Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Osaka Itami Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
ITM Airport Overview
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down about what to expect during your time at Osaka Itami Airport.
What to Expect
The smaller of two area airports, Osaka Itama Airport (code: ITM) handles domestic flights from its single terminal, divided into North and South departure areas. The Central Block contains most facilities, including 20+ eateries and cafes, a variety of shops, and a hotel. Coin-operated massage chairs are available in both North and South departure lounges. For added comfort while you wait, lounges are available. See Airport Lounges in the guide below for location and access information.
Where to Sleep
The airport closes nightly, from 10:00PM until 5:30AM, so spending the night is not possible. For uninterrupted sleep, a hotel is located inside the terminal’s Central Block. Other nearby hotels offer shuttle service. See our Airport Hotels section below for more info or read some traveller airport reviews for more tips.
Due to the current Covid-19 pandemic, all services and times listed below are subject to change. Some services and facilities may remain closed or operate with reduced hours. Airport tips and suggestions in this guide and elsewhere on the site were written before March 2020 and may no longer be valid. If you are planning to sleep in the public area of the terminal overnight, have a back-up plan! We’ve heard from a few travellers at other airports and they were not permitted to stay overnight. We’re not sure if that will apply to this airport, until a reader lets us know the current situation. We will start updating all of our guides in October 2021. To help us with this massive update, you can add or update information or write a review and submit photos and airport tips.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security. For more information on Europe’s Schengen Area, click here.
If sleeping in Osaka Itami Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
At Airport Osaka Air Terminal Hotel – Located at the airport in the main terminal, Central Block, Level 3. Due to translation issues with the hotel’s web site we are unable to determine whether day rooms are available. » Check Rates
Near Airport Toyoko Inn Osaka Itami Airport – (2 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle is available on a set schedule. Hotel > Airport: the shuttle departs every 15 minutes (6:00AM – 10:30AM). Airport > Hotel: the shuttle departs from Level 3, North Terminal (3:00PM – 9:30PM). » Check Rates
Near Airport Green Rich Hotel Osaka Airport – (2 minutes from the airport) An airport shuttle is available (reservations are required). » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Osaka Itami Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there is a lounge that you can enter by paying at the door:
- Credit Card Holder Lounge – Location: Central Terminal, 3F. Lounge Access: This lounge is accessible to holders of certain Gold and Premium credit cards. Rate: non-cardholders pay 1,230.
If you are a First or Business Class traveller you may have access to the lounges listed below. For more information, check the airline’s website.
- Japan Airlines Diamond Premier Lounge – Location: North Terminal, Airside.
- JAL Sakura Lounge – Location: North Terminal, Airside.
- ANA Lounge – Location: South Terminal, Airside.
Free WiFi is available in Osaka Itami Airport.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
- Post Office – JP Post. Location: Central Terminal 1F. Hours: 7:00AM – 10:00PM (Mon-Sat). Closed at 9:00PM on Sundays and holidays.
- WiFi – see “Airport WiFi/Internet” above.
- Baby Care Facilities – The airport’s nurseries offer changing facilities, area for nursing or feeding babies, and hot water for infant formula preparation. Locations: South Terminal 2F Departure Lobby / Boarding Gate • Central Terminal, 3F • Near Gates 13 and 14.
- Children’s Play Area – When you want to ensure your kids burn off all their energy before their flight, take them to one of the children’s play areas. Locations: Central Terminal, 3rd Floor.
- Strollers – Available to rent free of charge. See the Information Desk in the Central Terminal (2F Arrival Lobby).
Food & Drinks
- Food & Drinks – Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options. There are at least 25 restaurant/cafe options available in both terminals.
- Information Desk – The Information & Travel Help Desk offers information, hotel reservation service, car rental reception, travel insurance assistance, and temporary baggage storage. Location: South Terminal, 1F Arrival Lobby • North Terminal, 1F Arrival Lobby • Central Terminal 1F. Hours: 6:30AM – 9:20PM (South Terminal) • 6:30AM – 9:00PM (North Terminal). An Information Phone kiosk is also available. Location: South Terminal, 2F Departure Lobby • North Terminal, 2F Departure Lobby. Hours: 6:30AM – 9:00PM.
