Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Lyon Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
There were at one point 12 different people taking up couch space, and the staff took absolutely no notice, left us perfectly alone. – a traveller
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down about what to expect during your time at Lyon–Saint-Exupéry Airport.
What to Expect
- A modern international airport with three separate terminals for domestic, international and low-cost carrier flights. A wide variety of shops, restaurants and services are available, mainly in Terminals 1 and 2.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter one of the airport’s first class lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
- Don’t bother trying to sleep in the stingy and uncomfortable Terminal 3! Terminal 1 is the popular terminal for sleeping, with its ample supply of comfortable seating and couches (mostly near bars and restaurants that are closed for the night), peaceful atmosphere, power outlets a-plenty, and free WiFi.
- Have earplugs or noise-cancelling headphones handy to block out any annoying overhead announcements!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- According to one reviewer, vending machines in the airport train station are cheaper than the vending machines inside of the airport terminal.
Due to the current Covid-19 pandemic, all services and times listed below are subject to change. In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
- Le Salon Mont Blanc – Location: Terminal 1, Airside, Non-Schengen, Departure Area, 2nd Floor. Hours: 5:00AM -10:45PM. Lounge Access: Pay at Door (29,90€).
- Salon Confluence – Location: Terminal 1, Airside, Schengen, Departures Area, 2nd Floor. Hours: 5:00AM – 8:00PM. Lounge Access: Pay at Door (29,90€).
If you are a First or Business Class traveller you may have access to the lounge listed below. For more information, check the airline’s website.
- Air France Lounge – Location: Terminal 2, Airside, near Gate 21. Hours: 5:40AM – 10:00PM.
If sleeping in Lyon Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- NH Lyon Aéroport – (30 steps from Terminals 1 and 3) Day rooms are offered according to availability. » Check Rates
- Hotel Kyriad Lyon – Aéroport Saint Exupéry – (800m from the airport) Free 24-hour airport shuttle departs every 30 minutes. » Check Rates
- Ibis Budget Aeroport Lyon Saint Exupéry – (6 minute walk from the airport) Free airport shuttle runs from 3:00AM to 2:30PM and 4:45PM to 11:30PM (weekdays) and 3:00AM to 10:30AM and 4:45PM to 11:30PM (weekends and public holidays). » Check Rates
- Hotel Campanile Lyon Est – Aeroport Saint Exupéry – (5 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle is available from the hotel to the airport (24 hours a day). From the airport to the hotel, the shuttle is available on request. You need to call 04 78 40 40 11 to be collected and it costs 6,00€ per person. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Lyon Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available in all terminals at Lyon Airport. Additionally, the Welcome Space offers passengers access to iPads. The Welcome Space is located in The Square, Landside, 2nd Floor.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
- WiFi – see “Airport WiFi/Internet” above.
- Baby Care Facilities – Diaper changing rooms are available 24 hours a day in T1 and T2. Loaner strollers are available for use, free of charge. Request one at the Information Desk.
- Children’s Play Area – When you want to ensure your kids burn off all their energy before their flight, take them to one of the children’s play areas. Locations: Terminal 1, landside, Level 0 near the tour operators • Terminal 2, Airside, Departures lounge.
Food & Drinks
- Food & Drinks – There are approximately 20 food concessions throughout the airport operate on varying schedules, with some open as early as 4:30AM or 5:00AM. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options.
- Information Desk – If you have any questions, visit the airport information desk. Locations: T1, Level 0. (Hours: 8:00AM – 11:00PM) • T2, Level 0. (Hours: 6:00AM – 11:00PM) • Welcome Area – Le Square, Level 1. (Hours: 6:00AM – 10:00PM) • Transportation Counter –Terminal 1, Landside, Level 0.
- Baggage Trolleys – Need a hand with your luggage? Baggage trolleys are available. Rate: a refundable deposit of €1 (coin-only). If you don’t have a €1 coin handy, free tokens are available in the car parks and Arrivals halls.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers – Cloakroom service (coats, shoes and more) for €2 per item • Key / document drop for €5 per item • luggage storage (bags up to 100 x 60 x 40 cm) starting at €10 per day. Location: Welcome Space – Le Square – Level 1. Hours : 6:00AM – 10:00PM.
- Luggage Wrapping – Protect your bags from theft and damage by having your bags wrapped in plastic. Rate: Starting at €10 per bag. Locations: Terminal 1, Departure 11 (Hours: 9:00AM – 8:00PM) • Terminal 1, Landsde (Hours: 9:00AM – 8:00PM) • Terminal 2 (Hours: 5:00AM – 9:00PM).
