Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Mazar-i-Sharif Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
Mazar airport is not a place to sleep in. – unknown
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Mazar-i-Sharif International Airport.
What to Expect
- A small international airport with a newly-built international terminal and an older Soviet-era terminal used solely for domestic flights.
Where to Sleep
- As of May 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If sleeping in Mazar-I-Sharif Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Renaissance Hotel – (15 minutes from the airport) Also known as the Royal Oak Hotel, this high-end guesthouse and restaurant is aimed towards foreign travelers. Located next to the Governor’s house in Darwaza-ye Balkh. No airport shuttle
- Farhat Hotel – (15 minutes from the airport) A budget hotel located in Darwaza-ye Balkh, two blocks west of the shrine. Rooms have private bathroom and TV with foreign channels.
- Barat Hotel – (15 minutes from the airport) A modern budget hotel located east of the shrine. Shared bathrooms.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotel deals in Mazar-I-Sharif on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Information not available.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
Information not available.
As of February 2018, Mazar-I-Sharif airport is served by the following airlines: Emirates • Turkish Airlines • FlyDubai.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport. There are no meters, so negotiate a fare with the driver before starting your journey.
Last updated: 2018-10-23
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected] and we will update this guide.