Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Oulu Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Oulu Airport.
What to Expect
- The single terminal Oulu airport is the second busiest in Finland. There are around twenty daily flights to Helsinki. Oulu Airport is also extensively used by the Finnish Air Force for training purposes.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Travellers report cushioned benches which are comfy to sleep on.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Hailuoto Lounge – Location: gate area, airside. Lounge access: unknown.
If sleeping in Oulu Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Finlandia Hotel Airport Oulu – (7 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Scandic Oulu – (22 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Original Sokos Hotel Arina – (24 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Radisson Blu Hotel – (24 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Oulu Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free unlimited WiFi is available in Oulu Airport. No password or registration necessary! Connect to the “Free WiFi for you by Finavia” network.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
Art in the Airport – The art exhibit Liminganlahti “Impressions of nature” is located in the gate area and open during terminal hours.
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: in the Arrivals Hall.
Duty Free & Shopping – Oulu Shop offers tax-free shopping in the airport. Rotuaari Pharmacy offers over-the-counter remedies for common ailments, but no prescription medications. Both Oulu Shop and the airport pharmacy are located airside, open during flight operating times.
Early Check-in – If your flight leaves before 10:00AM, you can check-in the evening before, as long as the check-in desks are open.
- Baby Care Facilities – Separate rooms are available with baby change facilities, in addition to the change tables that can be found in the washrooms throughout the airport.
- Children’s Play Area – When you want to ensure your kids burn off all their energy before their flight, take them to the children’s play area. The space comes equipped with a child-size flight control tower with slide, colorful toys, a video corner, and more. Location: Airside.
- Strollers – Strollers are available. No further details are available.
Food & Drinks – Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options. Food options include: Oulu Cafe (landside and airside) • Oluthuone Toppila (airside only).
Information Desk – An Information Desk is available. You can also store keys and other small items here. Rates: 5,00€/item/day. Location: Landside. Hours: unknown.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Mobile Charging – At the time of this update, we did not have any information about mobile charging availability. If you know, click here to update this airport guide.
Rest Zones – Wait for your flight in comfort with one of the rocking chairs at the gate area, or play a tune on the piano in the Hailuoto Lounge waiting area.
Pharmacy – See Duty Free and Shopping above.
Postal Services – Drop off your last minute postcards at the airport’s mailbox. Location: Landside, arrivals hall.
Showers – Not available.
Smoking Room – Location: 1st Floor, airside, near the children’s play area.
While it appears that this airport closes for a few hours at night, as of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. If you know the airport hours, click here to update this airport guide.
As of January 2019, Oulu airport is served by the following airlines: Finnair • Norwegian • SAS.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Public buses regularly connect the airport and the Oulu city center. Timetables and other details are available here.
A taxi stand is located outside the terminal. Taxis are available for each flight arrival. You can also pre-book taxis.
Several companies offer car rental services, including Avis, Budget, Europcar, Hertz, Scandia Rent and Sixt.
Last updated: 2019-02-04
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.