airport guide.
As of December 2018, Langkawi airport is served by the following airlines: AirAsia • China Southern Airlines • Firefly • Malaysia Airlines • Malindo Air • Scoot Airlines.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Prepaid taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport. Stop at the taxi booth by Door 4 to pay for your ride. You will receive a ticket to give to your taxi driver before boarding the taxi. Fares are flat-rate, based on zone.
Last updated: 2019-01-03
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.