Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Malaga Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
At 2am the security woke me up anyway to check my air ticket and guide me to the general landside hall, where two homeless people were already sleeping.The security lady wasn’t rude to me, but she gestured her colleagues she thinks I’m a bit crazy. – tinkole
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Málaga–Costa del Sol Airport.
What to Expect
- A modern and busy international airport with two passengers terminal currently in operation (Terminals 2 and 3).
- A wide variety of shops, restaurants and services are available, including some 24 hour dining options!
- WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
- After security checkpoints close for the night, passengers are restricted to landside only. Passengers sleeping airside will be required to go back to landside until security reopens, and will need to clear security again to re-enter.
- The best place to sleep is in Terminal 3 departures. Behind the Burger King, you will find a large windowsill which overlooks the runway. This little sleep spot is popular with overnight sleepers, so if the spot has already been claimed, check out the area around the ground floor bathrooms. Benches and power outlets are available.
- Terminal 2 is noisier and has no comfortable chairs or benches for sleeping on, but if you have a sleeping bag or travel mat and blanket handy, you can sleep comfortably in a secluded spot under one of the escalators.
- Regardless of where you choose to sleep, have a sleep mask and earplugs or noise-cancelling headphones handy to block out those bright airport lights and loud noises!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there is a lounge that you can enter by paying at the door, purchasing a lounge pass or through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
If sleeping in Malaga Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Holiday Inn Express Malaga Airport – (5 minutes from the airport terminal) This is the closest hotel to the airport. Bus A, a public bus that departs from the airport, stops 100 meters in front of the hotel. Present your bus ticket at the hotel’s front desk for reimbursement. » Check Rates
- Campanile Malaga Airport – (2 minutes from the airport) Bus A, a public bus that departs from the airport, stops next to the hotel. » Check Rates
- Malaga Picasso – (3 minutes from the airport) This hotel is easily accessible by taxi and public buses. » Check Rates
- TRYP Malaga Guadalmar Hotel – (5 minutes from the airport) This hotel is easily accessible by taxi and public buses. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Malaga Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free unlimited WiFi is available at Malaga Airport. Connect to the “kubiwireless” network. (SSID: Airport_Free_Wifi_AENA). Additionally, there are 12 internet kiosks throughout the terminal.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs, operated by Banca March and Euronet, are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: in Terminal 3 – Arrivals Hall (Floor 0) and Check-In area (Floor 1). Baggage Reclaim (Floor 0), Check-In area (Floor 1), and airside in the Boarding Area (Floor 1).
Baby Care Facilities – Feed and care for your baby in privacy and comfort in the Nursing Room. Location: T2, airside, Boarding Area / Floor 1.
Chapel – Location: Terminal 3, Landside, P0, Arrivals Hall. Hours: 6:00AM – 10:30PM.
Children’s Play Area – Location: Terminal 2 (Landside, Check-in • Airside, Boarding Area and Gates B) • Terminal 3 (Landside, Arrivals • Landside, Check-in Area 301 – 362 and 363 – 386 • Airside, Gate C and Gate D).
Currency Exchange – There are a total of 4 currency exchange offices. Locations: Terminal 2, Baggage Claim, Floor 0 • Terminal 3, Baggage Claim, Floor 0 • Terminal 3, Arrivals Hall, Floor 0 • Terminal 3, Departures Area, Floor 1.
Duty Free & Shopping – Duty-free shopping is available airside to passengers departing from Terminals 2 or 3. In addition, a wide range of merchandise is available for sale from shops throughout the airport.
Family Services – If you are travelling with children, there is Children’s Play Area (Location: Terminal 2, Airside, Departure Area) and a Nursing Room (Location: Terminal 2, Airside, Departure Area).
Food & Drinks – Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. These options are open 24 hours: Mum’s Kitchen (T3, airside, Departures / Floor 1) • Upper Crust (T3, airside, Departures / Floor 1) • Starbucks (T3, landside, Departures / Floor 1).
Information Desk – Information desks are located throughout T3 in these locations: Check-In area, landside, Floor 1 (open 24 hours) • Arrivals Hall, Floor 0 • Baggage Reclaim Hall, airside, Floor 0 • Boarding Area, airside, Floor 1.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Medical Services – Urgent and emergency medical care is available at the Medical Centre. Location: T3, Arrivals / Floor 0. Hours: unknown.
Pharmacy – There are 2 pharmacies. Locations: Terminal 3, Landside, Departures Area, Floor 1 • Terminal 3, Airside, Departures Area, Floor 1.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
The airport is open 24 hours.
As of February 2018, Malaga airport is served by the following airlines: Aer Lingus • Aeroflot • Air Arabia Maroc • Air Europa • Air Malta • Air Nostrum • Air Transat • Alitalia • BA CityFlyer • Blue Air • British Airways • Brussels Airlines • Bulgaria Air • Corendon • Dutch Airlines • Easyjet • Eurowings • Evelop • Finnair • Flybe • Germania • Hélity • Iberia • Iberia Express • Jet Time • KLM • Lufthansa • Luxair • Norwegian • Primera Air • Royal Air Maroc • Ryanair • SAS • Small Planet Airlines • SmartWings • Swiss • TAP Portugal • Transavia • Travel Service • TUIfly • Turkish Airlines • Volotea • Vueling • Wizz Air.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
The airport is well connected to the bus system, offering passengers the following options (with stops outside of T3 Arrivals):
- Airport Express Route Line 75 running between the airport and city center in just 15 minutes.
- Intercity buses connecting you to Marbella, Estepona and Santa Amalia are also available from the airport.
- Long distance buses are also available connecting you to Algeciras and Alsa.
For fares, routes and schedules, visit the public transportation page of the Malaga Airport website.
These car rental agencies can be found between baggage claim carousels 28 and 31: Avis/Budget, Europcar/Interrent, Goldcar, Hertz/Firefly, Record Go and Sixt.
Metered taxis are readily available from the taxi rank located outside of Terminal T3 Arrivals area. For estimated fares, visit the Malaga Airport website.
T4 and T3 are connected to the train system offering you service to the city centre of Malaga, Benalmádena, Torremolinos and more.
Last updated: 2018-10-23
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected] and we will update this guide.