- Luggage Storage – Yamato Transport offers storage. Rates: ￥700 per item. Location: Central Terminal, 1F. Hours: 7:00AM – 9:00PM.
- Luggage Lockers -Bill or coin-operated luggage lockers are available. Locker rates: ¥ 300 small • ¥ 400 midsize • ¥ 500 large • ¥ 700 extra large. Rates change after the fifth day of storage. Locations:
- Bill-operated Lockers: South Terminal 1F, inside the windbreak room at the far south end • Central Terminal 2F, in front of café Marufuku Coffee • North Terminal 1F, next to the group tour counter.
- Coin-operated Lockers: South Terminal 1F, in front of the North end of lobby restroom • North Terminal 1F, near the entrance to the monorail connecting passageway.Medical Clinic – Location: Central Terminal 1F. Hours: 9:00AM – 12:00PM and 1:00PM – 4:00PM (Mon-Fri) • 9:00AM – 12:30PM (Sat).
- Medical Services – If you are feeling unwell, medical assistance is available:
- Medical Clinic – Location: Central Terminal 1F. Hours: 9:00AM – 12:00PM and 1:00PM – 4:00PM (Mon-Fri) • 9:00AM – 12:30PM (Sat).
- Dental Clinic – Location: Central Terminal 1F. Hours: 9:00AM – 12:30PM and 2:00PM – 5:15PM (Mon-Fri) • 9:00AM – 12:30PM (Sat).
- Pharmacy – Location: Central Terminal 2F, Landside. Hours: 6:30AM – 9:00PM.
- Mobile Charging – Free cell phone charging stations can be found Airside (near Gates 10 and 17) and in the Arrivals Area of the South Terminal.
- ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: South Terminal 1F Ticket Lobby • North Terminal 1F Departure Lobby.
- Currency Exchange – Travelex. Location: Terminal 1F, Check-in • Terminal 2F, Check-in. Hours: 6:30AM – 8:00PM.
Rest & Relaxation
- Hotels – see “Airport Hotels” above.
- Lounges – see “Airport Lounges” above.
- Massage Chairs – Coin-operated massage chairs are available in these locations: South Terminal 2F Departure Lobby / Boarding Gate • North Terminal 2F Departure Lobby / Boarding Gate.
- Observation Deck – Pass the time watching the runway action. Location: 4th Floor. Hours: 6:00AM – 10:00PM. Rate: Free.
- Rest Zones – There are no dedicated sleeping areas, quiet areas or rest zones. If this information has changed, click here to update this guide.
- Duty Free & Shopping – A few convenience stores are available, along with a variety of shops selling gifts, sweets and local delicacies.
Showers, Salon & Spa
- Barber – Location: Central Terminal 2F. Hours: 10:00AM – 8:00PM.
- Showers – Not available.
- Spa – Queensway Light / Q’s Bodycare offers a variety of spa services. Location: Central Terminal, 2F, Landside. Hours: 10:00AM – 10:00PM.
- Smoking Rooms – Locations: South Terminal 2F Boarding Gate • North Terminal 2F Departure Lobby / Boarding Gate • Central Terminal 3F • Central Terminal 1F (outside).
Other Airport Services
- Shoe Shine – Locations: South Terminal, 2F, Boarding Gate • North Terminal, 2F, Boarding Gate. Hours: 6:30AM – 6:00PM (Mon-Fri) and 6:30AM – 2:30PM (Sat, Sun, holiday).
The airport is open from 5:30AM – 10:00PM (North/South Terminal) • 5:30 – 11:30PM (Central Terminal).
Osaka Itami airport is served by the following airlines: ANA • Amakusa Airlines • Japan Airlines.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Many bus routes connect the airport to the city center, Osaka Kansai International Airport, and nearby areas. Buses pick-up and drop-off just outside the terminals. For routes, bus stop numbers and more information, visit the Osaka Itami Airport website.
Many trains connects the Osaka Airport Station with Osaka, Kyoto, Kobe, and Osaka Kansai International Airport. For details see the airport website.
Taxi stands are located outside both the South and North Terminals. If you are flying with ANA/IBEX proceed to the South Terminal. The North Terminal serves passengers flying with JAL/AMEX.
Several companies offer car rental services including Nippon • Nissan • Orix • Toyota • Times Car Rental.
Last updated: 2019-07-10
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.