- Medical Services – Urgent and emergency medical care is available at the Infirmary (Bâtiment Arc, Level 0) and at the walk-in Medical Practice (Arc Building, Level 0). Infirmary hours: 8:00AM – 8:00PM. Medical Practice hours: Open 24 hours.
- Pharmacy – Location: Le Square, airside, Level 1. Hours: 8:00AM – 8:00PM (Mon – Fri) • 8:00AM – 7:00PM (Sat) • 10:00AM – 8:00PM (Sun).
- Mobile Charging – There are 5 tables in the restaurant area of Terminal 1 that enable mobile charging.
- ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: Terminal 1, landside, Check-in area on Level 1 • Terminal 2, landside, Check-in area on Level 0.
- Currency Exchange – Currency exchange services are offered by Travelex. Locations: Terminal 1, Level 1. (Hours: Unknown) • Terminal 1, Level 1, Place des Lumières. (Hours: 5:30AM – 9:30PM).
- Prayer Area – There is an interfaith Religious Centre located on Level 1 in Le Square. Hours: Open 24 hours.
Rest & Relaxation
- Hotels – see “Airport Hotels” above.
- Lounges – see “Airport Lounges” above.
- Rest Zones – Head to the free lounge area and information bar in Le Square (Level 1). The airport provides free tablet usage and a relaxation area.
Take precaution even when sleeping in the rest zones. In December 2019, a traveller at another airport reported that money and credit cards had been stolen from their bag even though the bag was right beside them. Protect and lock your bags as you would sleeping elsewhere in public.
- Duty Free and Shopping – The airport offers 3 Duty Free shops as well as a selection of other shops including Relay (newspapers, magazines, snacks, etc.).
Showers, Salon & Spa
- Showers – Freshen up before or after a long flight! Two options are available: € 7 for Eco shower or € 12 for Comfort shower. Location: Le Square, Level 1. Hours: 6:00AM – 10:00PM.
- Spa & Salon Services – Manicures and pedicures are available at Mademoiselle Vernis Nail Bars. Locations: Terminal 1, Airside, Departure lounge, Level 1 (Hours: 8:30AM – 7:30PM) • Terminal 2, Airside, Departure lounge Hours: 11:30AM – 7:00PM).
The airport is open 24 hours.
Lyon airport is served by the following airlines: Aegean • Aer Lingus • Aeroflot • Air Algérie • Air Arabia Maroc • Air Canada • Air Corsica • Air France • Air Malta • Air Transat • Armenia Air Company • Austrian Airlines • Blue Air • BRA Airlines • British Airways • Brussels Airlines • Chalair • Croatia Airlines • easyJet • Eastern Airways • Emirates • Eurowings • Finnair • Hop! • Iberia • Iberia Express • Igavion • Jet2 • KLM • Lufthansa • Montenegro Airlines • Nouvelair • Pegasus Airlines • Royal Air Maroc • Smartwings • S7 Airlines • TAP Portugal • Transavia • Tunisair • Turkish Airlines • Twin Jet • Volotea • Vueling • Wizz Air.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
The airport is well connected to the bus system, whether you are travelling to the city, a nearby town or heading to the slopes, there should be a bus than can get you there. For fares, routes and schedules, visit the Lyon Airport website.
A free shuttle service links the airport with the car rentals area. The following agencies are located onsite: Avis/Budget • Enterprise/National/Alamo • Europcar • Hertz/Thrifty • Sixt • Total. Self-service car rentals are also available (24 hour pick-up) with ada and VIRTUO.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Ibis Budget Aeroport Lyon Saint Exupery (Shuttle Hours: 24 hours) • Campanile Lyon Est • Premiere Classe Lyon Est.
Metered taxis are readily available at the taxi rank just outside of the airport. Accepted methods of payment include cash, credit cards and bank checks. The following average daytime rates (7:00AM – 7:00PM) were current at the time of this January 2019 update: Lyon Centre € 50 – 55; Eurexpo € 45 – 50; Cité Internationale € 45 – 50; Grenoble € 150 – 160; Moutiers € 230 – 240.
Lyon Airport is connected by train to over 24 towns in France and Italy, with service provided by TGV high-speed trains or low-cost OUIGO trains. For more information on train services, visit the Lyon Airport website.
Last updated: 2020-03-05
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.