Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Lyon Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
There were at one point 12 different people taking up couch space, and the staff took absolutely no notice, left us perfectly alone. – a traveller
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Lyon–Saint-Exupéry Airport.
What to Expect
- A modern international airport with three separate terminals for domestic, international and low-cost carrier flights. A wide variety of shops, restaurants and services are available, mainly in Terminals 1 and 2.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter one of the airport’s first class lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
- Don’t bother trying to sleep in the stingy and uncomfortable Terminal 3! Terminal 1 is the popular terminal for sleeping, with its ample supply of comfortable seating and couches (mostly near bars and restaurants that are closed for the night), peaceful atmosphere, power outlets a-plenty, and free WiFi.
- Have earplugs or noise-cancelling headphones handy to block out any annoying overhead announcements!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- According to one reviewer, vending machines in the airport train station are cheaper than the vending machines inside of the airport terminal.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter by paying at the door. Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
- Dzhari Lounge – Location: Terminal 2, Airside. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door. [ more lounge info ]
- Hegoa Lounge – Location: Terminal 1, Airside. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door. [ more lounge info ]
- Solano Lounge – Location: Terminal 2, Airside, Schengen flights only. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door. [ more lounge info ]
If you are a First or Business Class traveller you may have access to the lounge listed below. For more information, check the airline’s web site.
- Air France Lounge – Location: Terminal 2, Airside.
If sleeping in Lyon Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- NH Lyon Aéroport – (30 steps from Terminals 1 and 3) Day rooms are offered according to availability. » Check Rates
- Hotel Kyriad Lyon – Aéroport Saint Exupéry – (800m from the airport) Free 24-hour airport shuttle departs every 30 minutes. » Check Rates
- Ibis Budget Aeroport Lyon Saint Exupéry – (6 minute walk from the airport) Free airport shuttle runs from 3:00AM to 2:30PM and 4:45PM to 11:30PM (weekdays) and 3:00AM to 10:30AM and 4:45PM to 11:30PM (weekends and public holidays). » Check Rates
- Hotel Campanile Lyon Est – Aeroport Saint Exupéry – (5 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle is available from the hotel to the airport (24 hours a day). From the airport to the hotel, the shuttle is available on request. You need to call 04 78 40 40 11 to be collected and it costs 6,00€ per person. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Lyon Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Lyon Airport.
- WiFi – see “Airport WiFi/Internet” above.
- Baby Care Facilities – Diaper changing rooms are available 24 hours a day in T1 and T2. Loaner strollers are available for use, free of charge. Request one at the Information Desk.
- Children’s Play Area – When you want to ensure your kids burn off all their energy before their flight, take them to one of the children’s play areas. Locations: Terminal 1, landside, Level 0 near the tour operators • Terminal 2, Airside, Departures lounge.
- Games Area – Locations: Terminal 1, départ 15 and Terminal 2, départ 21.
Food & Drinks
- Food & Drinks – Food concessions throughout the airport operate on varying schedules, with some open as early as 4:30AM or 5:00AM. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options.
- Information Desk – Locations: T1, Level 0. (Hours: 8:00AM – 11:00PM) • T2, Level 0. (Hours: 6:00AM – 11:00PM) • Welcome Area – Le Square, Level 1. (Hours: 6:00AM – 11:00PM).
- Baggage Trolleys – Need a hand with your luggage? Baggage trolleys are available. Rate: a refundable deposit of €1 (coin-only). If you don’t have a €1 coin handy, free tokens are available in the car parks and Arrivals halls.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers – Cloakroom service is available for the storage of coats, shoes, helmets, and other items for €2 per item; small hand luggage items (knives, etc.) for €5 per item; and a key / document drop for €5 per item. Location: Welcome Space – Le Square – Level 1. Hours : 6:00AM – 10:00PM.
- Luggage Wrapping – Available for €10 per bag. Location: Terminal 1, Hall A. (Hours: 6:00AM – 8:00PM).
- Medical Services – Urgent and emergency medical care is available at the Infirmary (Bâtiment Arc, Level 0) and at the walk-in Medical Practice (Arc Building, Level 0). Infirmary hours: 8:00AM – 8:00PM. Medical Practice hours: Open 24 hours.
- Pharmacy – Location: Le Square, airside, Level 1. Hours: 8:00AM – 8:00PM (Mon – Fri) • 8:00AM – 7:00PM (Sat) • 10:00AM – 8:00PM (Sun).
- Mobile Charging – There are 5 tables in the restaurant area of Terminal 1 that enable mobile charging.
- ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: Terminal 1, landside, Check-in area on Level 1 • Terminal 2, landside, Check-in area on Level 0.
- Currency Exchange – Locations: Travelex, Le Square. Hours: 8:15AM – 6:00PM (Mon, Wed, Fri – Sun). Travelex, Terminal 1, Hall B. Hours: 5:30AM – 8:15PM (Mon, Wed, Thurs & Fri), 5:30AM – 7:00PM (Tues).
- Prayer Area – There is an interfaith Religious Centre located on Level 1 in Le Square. Hours: Open 24 hours.
Rest & Relaxation
- Hotels – see “Airport Hotels” above.
- Lounges – see “Airport Lounges” above.
- Rest Zones – Not available.
- Duty Free and Shopping – The airport offers 3 Duty Free shops as well as a selection of other shops including Relay (newspapers, magazines, snacks, etc.).
Showers, Salon & Spa
- Showers – Freshen up before or after a long flight! Two options are available: € 7 for Eco shower or € 12 for Comfort shower. Location: Le Square, Level 1. Hours: 6:00AM – 11:00PM.
- Spa & Salon Services – Express manicure and pedicure services are available at Mademoiselle Vernis Express Nail Bar. Location: T2, airside, Departure lounge. Hours: 2:00PM – 8:00PM (Sun-Fri). Closed on Saturdays.
The airport is open 24 hours.
As of February 2018, Lyon airport is served by the following airlines: Aegean • Aer Lingus • Aeroflot • Aigle Azur • Air Algérie • Air Arabia Maroc • Air Armenia • Air Canada • Air Corsica • Air France • Air Malta • Air Transat • Austrian Airlines • Blue Air • British Airways • Brussels Airlines • Chalair • Croatia Airlines • easyJet • Emirates • Eurowings • Finnair • Flybe • Hop! • Iberia • Iberia Express • Jet2 • Jetairfly • KLM • Lufthansa • Montenegro Airlines • Nouvelair • Pegasus Airlines • Royal Air Maroc • S7 Airlines • TAP Portugal • Transavia • Tunisair • Turkish Airlines • Twin Jet • Volotea • Vueling • Wizz Air • WOW • XL Airways.
The airport is well connected to the bus system, whether you are travelling to the city, a nearby town or heading to the slopes, there should be a bus than can get you there. For fares, routes and schedules, visit the Lyon Airport website.
A free shuttle service links the airport with the car rentals area. The following agencies are located onsite: Avis/Budget, Enterprise/National/Alamo, Europcar, Hertz/Thrifty, Sixt and Total.
Metered taxis are readily available at the taxi rank just outside of the airport. Accepted methods of payment include cash, credit cards and bank checks. The following average daytime rates (7:00AM – 7:00PM) were current at the time of this December 2017 update: Lyon Centre € 50 – 55; Eurexpo € 45 – 50; Cité Internationale € 45 – 50; Grenoble € 150 – 160; Moutiers € 230 – 240.
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected] and we will update this guide.