Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Osaka Itami Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Osaka Itami Airport.
What to Expect
- A single building divided into three parts: North Terminal, South Terminal, and Central Terminal.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of May 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have used this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there is a lounge that you can enter by paying at the door:
- Credit Card Holder Lounge – Location: Central Terminal, 3F. Lounge Access: This lounge is accessible to holders of certain Gold and Premium credit cards. Rate: non-cardholders pay 1,230 yen.
If sleeping in Osaka Itami Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
At Airport Osaka Air Terminal Hotel – Located at the airport in the main terminal, Central Block, Level 3. Due to translation issues with the hotel’s web site we are unable to determine whether day rooms are available. » Check Rates
Near Airport Toyoko Inn Osaka Itami Airport – (2 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle is available on a set schedule. Hotel > Airport: the shuttle departs every 15 minutes (6:00AM – 10:30AM). Airport > Hotel: the shuttle departs from Level 3, North Terminal (3:00PM – 9:30PM). » Check Rates
Near Airport Green Rich Hotel Osaka Airport – (2 minutes from the airport) An airport shuttle is available (reservations are required). » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Osaka Itami Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available in Osaka Itami Airport.
- Post Office – JP Post. Location: Central Terminal 1F. Hours: 7:00AM – 10:00PM (Mon-Sat). Closed at 9:00PM on Sundays and holidays.
- WiFi – see “Airport WiFi/Internet” above.
- Baby Care Facilities – The airport’s nurseries offer changing facilities, area for nursing or feeding babies, and hot water for infant formula preparation. Locations: South Terminal 2F Departure Lobby / Boarding Gate • North Terminal 2F Departure Lobby / Boarding Gate.
- Children’s Play Area – When you want to ensure your kids burn off all their energy before their flight, take them to one of the children’s play areas. Locations: South Terminal, Airside, 2nd Floor, next to Starbucks • North Terminal, Airside, 2nd Floor, in front of Toy Merry.
Food & Drinks
- Food & Drinks – Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options. There are at least 20 restaurant/cafe options available in both terminals.
- Information Desk – The Information & Travel Help Desk offers information, hotel reservation service, car rental reception, travel insurance assistance, and temporary baggage storage. Location: South Terminal, 1F Arrival Lobby • North Terminal, 1F Arrival Lobby • Central Terminal 1F. Hours: 6:30AM – 9:15PM (South Terminal) • 8:00AM – 9:15PM (North Terminal).
An Information Phone kiosk is also available. Location: South Terminal, 2F Departure Lobby • North Terminal, 2F Departure Lobby. Hours: 6:30AM – 9:00PM.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers – The Information & Travel Help Desk offers left luggage storage. Rates: unknown. Location: South Terminal, 1F Arrival Lobby • North Terminal, 1F Arrival Lobby. Hours: 6:30AM – 9:00PM (South Terminal) • 8:00AM – 9:00PM (North Terminal).
» Coin-operated luggage lockers are available at ‘per calendar day’ rates: ¥ 300 for a small locker • ¥ 400 for a midsize locker • ¥ 500 for a large, extra large (wide), or extra large (tall) locker. Rates change after the fifth day of storage. Lockers are available at two locations in the North Terminal and five in the South Terminal. Hours: 6:00AM – 10:00PM.
- Medical Services –
- Medical Clinic – Location: Central Terminal 1F. Hours: 9:00AM – 12:00PM and 1:00PM – 4:00PM (Mon-Fri) • 9:00AM – 12:30PM (Sat).
- Dental Clinic – Location: Central Terminal 1F. Hours: 9:00AM – 12:30PM and 2:00PM – 5:15PM (Mon-Fri) • 9:00AM – 12:30PM (Sat).
- Pharmacy – Location: Central Terminal 2F. Hours: 7:15AM – 7:45PM.
- Mobile Charging – Locations: Sky Book Store, Central Terminal 1F (Hours: 6:30AM – 8:30PM) • Sky Convenience Store, Central Terminal 1F (Hours: 6:30AM – 9:30PM).
- ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: South Terminal 1F Ticket Lobby • North Terminal 1F Departure Lobby.
- Currency Exchange – Travelex. Location: Terminal 1F, Check-in • Terminal 2F, Check-in. Hours: 6:30AM – 8:00PM.
Rest & Relaxation
- Hotels – see “Airport Hotels” above.
- Lounges – see “Airport Lounges” above.
- Massage Chairs – Coin-operated massage chairs are available in these locations: South Terminal 2F Departure Lobby / Boarding Gate • North Terminal 2F Departure Lobby / Boarding Gate.
- Rest Zones – Not available.
- Duty Free & Shopping – A few convenience stores are available, along with a variety of shops selling gifts, sweets and local delicacies.
Showers, Salon & Spa
- Barber – Location: Central Terminal 2F. Hours: 10:00AM – 8:00PM.
- Showers – Not available.
- Spa – The Relaxation Salon offers a variety of spa services. Location: North Terminal, 2F. Hours: 10:00AM – 8:00PM.
- Smoking Rooms – Smoking Rooms – Locations: • South Terminal 2F Departure Lobby / Boarding Gate • North Terminal 2F Departure Lobby / Boarding Gate • Central Terminal 1F (outside).
Other Airport Services
- Shoe Shine – Locations: South Terminal, 2F, Boarding Gate • North Terminal, 2F, Boarding Gate. Hours: 6:30AM – 6:00PM (Mon-Fri) and 6:30AM – 2:30PM (Sat,Sun,holiday).
The airport is open from 5:30AM – 10:00PM.
As of March 2018, Osaka Itami airport is served by the following airlines: Japan Airlines • ANA • Air Canada • United Airlines.
Many bus routes connect the airport to the city center, Osaka Kansai International Airport, and nearby areas. Buses pick-up and drop-off just outside the terminals. For routes, bus stop numbers and more information, visit the Osaka Itami Airport website.
Many trains connects the Osaka Airport Station with Osaka, Kyoto, Kobe, and Osaka Kansai International Airport. For details see the airport website.
Taxi stands are located outside both the South and North Terminals. If you are flying with ANA/IBEX proceed to the South Terminal. The North Terminal serves passengers flying with JAL/AMEX.
Several companies offer car rental services including Nippon, Nissan, Toyota, Orix, and Times Car Rental.
Last updated: 2018-10-23
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected] and we will update this guide.