Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Monterey Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
There is a hotel walking distance from the airport. Monterey is a tourist area so sometimes, hotels will sell out or be prohibitively expensive. Plan ahead. – a traveller (2016)
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Monterey Airport.
What to Expect
- Monterey Airport is a small airport frequented by four major carriers. The terminal is open from 4am until the arrival of the last flight and is open 7 days a week 365 days a year.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- This airport is not 24 hours so you won’t be able to have an overnight stay, we also don’t have any information available about the seating available in the airport.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges at the airport.
If sleeping in Monterey Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Comfort Inn Monterey Peninsula Airport – (5 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Super 8 Monterey – (5 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Red Roof Inn & Suites Monterey – (5 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Monterey Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Airport WiFi / Internet
Free unlimited WiFi is available at Monterey airport.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
Duty Free & Shopping – No duty free shops are available but there are some small shops to buy souvenirs.
Food & Drinks – At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options. Food options include: Golden Tee Restaurant & Bar (Landside. Hours: Unknown) • Fly Away Cafe (Airside. Hours: Opens at 4:30AM, closing time is unknown).
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
The airport is open from 4:00AM until the arrival of the last flight.
As of February 2018, Monterey airport is served by the following airlines: American Airlines • United Airlines • Alaska Airlines • Allegiant Airlines.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
The airport is served by a public bus route. For fares, routes and schedules, visit the Monterey-Salinas Transit website.
Several companies offer car rentals onsite. Alamo • Avis • Budget • Enterprise • Hertz • National
Taxis are available outside the terminal. Only authorized taxis are allowed; no reservations necessary. Airport pickup and drop-offs incur an additional $3.00 surcharge.
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected] and we will update this guide.