Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Marseille Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
You’ll find chairs/benches without armrest, not really comfy but very convenient! – Leodie
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Marseille Provence Airport.
What to Expect
- An international airport with two terminals. The main terminal is Terminal 1 (Hall A and Hall B), while the smaller Terminal 2 serves the low-cost carriers. A wide variety of shopping and dining options are available in Terminal 1.
- WiFi and internet workstations are available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter one of the airport’s first class lounges. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
- Travelers who wish to spend the night in this airport, are directed to sleep on the 2nd level of the main terminal (Hall A) between the main concourse and the restaurant. In this area, you will find carpeted floor, comfortable leather benches, a large TV and power outlets for charging your electronics. The area is patrolled by security on a regular basis, so it’s calm and safe.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter by paying at the door or through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
- Cezanne Lounge – Location: Terminal 1, Airside, Hall A. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
- Luberon Lounge – Location: Terminal 1, Airside, Hall B (France and European flights). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
If sleeping in Marseille Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel Pullman Marseille Provence Aéroport – (3 minutes from the airport) 24-hour airport shuttle runs on demand to/from the airport. » Check Rates
- Ibis Marseille Provence Airport Hotel – (3 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle from 5:00AM to Midnight. » Check Rates
- Ibis Budget Aéroport Marseille – (3 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle from 5:00AM to Midnight. » Check Rates
- Best Western Marseille Aéroport – (3 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle from 5:00AM to Midnight. Use a courtesy phone after arriving to request the shuttle then head to the Shuttle bus stop. » Check Rates
A few of these hotels can be contacted by courtesy telephones set up at the exit door outside of the Arrivals area and at the shuttle waiting area outside the terminal (located between Halls A and B at Terminal 1). If you are travelling light and the temperature is nice, you may also walk to a few of the hotels. A map is available on the call board with directions and walking times.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Marseille Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Marseille Airport
If you are not travelling with a mobile device, there 3 computers available to connect to the internet. Location: Arrivals Terminal 1, Hall A (Business Center). Rate: 4,50€ per hour (1 hour minimum charge), payment by credit card only.
Webcorners can also be found in all departure lounges. The Webcorners offer multilingual access to internet, web cams, USB/file transfering and more. Location: Four webcorners per departure area. Rates: 2,00€ / 15 minutes, 3,00€ / 30 minutes, 5,00€ / 1 hour. Payment by credit card or cash (euros).
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations:
- Terminal 1: Hall A (International Arrivals) • Hall B (Domestic Arrivals) • Hall B (Domestic Departures)
- Terminal 2: Departures.
Currency Exchange – Location: Terminal 1, Hall A, Ground Level. Hours: 6:30AM – 8:30PM every day.
Duty Free & Shopping – Duty Free is available as well as a selection of shops including 5 Relay Convenience stores. Hours vary for all stores but most open around 5:00AM and most are closed by 9:00PM.
Food & Drinks – The airport offers a selection of restaurants and cafes both Landside and Airside. While there are no 24 hour food concessions, vending machines can be found in Terminal 1, Hall A (Ground Floor) and Hall B (Ground Floor).
Information Desk – Information Desk – Location: Terminal 1 Hall A (International Arrivals) • Terminal 1 Hall B (Domestic Arrivals).
Luggage Storage & Lockers – A left luggage office is available. Location: Terminal 1, Hall A, Ground Floor. Hours: 5:00AM – 7:00PM every day. Rate: 15 € per item for the first day, 10 € each day thereafter.
Luggage Wrapping – SafeBag – Location: Terminal 1, Hall A, before security. Luggage wrapping service with guarantee costs 16€ and without guarantee costs 12€.
Medical Services – There is a First Aid station located in Terminal 1, Hall B, Ground Floor.
Mobile Charging – At the time of this update, we did not have any information about mobile charging availability. If you know, click here to update this airport guide.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
The airport is open 24 hours.
As of January 2019, Marseille airport is served by the following airlines: Aegean • Aer Lingus • Aigle Azur • Air Algerie • Air Austral • Air Canada • Air Corsica • Air France • Air Madagascar • Air Malta • Air Transat • Alitalia • British Airways • Brussels Airlines • easyJet • El Al • Eurowings • Hop! • Iberia • KLM• Laudamotion • Lufthansa • Nouvelair • Pegasus Airlines • Royal Air Maroc • Ryanair • SAS • Swiss • TAP Air Portugal • TUIfly • Tunisair • Turkish Airlines • Twin Jet • Volotea • Vueling • XL Airways.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
The airport is well connected to the bus system whether you need to get to the city center, the train stations or your ski resort. For fares, routes and schedules, visit the Marseille Airport website.
The following rental car agencies have counters at the airport (Hours:7:00AM – 11:30PM): Alamo, Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Europcar, Firefly, Goldcar, Hertz, Interrent, National and Sixt.
Many local hotels provide airport shuttle service as a courtesy to their guests. Ask your hotel for shuttle service availability and details.
The following hotels offer airport shuttle service: Best Western Marseille Aeroport • Golden Tulip Marseille Airport • Ibis Budget Aeroport Marseille Provence • Ibis Marseille Provence Aeroport • Ibis Styles Marseille Aeroport • Pullman Marseille Provence Airport.
Taxis are available 24 hours a day. Both cash and credit cards are accepted by most taxis.
The airport offers a free shuttle to the Vitrolles-Aéroport Marseille Provence train station. The shuttle departs from bus platform 5, approximately every 15 minutes with a total travel time of 5 minutes.
Last updated: 2019-01-09
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.