Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Maputo Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
The personnel is friendly though sleeping in the building might not be allowed – a traveller
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Maputo International Airport.
What to Expect
- A simple airport with basic facilities and two terminals for domestic and international flights. The terminals are close to one another, but not connected. There is a paved walking path.
- Shopping and dining options are very limited.
- Friendly airport staff, but possible language barrier.
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
- As of May 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there is a lounge that you can enter by purchasing a lounge pass or through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
If sleeping in Maputo Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Montebelo Indy Maputo Congress Hotel – (15 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers are available upon request for $10.00 USD each way. » Check Rates
- Hotel Atlantis Maputo – (15 minutes from the airport) Airport transport is available upon request – 500,00MZN each way. » Check Rates
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Maputo Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
WiFi is available at Maputo Airport inside the lounge. [ see Airport Lounges above ] At the time of this update, we did not have any information about WiFi availability elsewhere in the terminal.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – We do not have any information regarding the availability of ATM at the airport; however, there are a few banks that may be of assistance with cash withdrawals.
Banking Services – Available.
Currency Exchange – The airport has one currency exchange booth.
Duty Free & Shopping – Duty Free shopping is available as well as a small variety of shops.
Food & Drinks – Cafes and restaurants are available. Further information is not available.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to [email protected] and we will update this airport guide.
As of February 2018, Maputo airport is served by the following airlines: Turkish Airlines • Qatar Airways • Ethiopian Airlines • TAP Air Portugal.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Avis and Hertz have offices at the airport.
Some local hotels offer shuttle service to and from the airport. Contact your hotel of choice for availability and details.
Taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport. Some taxis are metered, but many are not, so be prepared to negotiate your fare before hopping in.
Last updated: 2018-10-23
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected] and we will update this guide.